Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

v8will

Original Poster:

2,744 posts

80 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'm thinking of buying one of these for everyday use.

http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Casio-G+Shock-Chrono-...

Never having owned a G Shock or indeed a Casio, What's the opinion on these? Anyone got one or suggested alternatives.

Cheers in advance

Chicane-UK

3,439 posts

69 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
G-Shocks are pretty highly regarded as being good all round, durable, reliable digital watches. Can't go too far wrong with one.

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Lovely watches. There is an entire thread dedicated to them. I have 2 of them, and they have never let me down.

CardShark

2,613 posts

63 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I've the same model, bought mine a couple of years ago. Once threw it at a wall at work, it's still ticking.

They're all tough, just pick one that you like the look of. Atomic time keeping and solar power, which this one has, is pretty cool and something of a "must have" for a G IMO.

GALLARDOGUY

7,721 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I can't stand them...
Advertisement

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
GALLARDOGUY said:
I can't stand them...
You buy them, box them, and hide them away from the rest of humanity for their own good. You're a hero. hehe

TwigtheWonderkid

11,743 posts

34 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
CardShark said:
Once threw it at a wall at work, it's still ticking.


That's a bit worrying for a quartz watch. hehe

I love Casio, although I'm a Protrek man rather than G Shock. You could get a nice Protrek for £250, check them out.

GALLARDOGUY

7,721 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
TheHeretic said:
GALLARDOGUY said:
I can't stand them...
You buy them, box them, and hide them away from the rest of humanity for their own good. You're a hero. hehe
I'm going to buy Everton next and do the same... wink


TheHeretic

73,668 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
GALLARDOGUY said:
I'm going to buy Everton next and do the same... wink
You are, at this moment, receiving a Paddington Bear 'long hard stare' from afar.
grumpy

GALLARDOGUY

7,721 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all


I'm stting it!

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Yeah, you'd better be.

GALLARDOGUY

7,721 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Paddington

Paddington

Paddington

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
That's OK, he ain't staring at me. Anyway, I like Paddington. My dad used to read Paddington to me when I was little. Paddington is awesome.

Anyway, back to the OP. go for any G-shock, you will no be disappointed.

GALLARDOGUY

7,721 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Said it 3 times and the only thing to appear was you! frown

OP you can't really go wrong with a G.

Have a look at the main thread for inspiration.

v8will

Original Poster:

2,744 posts

80 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
GALLARDOGUY said:
Said it 3 times and the only thing to appear was you! frown

OP you can't really go wrong with a G.

Have a look at the main thread for inspiration.
Cheers, will do.

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
GALLARDOGUY said:
Said it 3 times and the only thing to appear was you! frown

OP you can't really go wrong with a G.

Have a look at the main thread for inspiration.
I am Paddington.

Eighteeteewhy

6,897 posts

52 months

GALLARDOGUY

7,721 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
OP, by way of an apology for myself and paddington berk derailing the thread...

http://www.relojesdemoda.com/watch-casio-gshock-wa...

I've used them before and can vouch for them.

v8will

Original Poster:

2,744 posts

80 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
The wife has offered to buy me a watch so I've taken pity on her and gone for a cheaper GA-100 model which for daily use will be more than sufficient.

If I get on well with it I'll buy one from the aviator range at a later date.

Reading up on the G-Shock range, never realised there are so many available or how highly regarded they are.

Cheers everyone!

UF

7,018 posts

67 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
v8will said:
The wife has offered to buy me a watch so I've taken pity on her and gone for a cheaper GA-100 model which for daily use will be more than sufficient.

If I get on well with it I'll buy one from the aviator range at a later date.

Reading up on the G-Shock range, never realised there are so many available or how highly regarded they are.

Cheers everyone!
And so it begins hehe
2
Reply to Topic