Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

_Leg_

Original Poster:

821 posts

98 months

[news] 
Sunday 26th August 2012 quote quote all
Anyone have any experience of having film protection fitted to a brand new car please and able to share their experiences please?

Ta

bunyarra

234 posts

99 months

[news] 
Sunday 26th August 2012 quote quote all
Not new but this is the procedure

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/pro-studio/344...

This stuff has a good reputation - self healing film seems to actually work. Bit more expensive than regular stuff though. Was quoted £1300+VAT for just the bonnet, wings and bumper.

Guam

22,251 posts

155 months

[news] 
Sunday 26th August 2012 quote quote all
bunyarra said:
Not new but this is the procedure

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/pro-studio/344...

This stuff has a good reputation - self healing film seems to actually work. Bit more expensive than regular stuff though. Was quoted £1300+VAT for just the bonnet, wings and bumper.
Thats bulking film, most reputable operations over here in the UK, will use pre cut designs, rather than run the risk of knifing the paint, otherwise basic principles are the same.
Cheers

bunyarra

234 posts

99 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
Sorry - yes, you are right. It was not the example I thought I had bookmarked frown

Definitely run a mile if the installer wants to cut the film on your car.

This was the lot I was referring to : http://www.paintshield.co.uk/

Shame it is so bleeding costly.

_Leg_

Original Poster:

821 posts

98 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
Thanks. Seen that last one in magazines. I wondered if anyone had actually had it done?
Advertisement

Guam

22,251 posts

155 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
Thanks. Seen that last one in magazines. I wondered if anyone had actually had it done?
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=136&t=1125982&mid=13948&nmt=Paint+Protection+Film+%28PPF%29%3A++XPel+Ultimate+vs+the+others

Far Cough

699 posts

55 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
Had the front of my car done when new and opted for a clear vinyl wrap just to protect from stone chips as the paint was 100%. Once done you couldnt tell it was wrapped until you put your nose against it. £500 to cover bonnet , front bumper , headlights and wing mirrors. That price was 50% what something like ventureshield would have cost. I preferred the bespoke fit rather than the pre cut sections as there are no lines visible.

_Leg_

Original Poster:

821 posts

98 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
Thanks for that, especially the link. Spot on!

iandc

1,463 posts

93 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
Just had mine done by Paintshield. It was done from new and detailed before the film went on. I am very pleased with it though it is expensive. They use a precut design and it looks great with no risk of cut marks. Plus it self heals as demonstrated at Waxstock yesterday when they ran a wirebrush over the film on their demo car and poured hot water on it and the scratches disapperaed. Very impressive.

_Leg_

Original Poster:

821 posts

98 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
iandc said:
Just had mine done by Paintshield. It was done from new and detailed before the film went on. I am very pleased with it though it is expensive. They use a precut design and it looks great with no risk of cut marks. Plus it self heals as demonstrated at Waxstock yesterday when they ran a wirebrush over the film on their demo car and poured hot water on it and the scratches disapperaed. Very impressive.
I'll be booking my new pork in for doing with paintshield immediately when it arrives. Wish I had done the m3 when it was new too but I think that's due a visit to KDS before it gets done. Cars eh, complete money pit.

Thanks.

Johnnytheboy

10,538 posts

73 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
I had mine done when brand new by Paintshield - I can't recommend it highly enough.

Sure, it's expensive, but the attention to detail and after care is brilliant, and I now have a 3 year old car with a reputation for chipping badly that has no stone chips at all.

iandc

1,463 posts

93 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
I'll be booking my new pork in for doing with paintshield immediately when it arrives. Wish I had done the m3 when it was new too but I think that's due a visit to KDS before it gets done. Cars eh, complete money pit.

Thanks.
Yes but we love em eh! I too used KDS for the detailing then Paintshield for the film.

PJ S

10,005 posts

114 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
As the Lambo Reventon was done by both KDS & Paintshield, I'd say you should be able to have Kelly and them liase with one another so the car is done at his unit, once he's finished correcting it.
A complete one-stop booking in that respect.

kds keltec

1,355 posts

77 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
PJ S said:
As the Lambo Reventon was done by both KDS & Paintshield, I'd say you should be able to have Kelly and them liase with one another so the car is done at his unit, once he's finished correcting it.
A complete one-stop booking in that respect.
This is a man who speaks the truth , all thou got the wrong lambo thou wink,

soon on my new website it will have the area for paintshield too






kelly

PJ S

10,005 posts

114 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
Yes, only just realised I should've said Aventador, and was hastily coming back to edit my post before being found out.
Seeing as you've quoted me.....fk it! biglaugh

_Leg_

Original Poster:

821 posts

98 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
Kelly - was going to contact you re the M3 tbh. It's been well cared for (I've had it from new) but has stone chips and the usual BMW orange peel and could do with a refresh. I think once that's done I'll get it paintshielded as its a keeper (wish I had done it from the off tbh). It wouldn't need the interior or anything else doing, just the paintwork. It's alpine white.

This thread though was mainly about my impending new arrival, a Porsche 981 S. definately getting that paintshielded from new but unsure if it should be detailed first and if so to what level. I'm not sure to what standard pork paintwork is at new these days.



Edited by _Leg_ on Tuesday 28th August 08:14

kds keltec

1,355 posts

77 months

[news] 
Thursday 30th August 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
Kelly - was going to contact you re the M3 tbh. It's been well cared for (I've had it from new) but has stone chips and the usual BMW orange peel and could do with a refresh. I think once that's done I'll get it paintshielded as its a keeper (wish I had done it from the off tbh). It wouldn't need the interior or anything else doing, just the paintwork. It's alpine white.

This thread though was mainly about my impending new arrival, a Porsche 981 S. definately getting that paintshielded from new but unsure if it should be detailed first and if so to what level. I'm not sure to what standard pork paintwork is at new these days.



Edited by _Leg_ on Tuesday 28th August 08:14
Hey sorry for the delay , i dont always get much time in busy periods to get onto forums , well the 2 that i am on anyway.

just pop an email over or ring and speak to me or paul (which paul will be fine to deal with what you need)

the answer is yes to all really ,

we can deal with both cars when your ready, we can even collect and deliver them if you wish.

Its never a bad thing to have the car detailed before films , its can make the film application go much smoother with proper clean paint and in the future if you do need to remove or replace the film you have brand new perfect paint waiting for you biggrin

new website waiting to go live has all the services we offer and have been offering for a while now without advertising , like painting transportation etc .

regards kelly

Guam

22,251 posts

155 months

[news] 
Thursday 30th August 2012 quote quote all
kds keltec said:
Hey sorry for the delay , i dont always get much time in busy periods to get onto forums , well the 2 that i am on anyway.

just pop an email over or ring and speak to me or paul (which paul will be fine to deal with what you need)

the answer is yes to all really ,

we can deal with both cars when your ready, we can even collect and deliver them if you wish.

Its never a bad thing to have the car detailed before films , its can make the film application go much smoother with proper clean paint and in the future if you do need to remove or replace the film you have brand new perfect paint waiting for you biggrin

new website waiting to go live has all the services we offer and have been offering for a while now without advertising , like painting transportation etc .

regards kelly
Spot on Kelly, especially with ultimate if there are defects you will see them through the film smile

Been practicing with our new Toy <Brian James Motorshuttle 3 axle job> damn they are big, reversing that beast takes some getting used to smile

Edited by Guam on Friday 31st August 10:16

_Leg_

Original Poster:

821 posts

98 months

[news] 
Thursday 30th August 2012 quote quote all
Emailed you Kelly.

kds keltec

1,355 posts

77 months

[news] 
Saturday 1st September 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
Emailed you Kelly.
cool i will get back to you with your requirements soon thumbup


kelly
2
Reply to Topic