Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 214 215
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Lax Power

Original Poster:

201 posts

135 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
Apologies if this has been done somewhere before but I thought it would be good to see what is out there and hopefully get the motivation going to get your classic out in the coming sunny months.

This is my lot (a bit of a mixed bag)








braddo

3,822 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
Nice Alfa wavey

Here's mine


Lax Power

Original Poster:

201 posts

135 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
That is beautiful.

jimmyjam

1,609 posts

99 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
Lovely mix there Laxpower.
I'm sure this thread has been done before but can't find it. Anyway, its a great idea. So in keeping with the Alfa theme...

And I think this will start to qualify as a classic if not already....

vixen1700

7,789 posts

150 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all


Hopefully out and about this weekend after getting through the MoT and having the radiator fixed. smile
Advertisement

jimmyjam

1,609 posts

99 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
That TVR is lovely.

braddo

3,822 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
Lax Power said:
That is beautiful.
I meant to add that your collection is very nice indeed! A fun mix of cars.

Liking the Merc (and the Alfa!), jimmyjam - have just sold a 190E myself and I'm a big fan of 80s Mercs. I find their overall quality so impressive.

Breadvan73

15,985 posts

43 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
The daily driver (I'm not kidding. I am insane):-



The country wagon (chatting up a Mini Cooper):-



The breadvan:-



Not pictured: Alfa Spider Veloce - in a shed and needing much love and/or cash.

Breadvan73

15,985 posts

43 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
This is cheating slightly, but it is a classic (1969 Beagle Pup 150). It shares a designer with the Lotus Europa.








rangie999

115 posts

53 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all


Needs a bit of use more than anything!!!

jimmyjam

1,609 posts

99 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
[quote=vixen1700]
quote]

This reminds me, I've been pondering over putting a roundel on my Alfa for some time, however its not really going to see much track action so I'm not sure if its right. I think it would look great against the green body but is this sad if its not a racer?

vixen1700

7,789 posts

150 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
jimmyjam said:
This reminds me, I've been pondering over putting a roundel on my Alfa for some time, however its not really going to see much track action so I'm not sure if its right. I think it would look great against the green body but is this sad if its not a racer?
Not sad at all. The roundals were on our car when we bought it as it had some kind of race/sprint history and we've just kept them ever since, it just wouldn't be the same without them to be honest. biggrin

jimmyjam

1,609 posts

99 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
Might look into getting some then. Anyone know where to start?

That colour is the best for early Range Rovers. Looks very purposeful beer

Moikey Fortune

1,562 posts

116 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
vixen1700 said:
jimmyjam said:
This reminds me, I've been pondering over putting a roundel on my Alfa for some time, however its not really going to see much track action so I'm not sure if its right. I think it would look great against the green body but is this sad if its not a racer?
Not sad at all. The roundals were on our car when we bought it as it had some kind of race/sprint history and we've just kept them ever since, it just wouldn't be the same without them to be honest. biggrin
I like 'em for the oldskool race look



vixen1700

7,789 posts

150 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
jimmyjam said:
Might look into getting some then. Anyone know where to start?
http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?pCode=0...

Here ya go. beer

jimmyjam

1,609 posts

99 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
Moikey Fortune said:
I like 'em for the oldskool race look


Thats look fantastic but its clearly a racer/ track toy and so it can get away with.

XXVIII

2,800 posts

94 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
... one of the very few remaining rhd, 'S' spec. cars left and I hope to drive the car more than 0,000 miles this year!!





for your reference, the car is a 1973 Lamborghini Jarama S - in the earliest spec. of the later cars, so without the softy-woofter power steering or blousy-faffy quieter exhaust pipes ... numbers of any relevance include '3,929cc DOHC V12', '6 x Weber twin choke carbs', '365 bhp', 'maybe one of the last few of 20 rhd cars of the 150 built', 'quite amusing 9-17 mpg', 'possibly 165 mph officer but not today' and 'one of Ferruccio Lamborghini's most preferred Lamborghini cars' ...

Does my 1999 Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24v count as a classic by any definition? One of the fastest cars on a bangs-per-buck rating anywhere imho and they polish up pretty good too!

Or does my 1994 Honda Civic DX qualify? You don't see 'em in anything like useable nick these days and with less than 50k on the clock, there's lots of easy, reliable driving still in the car!
biggrin

jimmyjam

1,609 posts

99 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
vixen1700 said:
£1.95!! I can't go wrong, perfect!

RichB

28,089 posts

164 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
OK here you go...







And as we are allowed to cheat wink

My 1962 ASK 6CR at Booker




Edited by RichB on Friday 18th February 12:27

Moikey Fortune

1,562 posts

116 months

[news] 
Friday 18th February 2011 quote quote all
jimmyjam said:
Moikey Fortune said:
I like 'em for the oldskool race look


Thats look fantastic but its clearly a racer/ track toy and so it can get away with.
It's pretty much stripped out but is road legal and too loud for many tracks..ooops! ears


2 3 ... 214 215
Reply to Topic