Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 5 6
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

ringram

Original Poster:

14,342 posts

136 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
As per this thread http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...

Who is interested?

Im happy to organise accommodation, but need numbers and commitment. Will probably look to book something by late october.

My plan will be to drive from London, take the channel tunnel and up from Calais.
You can save £50 or more on the ferry, but it takes hours longer.

We could meet at a set time in Calais and perhaps pick up wayward members floating across the channel at the various points along the way.

Its around 1200 miles each way. I figure you will need a week off at least. Options to add side tours are on the cards etc.
Anyway the main point is to sort out some accommodation in the area. Getting to and from is secondary at present.

So perhaps this can be stickied.

Im not sure what car to take yet, will decide closer to the time.


Cv8gto

410 posts

61 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Just make sure you pickup the beer in Germany. I have been 2 years running it is simply awesome. So living in Swed I am in.

gsd2000

11,268 posts

71 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
me

ringram

Original Poster:

14,342 posts

136 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Cv8gto said:
Just make sure you pickup the beer in Germany. I have been 2 years running it is simply awesome. So living in Swed I am in.
Dont you like UK ales wink

Cv8gto

410 posts

61 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'm not racist i luv all beer, not really a fan of the Swedish state run alcohol shop and there prices, and forget it if you want to buy beer after 1 oclock on Saturday.
Advertisement

stick100

7,017 posts

56 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Iam up for this let me know prices and when I've got to pay

richie slow

6,848 posts

52 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'd like to do this but wifey has my bks in a vice at moment so I'm being as meek as possible wink

stick100

7,017 posts

56 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
richie slow said:
I'd like to do this but wifey has my bks in a vice at moment so I'm being as meek as possible wink
That makes you the wife and her the husband laugh

007 VXR

61,806 posts

75 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Cv8gto said:
I'm not racist i luv all beer, not really a fan of the Swedish state run alcohol shop and there prices, and forget it if you want to buy beer after 1 oclock on Saturday.
May be a problem for me then laugh
Would love to do this, but not easy with 003.5 frown

lee st

4,991 posts

53 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
stick100 said:
richie slow said:
I'd like to do this but wifey has my bks in a vice at moment so I'm being as meek as possible wink
That makes you the wife and her the husband laugh
rofl so you can give in and let yourself go

ringram

Original Poster:

14,342 posts

136 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Probably 4 tanks each way. Give or take. £700 in petrol. Plus £100 for the channel.
Another £200 in spending money for food. Plus budget accommodation on the way to/from.
Say £500 accommodation. So my rough estimate is £1500.

Accommodation shouldn't be too bad. Ill do some R&D and get some indicative pricing.
Im sure people can share to cut costs etc.

pah250

2,483 posts

43 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'd like to tag along to this please.

Being up north I'm toying with the thought of taking the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam to then catch up with you guys on the way up through Germany somewhere.

lee st

4,991 posts

53 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
This could be Rotterdam or anywhere
Liverpool or Rome
'Cause Rotterdam is anywhere
Anywhere alone
Anywhere alone

pah250

2,483 posts

43 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Where's the musical smiley emoticon when we need it??

MyM8V8

8,460 posts

83 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
007 VXR said:
May be a problem for me then laugh
Would love to do this, but not easy with 003.5 frown
Why not he was ok at LM?

Oh and I'm in!

007 VXR

61,806 posts

75 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
MyM8V8 said:
007 VXR said:
May be a problem for me then laugh
Would love to do this, but not easy with 003.5 frown
Why not he was ok at LM?
Hes now at full time school.

MyM8V8

8,460 posts

83 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
007 VXR said:
Hes now at full time school.
Ah. OK.

richie slow

6,848 posts

52 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
pah250 said:
Where's the musical smiley emoticon when we need it??
Here you go Paul....



Make sure you don't end up in Amsterdam instead..... hippy

I'd join you, but this is me at the moment...

pah250

2,483 posts

43 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
richie slow said:
Here you go Paul....



Make sure you don't end up in Amsterdam instead..... hippy

I'd join you, but this is me at the moment...
Shame you can't come fella. Plenty of time yet for things to change though.

richie slow

6,848 posts

52 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
pah250 said:
Shame you can't come fella. Plenty of time yet for things to change though.
Very true, time will tell. Looks like a trip of a lifetime, and it's only 1226 miles from here too thumbup That's only three tanks of fuel in the Calibra wink

2 3 ... 5 6
Reply to Topic