Well I never asked for it and always said no when offered to send me some.at times she maybe said how come your not going here or doing that,my response I can't I'm skint,her response I'll give/send you some. I'm not trying to avoid paying at all. Just not a clue on the legal side of things and the procedures and follow up to the claim form. As if I fill it in with an offer and she then refuses this offer and still takes me to court, well that's just hassle/expense nobody wants
Still you didnt send the money back though and always kept it.
You are still contradicting yourself here... 'Im not trying to avoid paying at all' then 'if I offer and she rejects, then that's just hassle/expense I dont want'...
As said, you ignored the claim and your Ex for a period of time long enough for it to get this far, you are not telling the whole story, just a twisted end part of yes, but, no, but yes, but no... Saying you are away for weeks on end with work doesnt sway, unless you are mining underground for all that time a phone and PC do work... if my father can contact my mother from the middle of a jungle at least once a week whilst away, you really cant claim 'oh I couldn't talk as a defence'...
So far you have for you:
1) you didnt ask for it.
2) you told her you didnt want it.
3) Most things in a relationship are a gift unless specified.
1) You type like its not a gift.
2) You mention you want to pay, but dont want to be fleeced.... all the time in your replies.
3) you never gave the 'gifts' back despite not wanting them.
4) its from a business account.
5) you have ignored/not talked it through despite Ex taking time to contact you, which could and probably will look bad on you.
1) was it ever declared anywhere else that is want not a gift (discussion, email, etc)?
2) Do you want to pay her, or is that guilt setting in, either you do or you don't, its not a 2 way street.
3) The claim form is simple... Why do you not think anything is owed... its not an exam, its a simple reply.
From the looks of it, its you not wanting to talk and sticking 2 fingers up at Ex... then it going through claims and you now think that something might get found out, maybe I can offer something, maybe they wont find out, what do I do now...
you have been advised to fill out the document to the best of your ability, but dont lie on the form as it can get found out, from the way you type there is something else.