Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 4
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Slagathore

Original Poster:

3,944 posts

72 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
Popped in to Richard yesterday at Castle Combe and promised I would spam Pistonheads about this event.

I suppose it doesn't really need much of an introduction, as it's been about for a while now, but it's a bit earlier this year on the 20th October.

For those that aren't familiar with the day, you can buy passenger laps around Combe from a wide selection of cars, anything from Radicals, Ferraris, Minis or fast hatchbacks!

So, just a heads up to anyone interested in attending. I'm sure it will be another great day!

I think the car situation is OK at the moment, but I'm sure Rich would love to hear from anyone with something race prepared/interested/caged. Or from any of the regular racers at Combe who can fit a passenger seat in their car.

AngryApples

5,297 posts

145 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
Cracking, love this event!


ChrisFitz

590 posts

59 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
Not knowing much about this event, is it more a case of riding as passenger in a car on track, or is it a car meet or combination of the two? Thanks.....

Slagathore

Original Poster:

3,944 posts

72 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
Combination of the two.

Bristol Motor Club are usually there as well running their auto solo event. So you can take your own car around their marked out track, competing against others for the fastest time.

There's normally a few owners clubs that bring a few cars as well.

Not to mention all the race and track cars will be in the paddock free for everyone to wander about and have a look.

I'm sure Rich could arrange for Pistonheads to have another designated area of parking near the paddock if there's enough numbers.

ChrisFitz

590 posts

59 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
Slagathore said:
Combination of the two.

Bristol Motor Club are usually there as well running their auto solo event. So you can take your own car around their marked out track, competing against others for the fastest time.

There's normally a few owners clubs that bring a few cars as well.

Not to mention all the race and track cars will be in the paddock free for everyone to wander about and have a look.

I'm sure Rich could arrange for Pistonheads to have another designated area of parking near the paddock if there's enough numbers.
Ok, thanks for the info & explanation. Sounds like a good day out.

Advertisement

chimtvr

1,310 posts

114 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
who is running it this year? last year it was "yellow fever"?? wonder if they want me to bring the vete again?

Slagathore

Original Poster:

3,944 posts

72 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
chimtvr said:
who is running it this year? last year it was "yellow fever"?? wonder if they want me to bring the vete again?
Yeah, same guy is organising it - Richard.

He just said on Monday that he is really busy at the moment, so didn't have time to start a thread on here, so I said I'd do it.

Do you have his email address? If you've been before as a driver, her should have yours. I think he was going to send out a big group email this week some time to all the previous drivers to see if they'd be available to drive this year.

If you need his email, PM me.

chimtvr

1,310 posts

114 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
I'll wait and see if I get an email thanks mate.
It was a laugh last year but pretty harsh on tyres

D_G

1,519 posts

89 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
BMC are doing the Autosolo in the paddock again, small changes this year will allow us to give more of the entry fee to the charity. We will have the 'top gear' board as usual so hope to see some of you having a go.

Hopefully the weather will be kind and the whole event attracts a good turnout.

Cheers

Dave
smile

Scooby P1

1,993 posts

109 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Weather dependent, could be very keen to bring my Noble to this event. How does one sign up?

D_G

1,519 posts

89 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Scooby P1 said:
Weather dependent, could be very keen to bring my Noble to this event. How does one sign up?
http://www.stroke.org.uk/supercar

Scooby P1

1,993 posts

109 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
You keen, Dave?

Happy to give passenger laps, which is what's required by all accounts.

My turning point of 'have to own a Noble' was riding pillion with Deano in his Orange one round Coombe a coouple of years back!

thenortherner

678 posts

43 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Great event, I've been the past 2 years running.

Laps in a Radical are well worth it, especially if Rachel Davis is driving again. If not, there's another guy who runs a Radical stickered up with 'Monster' logos who's definitely worth a passenger lap with.

Plumber1

599 posts

41 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Scooby P1 said:
Weather dependent, could be very keen to bring my Noble to this event. How does one sign up?
It's going to rain smile

AngryApples

5,297 posts

145 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Definitely up for this - 2 weeks to go!

BalhamBadger

1,045 posts

53 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Looks interesting.. do you pay to get in/park or just for laps?

D_G

1,519 posts

89 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Scooby P1 said:
You keen, Dave?

Happy to give passenger laps, which is what's required by all accounts.

My turning point of 'have to own a Noble' was riding pillion with Deano in his Orange one round Coombe a coouple of years back!
I'll be there but not with the Nob, I'll be running the Autosolo demo rides and showing people the ropes. Come on over and say hi! I think Deano will be there on the day too.

Flyin Banana

2,032 posts

118 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
ill be there with the TVR'S we have 500 griff, supercharged chim and my Sagaris on track for people to have rides in

Rob

DeanoM12

488 posts

101 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
D_G said:
Scooby P1 said:
You keen, Dave?

Happy to give passenger laps, which is what's required by all accounts.

My turning point of 'have to own a Noble' was riding pillion with Deano in his Orange one round Coombe a coouple of years back!
I'll be there but not with the Nob, I'll be running the Autosolo demo rides and showing people the ropes. Come on over and say hi! I think Deano will be there on the day too.
yes Damn Straight!! The autosolo nerves are setting in already though hehe

Slagathore

Original Poster:

3,944 posts

72 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
BalhamBadger said:
Looks interesting.. do you pay to get in/park or just for laps?
I think it's £5 entry for adults and £2.50 for OAPs. Children under 15 or 16 are free.

All the money goes to the Stroke Association.

Then passenger rides start at around £20 and go up to about £60 for the faster and more interesting cars.
2 3 4
Reply to Topic