PistonHeads.com Forum

Celeb(s) wanted

Author
Discussion

KevF

Original Poster:

1,818 posts

103 months

Friday 7th September 2012
quotequote all

Evening guys,

I have been tasked to see if I can source one or two celebs to either drive or be passengered around Snetterton at the Charity Race Experience on Sunday 18th November.

So far we have got Martin Donnelly (ex Lotus F1 driver), Shawn Hollamby (current AMD Golf BTCC driver) Tony Gilham (current BTCC driver) Carl Breeze (Ginetta GT series driver) and Steve The Baron Gill (Amputee ex soldier and Big Brother 10 housemate).

If anyone has any contact or links that may help us gain more household names, please can you pm me. It's for a great children's charity and looks to be a fantastic day.

Many thanks

Kev

Shortie123

125 posts

88 months

Thursday 13th September 2012
quotequote all
I can and will make Rob Huff (WTCC driver and world title front runner) aware of the request and point him in this direction, specially as Snetty is his home circuit.

The Wookie

10,634 posts

133 months

Tuesday 18th September 2012
quotequote all
Didn't realise Shaun had signed up for it!!!

Dunno about household name, but I'll do it if you need me!

markCSC

2,953 posts

120 months

Tuesday 18th September 2012
quotequote all
Only if you bring Han Solo wink

Kev, in case you didn't know, Oli is a BTCC driver and 9ft tall wink

KevF

Original Poster:

1,818 posts

103 months

Tuesday 18th September 2012
quotequote all

Shortie, Robb is in Macau for the WTCC on the day of the event. Already had him and James Nash ready to sign up then apologise when the dates were mentioned.

Oli, if you want to come along mate then pop onto the website and sign up. We'll sort it out. Will you be able to bring a 'suitable' car hehe
Advertisement

trixical

700 posts

80 months

Tuesday 18th September 2012
quotequote all
Kev, get them signed up for next year (race calendar dependant obviously)
Another one to try is Jake Humphrey, yes I know it is the (USA) Austin grand prix that weekend but hes not been doing all the long distance races that the BBC aren't covering live... & if he can't do this year i'm sure he would be very interested in helping out next year if hes available. Hes local, very personable, big on charity and family & loves his cars (hes done a round in the Elise trophy before)

S

The Wookie

10,634 posts

133 months

Wednesday 19th September 2012
quotequote all
KevF said:
Shortie, Robb is in Macau for the WTCC on the day of the event. Already had him and James Nash ready to sign up then apologise when the dates were mentioned.

Oli, if you want to come along mate then pop onto the website and sign up. We'll sort it out. Will you be able to bring a 'suitable' car hehe
I'm sure I can manage something interesting, my backup plan would be terrifying people in a Caterham C400 though!

KevF

Original Poster:

1,818 posts

103 months

Wednesday 19th September 2012
quotequote all
trixical said:
Kev, get them signed up for next year (race calendar dependant obviously)
Another one to try is Jake Humphrey, yes I know it is the (USA) Austin grand prix that weekend but hes not been doing all the long distance races that the BBC aren't covering live... & if he can't do this year i'm sure he would be very interested in helping out next year if hes available. Hes local, very personable, big on charity and family & loves his cars (hes done a round in the Elise trophy before)

S
Have tried JH but got a no due to the obvious. He is leaving F1 this year and going to footie due to the arrival of a baby JH so might be better placed for 2013's event.

We have Shawn Hollamby bringing his AmD Tuning BTCC VW golf along and also his Mustang too.

Olli, get registering buddy and we can sort out a motor later wink Matt Becker is alos driving and bringing an Elise/Exige but we need to find someone to sponsor his fuel (Pirelli sponsoring the tyres) as Lotus have no dosh.....hehe

Kev

The Wookie

10,634 posts

133 months

Wednesday 19th September 2012
quotequote all
KevF said:
Have tried JH but got a no due to the obvious. He is leaving F1 this year and going to footie due to the arrival of a baby JH so might be better placed for 2013's event.

We have Shawn Hollamby bringing his AmD Tuning BTCC VW golf along and also his Mustang too.

Olli, get registering buddy and we can sort out a motor later wink Matt Becker is alos driving and bringing an Elise/Exige but we need to find someone to sponsor his fuel (Pirelli sponsoring the tyres) as Lotus have no dosh.....hehe

Kev
Cool, well if Shaun is bringing two cars along maybe we'll end up with me in the Golf and him in his Mustang or vice versa!!

How do I register??

GTIR

24,741 posts

171 months

Wednesday 19th September 2012
quotequote all
Have you tried Jason Plato?

I know what dry cleaners he uses if you need to track him down.

The Wookie

10,634 posts

133 months

Wednesday 19th September 2012
quotequote all
GTIR said:
Have you tried Jason Plato?

I know what dry cleaners he uses if you need to track him down.
hehe

KevF

Original Poster:

1,818 posts

103 months

Wednesday 19th September 2012
quotequote all
The Wookie said:
Cool, well if Shaun is bringing two cars along maybe we'll end up with me in the Golf and him in his Mustang or vice versa!!

How do I register??
Mate go to the website and fill in the online form...here is the link

http://www.charityraceexperience.com/drivers/

Once the system has the form, you'll get an automated reply and then your name will appear on the drivers attending list hopefully if you get in winkhehe

Put down a car that you could bring but if Shaun is cool with you driving one of his then we can change it no problems.

Many thanks bud

Kev


The Wookie

10,634 posts

133 months

Thursday 20th September 2012
quotequote all
Done

GreigR

676 posts

111 months

Thursday 27th September 2012
quotequote all
Hi Kev,

I have a friend that races in the ALMS who's available to help.


UnluckyTimmeh

2,874 posts

118 months

Saturday 29th September 2012
quotequote all
GreigR said:
Hi Kev,

I have a friend that races in the ALMS who's available to help.
rofl

Have you spoken to Classic Team Lotus Kev? I'm sure if Clive and the team aren't doing anything that weekend they may be able to at the very least bring a display along?