Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

TIV400

Original Poster:

48 posts

110 months

RJDM3

1,441 posts

91 months

[news] 
Thursday 6th May 2010 quote quote all
$175,000 USD!! What planet is the seller on?!

Also his add is incorrect its not one of two, its one of 4 Tuscan, travolta has 1, this ebay add one and 2 others that i know off and 1 Sagaris

jpf

1,139 posts

162 months

[news] 
Thursday 6th May 2010 quote quote all
I wonder if they will waive the $299 dealers fee.

Can't open the engine???

Grady

710 posts

146 months

[news] 
Friday 7th May 2010 quote quote all
That didn't last long - listing has already been taken down.

dvs_dave

4,031 posts

111 months

[news] 
Tuesday 11th May 2010 quote quote all
How did they get it into the country? As a show vehicle is the only thing I can think of?
Advertisement

RJDM3

1,441 posts

91 months

[news] 
Tuesday 11th May 2010 quote quote all
Most likely brought in bits. Chassis, engine trans etc. I think the listing was in florida and if so you can get a title for a toaster there as they just dont care and have no emissions testing.

dvs_dave

4,031 posts

111 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th May 2010 quote quote all
So if it's so easy to bring them in via FL, why aren't there more TVRs in the US?

RJDM3

1,441 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 14th May 2010 quote quote all
dvs_dave said:
So if it's so easy to bring them in via FL, why aren't there more TVRs in the US?
Honestly not sure, there is interest out there, i think its down to the cost and having to buy from oversears sight unseen.


jpf

1,139 posts

162 months

[news] 
Friday 14th May 2010 quote quote all
Well, there is the problem of the $175,000 price tag. You can get the same performance--and a marginal interior--in a Corvette for $50,000. You can swing over to Porsche you can easily purchase a new Carrera for less than $100,000. Throw in the Viper in the $85,000 range, and the problem becomes the TVR is great to look at, has a fabulous interior but is way overpriced. They need to price it between the Carrera and Cayman and they could actually sell in a reasonable volume. It wouldn't hurt to have a dealer network, either...

RJDM3

1,441 posts

91 months

[news] 
Sunday 16th May 2010 quote quote all
jpf said:
Well, there is the problem of the $175,000 price tag. You can get the same performance--and a marginal interior--in a Corvette for $50,000. You can swing over to Porsche you can easily purchase a new Carrera for less than $100,000. Throw in the Viper in the $85,000 range, and the problem becomes the TVR is great to look at, has a fabulous interior but is way overpriced. They need to price it between the Carrera and Cayman and they could actually sell in a reasonable volume. It wouldn't hurt to have a dealer network, either...
Impossible to build that cheap for a low volume manufacturer.

Its nigh on impossible to get dealers together in the usa as they have no confidence in its owner.

As much as i love tvr, i would rather have the vette

jpf

1,139 posts

162 months

[news] 
Wednesday 11th August 2010 quote quote all
If you go to Ebay, you will see the Tuscan is for sale again.

28 biders so far...

Let's see how long before they pull the listing again!

jpf

1,139 posts

162 months

[news] 
Tuesday 17th August 2010 quote quote all
Sold for $75,000.

Priced right.

Congrats to the buyer!

Rodimus

325 posts

50 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th August 2010 quote quote all
was this tuscan a left hand drive? i am searching for one in LHD or a sagaris LHD but i am told they are extremely rare.

RJDM3

1,441 posts

91 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th August 2010 quote quote all
There are very very few LHD Tuscan let alone Sagaris. Some in germany and some in belgium i believe..sure there will be others

so called

4,620 posts

95 months

[news] 
Sunday 3rd October 2010 quote quote all
This Italian web site usualy has info for left handers.

http://tvrblog.blogspot.com/

Rodimus

325 posts

50 months

[news] 
Sunday 3rd October 2010 quote quote all
so called said:
This Italian web site usualy has info for left handers.

http://tvrblog.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the link. Just saw the red one for sale and there is an orange one too. Going to call that dealership first thing tomorrow. A friend of mine in Bahrain bought a LHD sagaris thanks to this blog site
http://tvrblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/tvr-sagaris-le...


so called

4,620 posts

95 months

[news] 
Sunday 3rd October 2010 quote quote all
My pleasure. Hope it works out for you.
Tony.

RJDM3

1,441 posts

91 months

[news] 
Monday 11th October 2010 quote quote all
LHD Sagaris, T350 and Tuscan are available to order in the USA from www.redseadistribution.com

jeff m

3,866 posts

144 months

[news] 
Monday 11th October 2010 quote quote all
RJDM3 said:
LHD Sagaris, T350 and Tuscan are available to order in the USA from www.redseadistribution.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/redseadistribution.com

Car salesman in Nissan dealership in Fort Wayne, IN


Edited by jeff m on Monday 11th October 19:48

Slow M

1,989 posts

92 months

2
Reply to Topic