Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

ChunkyloverSV

Original Poster:

1,000 posts

78 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all

Anyone know? I bought my car from an ex, they never registered the car in my name and refuse to get me a logbook. I'm tempted to just dump the car somewhere if there is no way to get rid of it.


Thanks

StottyZr

5,172 posts

49 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all
Did you get the new owners slip part of the V5?

iva cosworth

14,794 posts

49 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all
There must be less reputable scrappies who will take it without V5

ChunkyloverSV

Original Poster:

1,000 posts

78 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all
StottyZr said:
Did you get the new owners slip part of the V5?
I have nothing. I'm afraid just looking for some advice

StottyZr

5,172 posts

49 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all
Scrap it. I can't see it being too difficult, as long as you paid for the car you are the legal owner v5 or not smile

Oh yeh, and in the future make sure you get the new owners slip!
Advertisement

Jimmyarm

1,103 posts

64 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all

Find a ''.

Your local independant will have several that go around to buy cats etc, most of them will take cars without a V5.

bluebear

604 posts

40 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all
Just right a letter to DVLA explaining its scrapped. done this myself a few times. you get a letter back in a couple of weeks telling system is now updated

iva cosworth

14,794 posts

49 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all
bluebear said:
Just right a letter to DVLA explaining its scrapped. done this myself a few times. you get a letter back in a couple of weeks telling system is now updated
I would not bother with that.

DVLA have no record of OP owning the car,so that ^^^^ will only confuse matters confused

bluebear

604 posts

40 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all
oh ! my dumb ass never read the OP's post right. F*@k it just run up some parking tickets and ditch it. deny all knowledge of it. its not what you know, its what you can prove.

snowdude2910

660 posts

50 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 quote quote all
drop the engine out and scrap it you only need a logbook to scrap it if it has an engine in it (not sure about if the engine is in the boot)
The problem i have to save making a new thread I gave away a shell of a car i stripped but now I don't know what to do with the logbook I could have swore there was a box that said only tick here if you have dismantled the car yourself but now can't find it anyone have any ideas while we're on the subject.
ps what car is it if it is mot'd I'd have it off you apply for logbook and weigh it in myself

B'stard Child

7,262 posts

132 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd August 2011 quote quote all
snowdude2910 said:
drop the engine out and scrap it you only need a logbook to scrap it if it has an engine in it (not sure about if the engine is in the boot)
The problem i have to save making a new thread I gave away a shell of a car i stripped but now I don't know what to do with the logbook I could have swore there was a box that said only tick here if you have dismantled the car yourself but now can't find it anyone have any ideas while we're on the subject.
ps what car is it if it is mot'd I'd have it off you apply for logbook and weigh it in myself
From a quick glance New log book doesn't have scrapped it myself option - old ones did

But he hasn't got a log book so that's sorted that

I weighed a car in a few years back and things were tightening up them - I'd already sent the log book back to DivyLA indicating it was scrapped as IU was fed up of SORN'ing a car that was a pile of parts some usefull some not so usefull - scrap dealer that I used to weigh it in just said as long as there are no ID tags, reg numbers etc it's just scrap metal so I removed them all and he was happy - still took me name and adress etc just in case wink

snowdude2910

660 posts

50 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd August 2011 quote quote all
I've still got a logbook though lol

B'stard Child

7,262 posts

132 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd August 2011 quote quote all
snowdude2910 said:
I've still got a logbook though lol
old old style,



Old style or



new version



And for the pedants yes I know there are old old old old old versions

snowdude2910

660 posts

50 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd August 2011 quote quote all
new style I'm sure there used to be a box to tick if you break it up yourself :s

B'stard Child

7,262 posts

132 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd August 2011 quote quote all
snowdude2910 said:
new style I'm sure there used to be a box to tick if you break it up yourself :s
Not any more - Old style and old old style had that.....

Fish981

869 posts

71 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th August 2011 quote quote all
And even if you send the old style V5 off with the 'Scrapped' box ticked they send it back asking for a 'Certificate of Destruction' from an approved dismantler.

To the OP, this http://www.removemycar.co.uk/faq.html would suggest it can be done.

S3_Graham

11,992 posts

85 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th August 2011 quote quote all
when i scrapped my car after i crashed it, i had lost the logbook.

The place took it and said bring your V5 along and we will stamp it for you after you get a new one.

I forgot to go back and i've never heard anything...

B'stard Child

7,262 posts

132 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th August 2011 quote quote all
Fish981 said:
And even if you send the old style V5 off with the 'Scrapped' box ticked they send it back asking for a 'Certificate of Destruction' from an approved dismantler.
They've never done that to me and I've scrapped a few

Fish981

869 posts

71 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th August 2011 quote quote all
B'stard Child said:
Fish981 said:
And even if you send the old style V5 off with the 'Scrapped' box ticked they send it back asking for a 'Certificate of Destruction' from an approved dismantler.
They've never done that to me and I've scrapped a few
In the last six months?

B'stard Child

7,262 posts

132 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th August 2011 quote quote all
Fish981 said:
In the last six months?
Not quite - last December was the last time I scrapped a car.

If they've changed the process I might be having another battle with them - as my track car is going track only so my plan was retain the reg and then "scrap" the car so I no longer had to worry about the SORN aspect anymore - I've done that before with donor cars that have been picked clean of parts.....

Reply to Topic