Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

cabbron

Original Poster:

378 posts

103 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th July 2012 quote quote all
40 minute queue in the farmacia yesterday,only one of 5 open locally as gov't hasn't paid for the perscriptions. every local in the local is asking wtf can they do to get some work? theiving is rife. the bins empty themselves. i just heard that the gov't best idea to get the housing market and thus the construction industry moving is to increase purchase tax on used property from 7 to 9%. that will help then. are all spanish clueless fkwits?

mickrick

2,988 posts

59 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th July 2012 quote quote all
Having a bad day? hehe
Do what I do, and put your dark glasses on. cool

Mind you, I lost it with the neigbours dogs yesterday. Bloody hell, as soon as I enter my property, they bark, and bark, and bark........

I haven't bothered too much as we still haven't moved in, but yesterday I'd had my fill.
The bloody neigbour wouldn't come out though. Good job actualy.

Spoke to the wife about it yesterday evening on the phone, as she's in Galicia visiting the family, and I told her I'm not sure if I realy want to move in there anymore.
(She's also my voice of reason for when I feel I'm going to do something realy stupid and get myself into bother!)
Except beer and e-bay of course! smile

I've spent 6 years renovating the place to our dream "Hobbit Hole" and in that time 8 adosado's have been built next to it. Horrible modern grey blocks, totaly not in keeping with the area.
The two right in the middle of the block, and backing up to our garden have total aholes as our neigbours. Both have two dogs penned in up against our fence, and all of them go beserk as soon as we move.

So my Wife is going to call in a favour from our friendly Guardia Civil, and ask him to come over and see, and hear for himself what we have to live with, and advise.

Hopefully he'll take out his pistol and shoot the fking neigbours! Then we can find the animals a home.

The Guy has already been denunced for the maltreatment of the animals, but the Police won't do anything, as they say "it's an intrusion of his privacy" !
Don't get me started on the ignorant scruffy muppets again!

If that sounds bad, it's nothing to what one of my good friends is experiencing from the town hall.

He thought his lawyer had put in for an Obra's Menor, and decided to go ahead and hire a 360 with a pecker, to dig out the rock at the back of his property which was piled up against the back wall, causing a damp problem.
His wonderfull neigbours denunced him for building a swimming pool, and the Policia Local came around and stopped the work.

Turns out the town hall had said his property didn't exist, was totaly illegal, and he had to legalise the property before they would give him a licence to continue the work.
The trouble is, since the property was built 30 years ago, the law has changed, and his plot is now too small to build a house on!
Funnely enough, the town hall have been quite happy to take the taxes on the house for the last 30 years!
Anyway, now someone has been around to look at the property, and commented on a small flat downstairs, which is also "illegal". Well it was there when he bought the house, but the town hall are accusing him of putting it in. (although if they say the house is illegal, I can't see what difference a kitchinette, bathroom, and a bed makes!)
He has to prove he hasn't done it, as they have informed him they are going to fine him 20,000 euro !
Oh, and they've told him as the house is illegal, it can only stand for 50 years, then he has to knock it down!
The fact is, it's the back handed corruuption of the town halls, and Alcalde's that have turned a blind eye to these "illegal" constructions in the past.
Then innocents come along, buy the property, and get burned even after using the useless lawyers.

We're off to the Notario next week to make an official statement, that we saw the flat at his house warming party in 2003 when he bought it.
Hopefully, with a fist full of those from a bunch of friends, the town hall will back down.
I wouldn't want to be in his position though.

All the Guy wants to do is make his home warm and dry. fking arsholes the lot of em!

Still waiting for my Obra Menor for a fking garden wall! rolleyes A garden wall forchrissakes!

So to answer your question, yes!

Robsti

5,684 posts

92 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th July 2012 quote quote all
sPAIN in the ass! rofl

hidetheelephants

8,064 posts

79 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th July 2012 quote quote all
Bring back Franco, all is forgiven. rolleyes

mickrick

2,988 posts

59 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th July 2012 quote quote all
Well I know a few people who where around in his time, and they say life was a lot safer.
Unless you where a bad un of course, in which case you usually got shot! smile

I do think Spainiards would be a lot safer on the roads with an Ass and cart, rather than a Merc or BMW!
Advertisement

Kneetrembler

1,676 posts

88 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th July 2012 quote quote all
mickrick said:
Well I know a few people who where around in his time, and they say life was a lot safer.
Unless you where a bad un of course, in which case you usually got shot! smile

I do think Spainiards would be a lot safer on the roads with an Ass and cart, rather than a Merc or BMW!
+1, sorry to hear of the on going problems,and I am really glad to be out of it, sad really as it was my dream living there for many years and I really loved all of it especially the people of Spain, and look where it has got them poor buggers.

I hope that you get it sorted it soon, I think that I am still in Spain at the moment with the Heat & Sun today 29c and the sea like a millpond, and for the next few days,just the grockles to get rid of and I'll be fine.

KT

fatboy69

6,151 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th July 2012 quote quote all
Is it still that bad?

Friends of mine lived in Torre Vieja for 7 years in a house they bought through what they thought were all the correct legal channels, with all the correct paperwork etc.

Turns out that the builder had stitched them up, along with 15/20 other people, by forging the paperwork & paying a crooked lawyer to sign all the papers!

They were given 2 months to quit the property after which they would be arrested, thrown into jail & treated as illegals even though they paid all their taxes & worked locally in bina fida jobs.

After a long battle with the local town hall & the officials, all of whom were on the take, my friends got back most of the money they had paid the builder - they lost around £15k I believe - & they just said 'fk it' & came back to the UK.

They are still bitter about what happened & have said on more than one occasion that they would rather nuke the Spanish mainland than set toot there ever again!

A little drastic maybe however they lost a perfectly good life style due to corrupt officials.

cabbron

Original Poster:

378 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th July 2012 quote quote all
fatboy69 said:
Is it still that bad?

Friends of mine lived in Torre Vieja for 7 years in a house they bought through what they thought were all the correct legal channels, with all the correct paperwork etc.

Turns out that the builder had stitched them up, along with 15/20 other people, by forging the paperwork & paying a crooked lawyer to sign all the papers!

They were given 2 months to quit the property after which they would be arrested, thrown into jail & treated as illegals even though they paid all their taxes & worked locally in bina fida jobs.

After a long battle with the local town hall & the officials, all of whom were on the take, my friends got back most of the money they had paid the builder - they lost around £15k I believe - & they just said 'fk it' & came back to the UK.

They are still bitter about what happened & have said on more than one occasion that they would rather nuke the Spanish mainland than set toot there ever again!

A little drastic maybe however they lost a perfectly good life style due to corrupt officials.
no its worse now!lost only 15k was a lucky escape. all too frequent tale of woe i'm sorry to say. before i moved here 10 years ago i had the perception that spain was nice and relaxed, easy going and less blighted by regulation than the uk, well fk me with a double dick surprise and vanity sprinkles how utterly wrong was i! i fking hate the place now and can't wait to leave, only stuck due to property crisis. mickrick your rants are epic but sorry to hear of your on going problems. its the simple things that the authorities decide to meddle in that ruin life here. the spanish powers that be are clueless are are born without common sense.

mickrick

2,988 posts

59 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th July 2012 quote quote all
I'm just waiting for the property market to start moving again.
I'm sure it will eventually, it may take a few years, then I think we'll be selling amd moving on.

My Wife is Spanish, and she can't bear it anymore either!

The Wife likes the U.K. so I quite fancy the New Forest area or therabouts right now.

cabbron

Original Poster:

378 posts

103 months

[news] 
Friday 27th July 2012 quote quote all
ssssh everything crossed i think i sold(gave away) one of mine yesterday! off to classifieds lol.

mickrick

2,988 posts

59 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th July 2012 quote quote all
That's just it, the only people buying are the ones that are nicking stuff!
I'm not that desperate to sell.
We do have a neighbour on the 3rd floor above our ground floor apartment that wants ours.
So I said fine, I want such and such, get yours sold and you can have it.

Edited by mickrick on Saturday 28th July 12:15

Kneetrembler

1,676 posts

88 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th July 2012 quote quote all
mickrick said:
I'm just waiting for the property market to start moving again.
I'm sure it will eventually, it may take a few years, then I think we'll be selling amd moving on.

My Wife is Spanish, and she can't bear it anymore either!

The Wife likes the U.K. so I quite fancy the New Forest area or therabouts right now.
Always a bed here while you are looking and plenty of parking.

mickrick

2,988 posts

59 months

[news] 
Sunday 29th July 2012 quote quote all
Cheers! smile
Wouldn't surprise me if you've moved on by then though. wink

Kneetrembler

1,676 posts

88 months

[news] 
Sunday 29th July 2012 quote quote all
mickrick said:
Cheers! smile
Wouldn't surprise me if you've moved on by then though. wink
No, fixed back in my old manor now apart from holidays.

Sloppy

604 posts

99 months

[news] 
Thursday 2nd August 2012 quote quote all

If you want to live in the this part of the world but can't be dealing with all the Spanish complications, move to Gibraltar!

Robsti

5,684 posts

92 months

[news] 
Thursday 2nd August 2012 quote quote all
Or when your the guest in another country Suck it up or get out! wink

mickrick

2,988 posts

59 months

[news] 
Thursday 2nd August 2012 quote quote all
Robsti said:
Or when your the guest in another country Suck it up or get out! wink
I'm not a guest, I'm a tax paying resident, my Wife who feels the same way is Spanish. Maybe she should "Suck it up" too? smile
Anyway we have no choice, as we have two properties (which we also pay taxes on) which are pretty much unsellable due to the fked up economy.

Did anyone see the investigation program on TV last night about the theft of the power cables for the copper? 20% of Cadiz without power, and they don't have the money to re-install!
Even the electric motors from the pumps for the water supply where being nicked, leaving thousands without water!
They sent 250 Police in to raid a Gypsy camp, where there where literaly mountains of stolen cables.
They also stole the manhole covers once they'd pulled the cables. yikes

cabbron

Original Poster:

378 posts

103 months

[news] 
Friday 3rd August 2012 quote quote all
suck it up or get out- out for me then. done 10 years and that comment shows a complete ignorance of the situation. 3 properties here and like mickrick am utterly fooked by the total financial meltdown. different league to the uk. manhole covet went on my road a few weeks back!!

Kneetrembler

1,676 posts

88 months

[news] 
Friday 3rd August 2012 quote quote all
Robsti said:
Or when your the guest in another country Suck it up or get out! wink
What an ignorant peasant coming up with a stroke like that, you need to go and live overseas for many years before coming up with stupid comments like that.
The majority of us on the Spanish forum have as Mickrick pointed out lived overseas as TAX PAYING RESIDENTS not some scrounging bums.

Get your head out of your arse before opening your mouth another time.

Robsti

5,684 posts

92 months

[news] 
Saturday 4th August 2012 quote quote all
Kneetrembler said:
What an ignorant peasant coming up with a stroke like that, you need to go and live overseas for many years before coming up with stupid comments like that.
The majority of us on the Spanish forum have as Mickrick pointed out lived overseas as TAX PAYING RESIDENTS not some scrounging bums.

Get your head out of your arse before opening your mouth another time.
Did you not see the smilie or did I hit a nerve now that your back in the UK with your tail between your legs! wink
2
Reply to Topic