PistonHeads.com Forum

Changing the seats in a Griff

Changing the seats in a Griff

Author
Discussion

Purple Helmut

Original Poster:

73 posts

121 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
I just wanted to ask if anyone has changed their seats in the griffs.

my question is, what fits easily? or what can be fitted?

Can you fit seats from a Tamora? ...it's a sililar size car?
what about other seats ie T350, Tuscan etc

If anyone has done this or can reccommend an option, i'd be interested to hear about it

Thanks

cavebloke

503 posts

124 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Not much info but these guys have clearly put Tam seats in a Griff so it must be possible.

virgil

1,552 posts

121 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
I think the list of done's extends to:

Tamora
Tuscan
Cerbera (500SE OE)
Lotus Elise/Exige std and probax
Mazda MX5

And i think a particular narrow sparco fixed back has been done...

Seat height seems to be the main quantry with fitting the new ones...ie, does your head now hit the roof? :-)

cossers

898 posts

37 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
cavebloke said:
Not much info but these guys have clearly put Tam seats in a Griff so it must be possible.
think that guy is the upholsterer! looks like he does a very good job too! think these seats can be seen in the car in the the pics from the griff growl

jeboa

494 posts

158 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
He is a great upholsterer, finished those of for me last year - and only lives round the corner - which was handy!

They are not the easiest seats to work with, and originally were white/blue. Thought it would be a good idea to have the 'whale tail'/centre console done at the same time.

The T350 seats fit, but are very close to the hood bolts. Bit of modification required to the seat rails to get them to match the original mounting positions.

Extremely comfortable to sit on, especially if you're over 6ft - I find they support all the way up to my shoulders.

Wasn't sure about the TVR stitching as it was his suggestion at the time, but I think it turned out okay.

Bluebottle

3,241 posts

137 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
jeboa said:
...Extremely comfortable to sit on, especially if you're over 6ft - I find they support all the way up to my shoulders...
extremely comfortable when you are 5'8" (in the morning wink ) also smile they do elivate you an inch or so over the stds seats...which is fine by me being a short arse, but not if you are over 6' as you will bash ya bonce on the targa panel...i do with a crash helmet on. very good lumba support over the std seats which are quite frankly Pants!

jeboa

494 posts

158 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
I'm 6'2" and haven't bashed the bonce yet! I guess with a helmet on, you might have a problem, but the bottom cushion is removable too which gets you a bit lower in the seat (also providing a bit more support as you're deeper in the seat).

Barreti

6,247 posts

134 months

Friday 7th September 2012
quotequote all
Cerb seats fit, but they make you sit a couple of inches taller. They are brilliant seats, but not cheap - well, they are TVR after all!!!

I have a document iwhere i wrote this all up somewhere!, I'll see if I can find it.

Tom The Cat

173 posts

54 months

Friday 7th September 2012
quotequote all
Hi Steve

look at these Pic's


2.



3.



Cheers Tom

cossers

898 posts

37 months

Friday 7th September 2012
quotequote all
jeboa said:
He is a great upholsterer, finished those of for me last year - and only lives round the corner - which was handy!

They are not the easiest seats to work with, and originally were white/blue. Thought it would be a good idea to have the 'whale tail'/centre console done at the same time.

The T350 seats fit, but are very close to the hood bolts. Bit of modification required to the seat rails to get them to match the original mounting positions.

Extremely comfortable to sit on, especially if you're over 6ft - I find they support all the way up to my shoulders.

Wasn't sure about the TVR stitching as it was his suggestion at the time, but I think it turned out okay.
pics pics pics pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! pleassssssssssssseeeeeeee

jeboa

494 posts

158 months

Saturday 22nd September 2012
quotequote all
Eventually got round to taking some pics (thought that getting the new engine in, and the car through it's MOT should take priority!!)












7 TVR

2,522 posts

65 months

Saturday 22nd September 2012
quotequote all
MX 5 seats, not the best photo but gives you the idea!


haircutmike

12,476 posts

101 months

Saturday 22nd September 2012
quotequote all
You on the sauce Christian, they're Lotus!

I'm watching you smile.

7 TVR

2,522 posts

65 months

Saturday 22nd September 2012
quotequote all
haircutmike said:
You on the sauce Christian, they're Lotus!

I'm watching you smile.
Peter i told the wife it was the pink tabs in the morning!!!

SSPPGG

2,095 posts

99 months

Saturday 22nd September 2012
quotequote all
ive the same"mx5 seats'" in mine thou untrimmed

cossers

898 posts

37 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
jeboa said:
Eventually got round to taking some pics (thought that getting the new engine in, and the car through it's MOT should take priority!!)
lovely! love that interior, the guy that trimmed it uses it on his website, looks like a top quality job! BTW what engine did you put in?? rebuild??

jeboa

494 posts

158 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Bought a 4.6 later (serpentine) from Alex (alexdaredevilz). Got it working with my MS2 pretty well so far, need a RR session to get it 100%, although it did pretty well against an Evo yesterday afternoon. smokin

panic

807 posts

180 months

Monday 24th September 2012
quotequote all


Sparco ''Revs'' will fit streight in...

Wildfire

8,586 posts

149 months

Monday 24th September 2012
quotequote all
Aren't those Elise Seats rather than MX-5 seats?

haircutmike

12,476 posts

101 months

Monday 24th September 2012
quotequote all
Think he was joking as Christian posted MX5 wrongly, catch up!