Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 49 50
52 53 ... 499 500
TOPIC CLOSED
Author Discussion

UF

7,018 posts

71 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Smart Mart said:
GLENRED said:
rolleyes
Be fair, Glen, Suarez's diving IS a disgrace. Even neutral fans can see it.

And sadly, Gareth Bale is beginning to get a reputation for throwing himself to the ground too easily as well. Although this weekend's incidents were both equally trying to win a foul, Suarez's was exacerbated by the fact he actually looked up and begged for a penalty whereas Bale lay there like he'd been shot.

As a caveat so that you know I'm not completely one eyed about the little Uruguayan cheat, the stamp by Huth on him should be punished firmly and having seen a couple of other strong challenges by Huth, Liverpool can be aggrieved that they didn't play against ten men yesterday.
rolleyes

Smart Mart

5,801 posts

103 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
UF said:
rolleyes
Don't be shy, UF, offer up your opinion!!

2seas

3,674 posts

71 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Smart Mart said:
UF said:
rolleyes
Don't be shy, UF, offer up your opinion!!
Name a team that doesn't have a player which has taken a dive?? I bet there's at least one in the team you support..

My issue with all this nonsense is sanctimoniousness fans from other teams who feel the need to bleat about Suarez taking a dive yet make no mention of the player(s) in their own team who have done and will do similar. By all means raise the issue of diving in football and discuss it in general terms. It's a disgrace and I hate to see it.

And just for the record, as a liverpool fan I'm embarrassed that Suarez took a dive. Considering the numerous amount of legitimate penalties he's been screwed out of this hasn't done any favors. I hope BR has a word.

Oh and just to finalise the rant (nd apologies for being tangential), Tony Pulis can fk right off. I can't believe he has the nerve to talk about Suarez taking a dive with the amount of horrendous tackles he's willing to overlook. I've never heard of a diving ending someone's career. I though BR made a good point this week: "there's no right way to play football". It made me think twice about constantly slagging Stoke off about their 'anti-football' due to their long ball style. I accept it's wrong of me to judge - they play to their strengths and they're doing a decent job of it. There is however a 'wrong way' - and that's Stoke's approach of kicking the st out of people and 'professional fouls'. Why is a 'professional foul' any better than a dive? They're equally despicable. And Stoke rack up a number of 'professional fouls' every game.

Deep breath required.

Smart Mart

5,801 posts

103 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
2seas said:
Name a team that doesn't have a player which has taken a dive?? I bet there's at least one in the team you support..

My issue with all this nonsense is sanctimoniousness fans from other teams who feel the need to bleat about Suarez taking a dive yet make no mention of the player(s) in their own team who have done and will do similar. By all means raise the issue of diving in football and discuss it in general terms. It's a disgrace and I hate to see it.

And just for the record, as a liverpool fan I'm embarrassed that Suarez took a dive. Considering the numerous amount of legitimate penalties he's been screwed out of this hasn't done any favors. I hope BR has a word.

Oh and just to finalise the rant (nd apologies for being tangential), Tony Pulis can fk right off. I can't believe he has the nerve to talk about Suarez taking a dive with the amount of horrendous tackles he's willing to overlook. I've never heard of a diving ending someone's career. I though BR made a good point this week: "there's no right way to play football". It made me think twice about constantly slagging Stoke off about their 'anti-football' due to their long ball style. I accept it's wrong of me to judge - they play to their strengths and they're doing a decent job of it. There is however a 'wrong way' - and that's Stoke's approach of kicking the st out of people and 'professional fouls'. Why is a 'professional foul' any better than a dive? They're equally despicable. And Stoke rack up a number of 'professional fouls' every game.

Deep breath required.
Thank you, that's better than a simple rolleyes

Yes, I've got a player that goes down too easily in my team, a player called Keanu Marsh-Brown. He did it on Saturday way out on the touchline (he's a winger btw) and I shouted "Get up!" at him (if I hadn't had my kids with me, it would have been much stronger). I hate diving of any sort from any team and others have said it should be treated as cheating... and they're completely right. No point in me mentioning his name to you really as you're unlikely to ever see him play but there you go.

And I mention it on this thread because he's a Liverpool player and this is the Liverpool thread. I will go over to the Tottenham thread and mention Bale's dive on there if it makes you feel better.

Regarding your rant on Stoke, I'd agree with nearly all of it. They played us in pre-season and I saw up close just how niggly and horrible they can be. To name just one, I can't believe Ryan Shawcross got away with a lot of what I saw; he must have been guilty of three or four yellow card offences. And BR is correct about saying there is no right way of playing football in a certain way; it doesn't say that you have to spray it about like Barca to succeed.

London424

5,792 posts

63 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
2seas said:
Smart Mart said:
UF said:
rolleyes
Don't be shy, UF, offer up your opinion!!
Name a team that doesn't have a player which has taken a dive?? I bet there's at least one in the team you support..

My issue with all this nonsense is sanctimoniousness fans from other teams who feel the need to bleat about Suarez taking a dive yet make no mention of the player(s) in their own team who have done and will do similar. By all means raise the issue of diving in football and discuss it in general terms. It's a disgrace and I hate to see it.

And just for the record, as a liverpool fan I'm embarrassed that Suarez took a dive. Considering the numerous amount of legitimate penalties he's been screwed out of this hasn't done any favors. I hope BR has a word.

Oh and just to finalise the rant (nd apologies for being tangential), Tony Pulis can fk right off. I can't believe he has the nerve to talk about Suarez taking a dive with the amount of horrendous tackles he's willing to overlook. I've never heard of a diving ending someone's career. I though BR made a good point this week: "there's no right way to play football". It made me think twice about constantly slagging Stoke off about their 'anti-football' due to their long ball style. I accept it's wrong of me to judge - they play to their strengths and they're doing a decent job of it. There is however a 'wrong way' - and that's Stoke's approach of kicking the st out of people and 'professional fouls'. Why is a 'professional foul' any better than a dive? They're equally despicable. And Stoke rack up a number of 'professional fouls' every game.

Deep breath required.
If you don't like 'professional fouls' I don't think you should bother watching the game then. I would guess there are at least 2 of those that happen in every game.

You know the one where a team suddenly break and the player knows if the opposition goes past him his team are in a world of trouble. Out goes the leg, or steps across his line and picks up the cursory yellow card.

As for Stoke, they do what they do. Nothing against the rules or the spirit of the game or any of that crap. It's just awful to watch.

Advertisement

hornetrider

49,880 posts

93 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Smart Mart said:
And I mention it on this thread because he's a Liverpool player and this is the Liverpool thread. I will go over to the Tottenham thread and mention Bale's dive on there if it makes you feel better.
If you could be so kind, that would be much appreciated. You don't seem to have found your way over there yet though, would you like a link?

We can't have both mods putting the boot into Liverpool and Liverpool alone now can we. Too much ying, not enough yang. People will talk...

wink

Smart Mart

5,801 posts

103 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
hornetrider said:
If you could be so kind, that would be much appreciated. You don't seem to have found your way over there yet though, would you like a link?
To the Spurs thread? Nah, you're fine thanks. I've posted six times on their thread and six times on yours according to the latest figures so I'm obviously being even handed.

But knowing how you abhor injustice, I'll go and post there now so that it's seven each.

hehe

jammy_basturd

11,595 posts

100 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
I'm running out of patience with Suarez. If he was banging in the goals, as a rose-tinted fan I could probably over look the odd dive as a downside to his colourful character (no racist jokes please). But he's not even doing that. Personally I think diving is as much cheating as clipping someone's heels as they sprint away. I'd love for the FA to be able to look at dives after matches and award bans. If Suarez got a ban or two for his ridiculous dives then he'd maybe stop doing them so often, stay on his feet and heaven knows actually score a goal or two.

As others have said though, this frustration is shared amongst several players throughout the PL.

Ironically, I'm kind of glad Stoke didn't have a player sent off yesterday - they would have just shut up shop, been even harder to break down and we would have had even less chances on goal!

Trophybloo

1,107 posts

75 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
2seas said:
Name a team that doesn't have a player which has taken a dive?? I bet there's at least one in the team you support..

My issue with all this nonsense is sanctimoniousness fans from other teams who feel the need to bleat about Suarez taking a dive yet make no mention of the player(s) in their own team who have done and will do similar. By all means raise the issue of diving in football and discuss it in general terms. It's a disgrace and I hate to see it.

And just for the record, as a liverpool fan I'm embarrassed that Suarez took a dive. Considering the numerous amount of legitimate penalties he's been screwed out of this hasn't done any favors. I hope BR has a word.

Oh and just to finalise the rant (nd apologies for being tangential), Tony Pulis can fk right off. I can't believe he has the nerve to talk about Suarez taking a dive with the amount of horrendous tackles he's willing to overlook. I've never heard of a diving ending someone's career. .
Ok, name an Arsenal player who feigns upendedness! Theo once attempted it and was so crap and self-conscious he immediately apologised to the ref. Gervinho famously was fouled, then man-handled
by Barton who was impartially accusing 'Predator' of a dive - Gerviho getting sent off for taking exception to his treatment. Nope the days of slippery Bobby Pires are very much a thing of the past. As for England's new CB call-up - he wouldn't play dirty 'he's not that king of a lad!'

North West Tom

10,034 posts

65 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all

mickk

16,029 posts

130 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
laugh



curlie467

4,493 posts

89 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Excellent!

2seas

3,674 posts

71 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Trophybloo said:
2seas said:
Name a team that doesn't have a player which has taken a dive?? I bet there's at least one in the team you support..

My issue with all this nonsense is sanctimoniousness fans from other teams who feel the need to bleat about Suarez taking a dive yet make no mention of the player(s) in their own team who have done and will do similar. By all means raise the issue of diving in football and discuss it in general terms. It's a disgrace and I hate to see it.

And just for the record, as a liverpool fan I'm embarrassed that Suarez took a dive. Considering the numerous amount of legitimate penalties he's been screwed out of this hasn't done any favors. I hope BR has a word.

Oh and just to finalise the rant (nd apologies for being tangential), Tony Pulis can fk right off. I can't believe he has the nerve to talk about Suarez taking a dive with the amount of horrendous tackles he's willing to overlook. I've never heard of a diving ending someone's career. .
Ok, name an Arsenal player who feigns upendedness! Theo once attempted it and was so crap and self-conscious he immediately apologised to the ref. Gervinho famously was fouled, then man-handled
by Barton who was impartially accusing 'Predator' of a dive - Gerviho getting sent off for taking exception to his treatment. Nope the days of slippery Bobby Pires are very much a thing of the past. As for England's new CB call-up - he wouldn't play dirty 'he's not that king of a lad!'
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6T1uFc_0GQ

that took me about 2 mins.

GTO-3R

2,640 posts

101 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
I was just going to post the exact same clip. It's a disgrace and until bans, cards, fines etc are handed out it won't stop. Every team is at it so there is no need for anyone on here to get all high n mighty about it!!

UF

7,018 posts

71 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all

Under 21s on at 19:00



They take on Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium.

Booey

7,573 posts

68 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
That Suarez dive was disgraceful. It's almost as if his default reaction to falling over now is over reacting. Not the first time I have seen one like that from him. I think the only way these players will learn is by handing down bans which get progressively more severe the more regularly you dive.

UF

7,018 posts

71 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Morgan and Pachecco link up well, Morgan rounds the keeper to finish with his left foot (44mins). 0-1 at half time.

UF

7,018 posts

71 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
We won one nil.

GTO-3R

2,640 posts

101 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
UF said:
We won one nil.
woohoo

UF

7,018 posts

71 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Smart Mart said:
hornetrider said:
If you could be so kind, that would be much appreciated. You don't seem to have found your way over there yet though, would you like a link?
To the Spurs thread? Nah, you're fine thanks. I've posted six times on their thread and six times on yours according to the latest figures so I'm obviously being even handed.

But knowing how you abhor injustice, I'll go and post there now so that it's seven each.

hehe
You have mail.


1 2 ... 49 50
52 53 ... 499 500
TOPIC CLOSED