PistonHeads.com Forum

Skyfall Theme Music

Author
Discussion

telecat

Original Poster:

7,715 posts

150 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
I know Adele is the current darling of the Music scene but if the 30 sec clip on the BBC is the new theme it's a bit "limp".

Halmyre

4,077 posts

48 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
telecat said:
I know Adele is the current darling of the Music scene but if the 30 sec clip on the BBC is the new theme it's a bit "limp".
Don't you know a kitten dies every time you say something nasty about Adele?

cerbfan

929 posts

136 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Halmyre said:
telecat said:
I know Adele is the current darling of the Music scene but if the 30 sec clip on the BBC is the new theme it's a bit "limp".
Don't you know a kitten dies every time you say something nasty about Adele?
I thought that only happened every time a woman masturbated??

www.killingkittens.com/Home.php

FourWheelDrift

68,677 posts

193 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
BBC said:
Chris Cornell's gritty You Know My Name, from Casino Royale, was described as "unexpectedly dull" and "forgettable"
I liked that one, fitted very well with the start of the Craig run and the stylised casino visuals of the intro complimented it. It was seeing and hearing the intro on youtube that made me go and see the film in the cinema.


Skyfall, need to hear it in full and see how it works with the visuals.

MiniMan64

10,748 posts

99 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Link me?

Is it just a clip or the full song that's been leaked?

If its just a clip I think I'll wait, edits can change any song and a song like this I think I'd rather hear in full.
Advertisement

FloppyRaccoon

1,916 posts

75 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
MiniMan64 said:
Link me?

Is it just a clip or the full song that's been leaked?

If its just a clip I think I'll wait, edits can change any song and a song like this I think I'd rather hear in full.
You can hear a 90 second clip for now. Not sure why the BBC only have 30 seconds.

http://www.justjared.com/2012/10/01/adele-skyfall-...

I like it.

eltawater

904 posts

88 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
It's a damned sight better than the crock of st released by Jack White and Alicia Keys for Quantum of Solace.

MiniMan64

10,748 posts

99 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
FloppyRaccoon said:
You can hear a 90 second clip for now. Not sure why the BBC only have 30 seconds.

http://www.justjared.com/2012/10/01/adele-skyfall-...

I like it.
On the iPhone so that probably won't work. Will have to be patient.

dave stew

1,502 posts

76 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
eltawater said:
It's a damned sight better than the crock of st released by Jack White and Alicia Keys for Quantum of Solace.
I quite liked that. The worst Bond song ever was that psycho runt Madonna's shocker Die Another Day...

Silverbullet767

9,147 posts

115 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
I think Supremacy by Muse would be a much better choice.

Listen here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/sep...

m444ttb

2,601 posts

138 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
I've only had the most brief listen to it but my first impression was that it felt a little 'generic'. Not sure if that's good or bad. The last films theme was rubbish but Chris Cornell's theme was very good IMO.

bennyboydurham

1,553 posts

83 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
007 themes have been turds since Gladys Knight did 'Licence To Kill'. Goldeneye by Tina Turner wasn't too bad but since then we had waily crap by Sheryl Crow and literally Garbage and both the DC Bond themes barely troubled the airplay charts. Adele's presence will help but I can't see this one being any more memorable.

pat_y

992 posts

110 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
eltawater said:
It's a damned sight better than the crock of st released by Jack White and Alicia Keys for Quantum of Solace.
agreed, this was the most painful, out of tune, out of time peice of shat ever to have graced a bond movie. By quite a margin.

Tycho

9,264 posts

182 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
m444ttb said:
I've only had the most brief listen to it but my first impression was that it felt a little 'generic'. Not sure if that's good or bad. The last films theme was rubbish but Chris Cornell's theme was very good IMO.
I really liked Chris Cornells theme, and as you said, this does seem a bit meh.

SWoll

5,942 posts

167 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
pat_y said:
eltawater said:
It's a damned sight better than the crock of st released by Jack White and Alicia Keys for Quantum of Solace.
agreed, this was the most painful, out of tune, out of time peice of shat ever to have graced a bond movie. By quite a margin.
Funny, I liked both DC themes and thought QA's theme was one of the best things about a very average movie.

I am a big White Stripes fan though. smile

Pesty

36,021 posts

165 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
FourWheelDrift said:
BBC said:
Chris Cornell's gritty You Know My Name, from Casino Royale, was described as "unexpectedly dull" and "forgettable"
I liked that one, fitted very well with the start of the Craig run and the stylised casino visuals of the intro complimented it. It was seeing and hearing the intro on youtube that made me go and see the film in the cinema.


Skyfall, need to hear it in full and see how it works with the visuals.
I agree

Also love this adele song. very classy and very 'bond'

Fishtigua

9,786 posts

104 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Pesty said:
I agree

Also love this adele song. very classy and very 'bond'
I hope there are some 'fireworks' at the end or it could be a bit ballady-bland.

SWoll

5,942 posts

167 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Fishtigua said:
Pesty said:
I agree

Also love this adele song. very classy and very 'bond'
I hope there are some 'fireworks' at the end or it could be a bit ballady-bland.
Sounds OK, although the constant repetition of "Skyfall" from 1-1:30 does feel a little forced. Kind of prefer the modern Bond theme method of not having to crowbar in the film title.

Probably just me though. smile

telecat

Original Poster:

7,715 posts

150 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
The Skyfall bit is a little "Vic Reeves" lounge singer skit for me.

Crossflow Kid

9,606 posts

100 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
m444ttb said:
The last films theme was rubbish but Chris Cornell's theme was very good IMO.
It had a theme? All I heard was some Yank bird screaming.