Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 46 47
49 50 ... 116 117
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Jaldi

875 posts

120 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Jaldi said:
WEHGuy said:
Is there an app that suggests contacts that are the same and then allows you to connect them under 1 contact? I used to have a HTC Desire Z and a HTC XE and they done this automatically but, I can only seem to do it manually on the S3.
Google Contacts
So did you look at Google Contacts? It did the job for me.

WEHGuy

1,251 posts

58 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Jaldi said:
Jaldi said:
WEHGuy said:
Is there an app that suggests contacts that are the same and then allows you to connect them under 1 contact? I used to have a HTC Desire Z and a HTC XE and they done this automatically but, I can only seem to do it manually on the S3.
Google Contacts
So did you look at Google Contacts? It did the job for me.
I went to the app store but, couldn't find it. Stuff like Google Drive, GO Contacts, Contacts Backup, Go Contacts EX, Google Goggles, etc only came up.

Kermit power

16,756 posts

98 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
WEHGuy said:
I went to the app store but, couldn't find it. Stuff like Google Drive, GO Contacts, Contacts Backup, Go Contacts EX, Google Goggles, etc only came up.
GO Contacts does what you want. The only thing lacking is a the ability to actually make all the changes with a single click. It does automatically identify them all for you though, so you do save a lot of time still.

dontfollowme

695 posts

118 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Google Contacts is not an app you just access it via your Gmail. Sorting your contacts id a pain the first time you do it but worth it when you change phones.

Asterix

20,333 posts

113 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Well it looks like I'll be getting one of these soon. Wife is going for the i4S - she's not bothered about the i5 to pay the ridiculous premium and she finds both the S3 & S2 too large for her dinky digits.
Advertisement

Crafty_

7,291 posts

85 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Asterix said:
Well it looks like I'll be getting one of these soon. Wife is going for the i4S - she's not bothered about the i5 to pay the ridiculous premium and she finds both the S3 & S2 too large for her dinky digits.
There is (allegedly) a "mini" version coming out, Samsung have sent invites out to an event, I think its next week sometime, maybe your better half will find that easier to use..

Asterix

20,333 posts

113 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Crafty_ said:
There is (allegedly) a "mini" version coming out, Samsung have sent invites out to an event, I think its next week sometime, maybe your better half will find that easier to use..
She won't hang around. Her bb, like mine, is playing silly buggers on a daily basis now. She's happy so I'll let it be.

She's getting them tomorrow so I'll have a new toy to play with!

Edited by Asterix on Sunday 7th October 18:49

Caulkhead

4,938 posts

42 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
I plugged mine into KIES yesterday and it told me there was a firmware update available for my Orange kit. I thought it would be the new android jelly bean thing, but I don't think it is. It still says 4.0.4 and I think JB is 4.1?

Jaldi

875 posts

120 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Caulkhead said:
I plugged mine into KIES yesterday and it told me there was a firmware update available for my Orange kit. I thought it would be the new android jelly bean thing, but I don't think it is. It still says 4.0.4 and I think JB is 4.1?
Definitely not JB. As you said, JB is 4.1.x
Besides which, JB isn't out for the UK yet, and won't be out for Orange contact users for a while after that - not until they (Orange) have taken their sweet time adding all their branding and bloatware crap to it.

Fletch79

1,569 posts

82 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Jaldi said:
Definitely not JB. As you said, JB is 4.1.x
Besides which, JB isn't out for the UK yet, and won't be out for Orange contact users for a while after that - not until they (Orange) have taken their sweet time adding all their branding and bloatware crap to it.
There's hardly any orange modification, There are two apps both you can ignore completely ... i have no other branding at all on mine!

Jaldi

875 posts

120 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Fletch79 said:
There's hardly any orange modification, There are two apps both you can ignore completely ... i have no other branding at all on mine!
What firmware version is your phone on?

Fletch79

1,569 posts

82 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Build Number IMM76D.I9300XXBLG8

Caulkhead

4,938 posts

42 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
My build number: IMM76D.I9300BVBLH2

A lex

11,899 posts

118 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Got sick of waiting and just put the Polish JB 4.1.1 on mine via ODIN.

Very easy to do and WOW!

When you have got 30mins spare you need to do this. JB is a lovely step forward and the 'butter' interface really is lovely. Lots of incremental improvements that you dont notice at first but make the whole experience much nicer too.

Google NOW looks as though it could be interesting as well.

Asterix

20,333 posts

113 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
So - the missus went to buy the S3 for me (16gb plus a 64gb sd - no stocks of 32gbs but 80gb in total will be plenty although I have over 75gb of music, I'll be selective as to what I put on there), going for the brown one and she started having more of a play with it, spent 5 mins playing with the i4S and then decided to go for a S3 as well as she said the screen is simply amazing and the Apple was boring.

So I'll have a good play with it when I get home smile


ZesPak

13,907 posts

81 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Asterix said:
So - the missus went to buy the S3 for me (16gb plus a 64gb sd - no stocks of 32gbs but 80gb in total will be plenty although I have over 75gb of music, I'll be selective as to what I put on there), going for the brown one and she started having more of a play with it, spent 5 mins playing with the i4S and then decided to go for a S3 as well as she said the screen is simply amazing and the Apple was boring.

So I'll have a good play with it when I get home smile
rofl
75 GB of music on your phone.

Nah, I have 80GB as well (16 + 64), I only fill it up about half when I go on vacation and put some movies on it hehe.

FUBAR

16,640 posts

123 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Asterix said:
So I'll have a good play with it when I get home smile
What about the phone? hehe

Is it just me who doesn't fill the phone up with media?

Asterix

20,333 posts

113 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
My iPod classic went phutt last month so it will get used as such. I won't put all of it on though.

ZesPak

13,907 posts

81 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
FUBAR said:
What about the phone? hehe

Is it just me who doesn't fill the phone up with media?
No, it's not just you, plenty of people go for the 16GB without putting a micro SD in. Just like with the iPhone 5, the most popular model is 16GB without expandable memory.

ApexJimi

9,591 posts

128 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
A lex said:
Got sick of waiting and just put the Polish JB 4.1.1 on mine via ODIN.

Very easy to do and WOW!

When you have got 30mins spare you need to do this. JB is a lovely step forward and the 'butter' interface really is lovely. Lots of incremental improvements that you dont notice at first but make the whole experience much nicer too.

Google NOW looks as though it could be interesting as well.
Does this do away with touchwiz and the various Samsung apps?
1 2 ... 46 47
49 50 ... 116 117
Reply to Topic