Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

sidpinup

Original Poster:

984 posts

140 months

[news] 
Tuesday 14th August 2012 quote quote all
I picked up my Tamora from Power yesterday after its 1k service following the 4.3 upgrade.

The power is just fantastic, it pulls and pulls in any gear. I don't think it's lost much the reviness and character of the 3.6 but now with massive extra kick. It really does shift and in a very noticeable way is much much faster. Anyone thinking of improving on the standard engine, this is the way to go. Is it worth the money? Without doubt!

I would say is the Nitrons are an essential upgrade with the 4.3. They really do great work in allow the car to put the power down effectively. I think the old shocks would have struggled to the point of frustration.

Now all I have to do is buy some glue to re attach my dipstick.....thanks Dom wink

Getsis

1,429 posts

101 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
If you got it mapped don't forget to put the results here :- http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...

sidpinup

Original Poster:

984 posts

140 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
It's not been maped yet and I m thinking about an ATC air box so if I go that route I will get a full map done.

Sevenman

448 posts

77 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
sidpinup said:
Now all I have to do is buy some glue to re attach my dipstick.....thanks Dom wink
Try Unibond metal repair - It is a 2-part epoxy, oil resistant and can handle 150C.

I used this on my filler cap after a thorough clean with meths, roughening the surfaces, then leaving to set overnight. It has been fine for the past year.

Unibond metal repair

Some unexciting pictures of fixing the dipstick

The 4.3 sounds good - But I am spending enough on my Tamora just to bring it up to my standard. When I have everything sorted the engine will probably choose to let go - but for now it runs well and is fast enough for me wink

sidpinup

Original Poster:

984 posts

140 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
Thanks for the tip. I will sort the dipstick this weekend.

I took the other approach. Needed a new clutch so thought why not get an upgrade at the same time. I now have lots of small cosmetic bits to sort out but to be honest I am having too much fun teasing porkers to worry about them at the moment.

My to do list is;
Hoop seals
Stick on the rubber door pillar tops (again)
Sort out the corners on the hood fabric
Stick some of the carpet down
Sort out the leather on the top of the dash
Re seal headlight covers
Repaint inner wheel arches
Polish oil and water pots
Maybe get a carbon air box

I think that's it......

Advertisement

Targarama

13,453 posts

168 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
sidpinup said:
Thanks for the tip. I will sort the dipstick this weekend.

I took the other approach. Needed a new clutch so thought why not get an upgrade at the same time. I now have lots of small cosmetic bits to sort out but to be honest I am having too much fun teasing porkers to worry about them at the moment.

My to do list is;
Hoop seals
Stick on the rubber door pillar tops (again)
Sort out the corners on the hood fabric
Stick some of the carpet down
Sort out the leather on the top of the dash
Re seal headlight covers
Repaint inner wheel arches
Polish oil and water pots
Maybe get a carbon air box

I think that's it......
You forgot one thing:

- Drive it!!!!!!!!!!

Zippee

10,106 posts

119 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
I'm so glad you've posted what you have. Mine goes in for its 1k running in service on the 31st of this month. I'm currently running max half throttle and up to 5000 rpm and the difference is already noticeable but it's like theres something underneath held on a leash, chomping at the bit to be let go but I know I can't just yet. I can't wait to get the 1k over and done with so I can see just how quick she really is....

ShiDevil

1,936 posts

59 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
Zippee said:
I'm so glad you've posted what you have. Mine goes in for its 1k running in service on the 31st of this month. I'm currently running max half throttle and up to 5000 rpm and the difference is already noticeable but it's like theres something underneath held on a leash, chomping at the bit to be let go but I know I can't just yet. I can't wait to get the 1k over and done with so I can see just how quick she really is....
That thing underneath is probably a mouse, knawing away at your temperature sensor :P

aerospoke

350 posts

115 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
Now you have to change your PH-name to Spinitup!

sidpinup

Original Poster:

984 posts

140 months

[news] 
Thursday 16th August 2012 quote quote all
aerospoke said:
Now you have to change your PH-name to Spinitup!
That's actually rather good smile

Buzz Billsberry

1,092 posts

116 months

[news] 
Friday 17th August 2012 quote quote all
ShiDevil said:
That thing underneath is probably a mouse, knawing away at your temperature sensor :P
biggrin

Buzz

sidpinup

Original Poster:

984 posts

140 months

[news] 
Friday 17th August 2012 quote quote all
Zippee said:
I'm so glad you've posted what you have. Mine goes in for its 1k running in service on the 31st of this month. I'm currently running max half throttle and up to 5000 rpm and the difference is already noticeable but it's like theres something underneath held on a leash, chomping at the bit to be let go but I know I can't just yet. I can't wait to get the 1k over and done with so I can see just how quick she really is....
Zippee, It is honestly so fast compared to the standard 3.6. Just like the old engine is a pussy cat in the lower rev range but easier to drive as you feel less need to change gear all the time. Again like the 3.6 it all starts to happen over 5k rpm, full throttle acceleration is just fantastic. My face aches from smiling and my buttocks from clenching. Even well over 100 leptons its still pulling very hard. You will run out to nerve or road before the car does smile

collingbroon

355 posts

76 months

[news] 
Friday 17th August 2012 quote quote all
At a drag strip the other day I got 123.3 mph in 1/4 mile and never got out of 3rdwoohoo

sidpinup

Original Poster:

984 posts

140 months

[news] 
Friday 17th August 2012 quote quote all
That's very quick Collin, I think an Audi R8 V8 only gets 113mph and roughly on par with the V10. That will upset my mate biggrin

What time did you get btw?

collingbroon

355 posts

76 months

[news] 
Friday 17th August 2012 quote quote all
I got a 12.6, the problem I found compared with the 3.6 was getting the power down at the start, but I got a a better top speed than a 911 turbo which just shows how quick the engine pics up pace. He got a 12.3 and 118 mph

RedSpike66

2,192 posts

97 months

[news] 
Friday 17th August 2012 quote quote all
collingbroon said:
I got a 12.6, the problem I found compared with the 3.6 was getting the power down at the start, but I got a a better top speed than a 911 turbo which just shows how quick the engine pics up pace. He got a 12.3 and 118 mph
Have you filled in the Wiki ??
And are you using super grippy tyres since the conversion ??

collingbroon

355 posts

76 months

[news] 
Saturday 18th August 2012 quote quote all
RedSpike66 said:
Have you filled in the Wiki ??
And are you using super grippy tyres since the conversion ??
No Iv not done that yet, no it was just on normal road tyres.

collingbroon

355 posts

76 months

[news] 
Saturday 18th August 2012 quote quote all
Just tried to put my times in the Wiki, how do you do it, sorry not that clued up with that kind of thing?

RedSpike66

2,192 posts

97 months

[news] 
Saturday 18th August 2012 quote quote all
The Wiki is here..... http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...

Just click on Update Article... then look for the entry point for your time (it's in fastest at the top order)... When you get your cursor to the beginning of the line where you wish to insert your info, create a blank line by hitting 'enter' and the fill in the blank line with your details. The sensitive bit to make it format correctly is the '||' characters to start and end a box with text in it.... make sure it all ends with a '||'. It's called the pipe character, and is above the '\' on the keyboard, so it's shift+\ ;-)

Use the preview button - if offered - to look at it first before submit - don't want you cocking it up yikes

If you're still not confident, put all the times in a post here and I'll do it for ya.

Edited by RedSpike66 on Saturday 18th August 23:36

collingbroon

355 posts

76 months

[news] 
Sunday 19th August 2012 quote quote all
Done mate, thanks.
2
Reply to Topic