Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Greenwich Ross

Original Poster:

1,219 posts

53 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
Whilst lying on the sofa the other day contemplaying a rather indifferent hangover I chanced upon an eldery edition of Top Gear on Dave (where else) featuring, amongst other topics, a road test of the Marcos TSO. I think I may have seen this episode when it first came out and distinctly recall really liking this car!

So, a few years have passed and I was wondering whether anyone actually bought one and, if so, what's it like to live with?

Here's a old review http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/2046...

chevronb37

5,739 posts

66 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
Saw one at Le Mans Classic a few weeks ago in one of the campsites. Not that that really answers your question.

CraigW

12,218 posts

162 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
could be wrong but think Joust had one for a while, maybe check his posts.

Munter

24,852 posts

121 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
CraigW said:
could be wrong but think Joust had one for a while, maybe check his posts.
Yep Joust had one. I saw it in the flesh. I remember a lot of induction noise for some reason.

The Crack Fox

9,297 posts

72 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
I re-read that review myself very recently, rather appealing things, never actually seen one though frown
Advertisement

Podie

40,805 posts

155 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
Munter said:
CraigW said:
could be wrong but think Joust had one for a while, maybe check his posts.
Yep Joust had one. I saw it in the flesh. I remember a lot of induction noise for some reason.
Thought he had a TS500... didn't realise he had a TSO as well.

Someone on PH did buy one.

Munter

24,852 posts

121 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
Podie said:
Munter said:
CraigW said:
could be wrong but think Joust had one for a while, maybe check his posts.
Yep Joust had one. I saw it in the flesh. I remember a lot of induction noise for some reason.
Thought he had a TS500... didn't realise he had a TSO as well.

Someone on PH did buy one.
Ah now you mention it I may have got the 2 mixed up... boxedin

L100NYY

29,046 posts

123 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
Munter said:
Podie said:
Munter said:
CraigW said:
could be wrong but think Joust had one for a while, maybe check his posts.
Yep Joust had one. I saw it in the flesh. I remember a lot of induction noise for some reason.
Thought he had a TS500... didn't realise he had a TSO as well.

Someone on PH did buy one.
Ah now you mention it I may have got the 2 mixed up... boxedin
I thought he had a TSO?

Although according to this perhaps not ->

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/profile.asp?m...


I'm certain somebody on here had a TSO.

Edited by L100NYY on Monday 16th August 13:02

Greenwich Ross

Original Poster:

1,219 posts

53 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
This rather sounds like Marcos will soon be going out of business. Again.

Checked the classifieds; none there. Shame, really.

Podie

40,805 posts

155 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
Greenwich Ross said:
This rather sounds like Marcos will soon be going out of business. Again.

Checked the classifieds; none there. Shame, really.
Marcos went pop a while back. S

Greenwich Ross

Original Poster:

1,219 posts

53 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
Podie said:
Greenwich Ross said:
This rather sounds like Marcos will soon be going out of business. Again.

Checked the classifieds; none there. Shame, really.
Marcos went pop a while back. S
So it would seem http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyI...

Hmm, there's never a Russian billionaire handy when you need one... scratchchin

joust

14,604 posts

139 months

[news] 
Sunday 31st October 2010 quote quote all
Sorry - bit late on this one - I blame PH search not working.

I had the TS500. Lovely to look at, not a bad drive, but.... it went back with all my money refunded.

J

robsco

5,584 posts

56 months

[news] 
Sunday 31st October 2010 quote quote all
joust said:
Sorry - bit late on this one - I blame PH search not working.

I had the TS500. Lovely to look at, not a bad drive, but.... it went back with all my money refunded.

J
What happened Joust?

joust

14,604 posts

139 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
If it managed to drive 50 miles without something going wrong, it was a good day!

Gad-Westy

6,709 posts

93 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
A real shame. It had all the right ingredients to fill a void that TVR had moved themselves away from.

The Wookie

9,849 posts

108 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
Gad-Westy said:
A real shame. It had all the right ingredients to fill a void that TVR had moved themselves away from.
Including reliability from the sounds of it hehe

Sorry cheap shot, but it had to be done

tommobot

373 posts

87 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
I used to see a blue one on a regular basis, looked and sounded lovely. Never seen another one since though.

Max_Torque

6,886 posts

97 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
I worked at Prodrive during the time Marcos was in the unit next door, and tbh, some of the er, "bodging" that went on, wasn't exactly becoming for a £50k car....... ;-(

joust

14,604 posts

139 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd November 2010 quote quote all
tommobot said:
I used to see a blue one on a regular basis, looked and sounded lovely. Never seen another one since though.
If it was the TS500, then there was only ever my blue one that was produced.

joust

14,604 posts

139 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd November 2010 quote quote all
Max_Torque said:
I worked at Prodrive during the time Marcos was in the unit next door, and tbh, some of the er, "bodging" that went on, wasn't exactly becoming for a £50k car....... ;-(
The heat soak protection (which never worked) was something to behold. Especially when half of it fell off on the motorway!
2
Reply to Topic