PistonHeads.com Forum

O2 network down

Author
Discussion

hornetrider

58,778 posts

112 months

Friday 13th July 2012
quotequote all
North West Tom said:


Get told. hehe
rofl

Richyvrlimited

1,594 posts

70 months

Friday 13th July 2012
quotequote all
hornetrider said:
It's not a RAN (mast) issue, so no. If you have faster data it's probably because half the subscribers cant access the network so you have all the bandwidth to yourself.

BBC reporting its fully fixed now anyway.
I understood what the issue was, but presumably O2 didn't know what the issue was at first and attempted to 'fix' it by increasing mast power.

It's not that data's faster, (it is, but only by virtue of actually getting 3G in this area), I just have a consistently good/great signal at work, whereas previously it was poor/dire. Seems to be the same for everyone else here I've spoken to who are on O2 as well.

Podie

43,425 posts

182 months

Friday 13th July 2012
quotequote all
hornetrider said:
North West Tom said:


Get told. hehe
rofl
O2s responses have been great. A good balance of sarcasm and help.

Esseesse

7,088 posts

115 months

Friday 13th July 2012
quotequote all
Richyvrlimited said:
hornetrider said:
It's not a RAN (mast) issue, so no. If you have faster data it's probably because half the subscribers cant access the network so you have all the bandwidth to yourself.

BBC reporting its fully fixed now anyway.
I understood what the issue was, but presumably O2 didn't know what the issue was at first and attempted to 'fix' it by increasing mast power.

It's not that data's faster, (it is, but only by virtue of actually getting 3G in this area), I just have a consistently good/great signal at work, whereas previously it was poor/dire. Seems to be the same for everyone else here I've spoken to who are on O2 as well.
Where are you? My signal is definitely better in Bedford.

Richyvrlimited

1,594 posts

70 months

Friday 13th July 2012
quotequote all
Esseesse said:
Where are you? My signal is definitely better in Bedford.
North West - Warrington (Home) Wigan (Work)
Advertisement

Esseesse

7,088 posts

115 months

Friday 13th July 2012
quotequote all
Richyvrlimited said:
Esseesse said:
Where are you? My signal is definitely better in Bedford.
North West - Warrington (Home) Wigan (Work)
Hmm so everywhere then. I can't believe it's because not everyone is back up and running by now either.

miln0039

2,012 posts

65 months

Friday 13th July 2012
quotequote all
Esseesse said:
Hmm so everywhere then. I can't believe it's because not everyone is back up and running by now either.
Mine is still ste - so back to normal hehe

GTIR

Original Poster:

24,741 posts

173 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
Is it just me, again, "no service" on my iphone 4S.

Rang O2, on my iphone 3S which works, and they are saying "we are having problems with our network"

FFS!

Keyser Soze

16,189 posts

98 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
GTIR said:
Is it just me, again, "no service" on my iphone 4S.

Rang O2, on my iphone 3S which works, and they are saying "we are having problems with our network"

FFS!
Just checked mine, all OK

Kent

Shaw Tarse

26,004 posts

110 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
Tempting fate,
All ok (Tesco iPhone 4)

Dan_1981

12,117 posts

106 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
Edge only network in Sheffield.

3G has gone walkabout.

HorneyMX5

2,966 posts

57 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
There's a naitionwide issue with SIMs registering on the network. At the moment it seems some will and some wont. o2 investiagting.

Nick

3sixty

2,873 posts

106 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
3G having tantrums here, Manchester

miln0039

2,012 posts

65 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
Mine is down. Humph.

Nimbus

1,174 posts

135 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
Sounds like they've broken an HLR again then.... so if you are on it, no service, if you're not, happy days.... so the question is...

Do you feel lucky punk ? wink

Johnnytheboy

13,334 posts

93 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
Fine here - Dorset.

Megaflow

6,091 posts

132 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
Mine works in Cambridgshire. But, I've had enough of O2 anyway...

A friend just got an iPhone 5 on Orange, with unlimited minutes, texts and 1GB of data for £36 a month. But crucially, living just around the corner from us they also get something really revolutionary...

A signal!

I'm paying £37 for the same texts, 600mins and 500MB of data. O2 can go screw themselves at renewal time. I just wish I could get out before April!

ady1320

160 posts

77 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
i am in holmfirth my wife's contract phone is working ok but my p & g phone nothing mad

jock mcsporran

4,537 posts

180 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
My phone has just picked up a signal after 13 days abroad.

Coincidentally, when O2 had network problems in July I was abroad and I picked up a signal, after 9 days, within an hour of O2 announcing their network issues were resolved.

Of course, it was nothing to do with O2 because I'm abroad. It's all to do with whatever partner they use.

Thankfully my contract has now expired so I'll be moving elsewhere as soon as I get home.

hornetrider

58,778 posts

112 months

Friday 12th October 2012
quotequote all
jock mcsporran said:
Of course, it was nothing to do with O2 because I'm abroad. It's all to do with whatever partner they use.
If your home network HLR is down, you won't get any signal no matter where you are on the planet.