Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

AndyandChrisGTR

Original Poster:

188 posts

53 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd April 2012 quote quote all
Hi people, after a bit of knowledge from the Ultima masses.

Car should be ready for the road in a few weeks so Andy (as its his car) has been looking at insurance. Only one quote from CCI so far and the premiums don't seem too far out considering I (chris) am only 25. The thing that seems odd is the excess which is £2k on the road with another £1k on top for track days. Is this normal???

I have had a look on the search for other threads but they are a bit out of date and can't find anything about people's excess.

Would be interested to hear your experiences.

Chris

Edited by AndyandChrisGTR on Tuesday 3rd April 22:26

F.C.

3,150 posts

93 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd April 2012 quote quote all
AndyandChrisGTR said:
Hi people, after a bit of knowledge from the Ultima masses.

Car should be ready for the road in a few weeks so Andy (as its his car) has been looking at insurance. Only one quote from CCI so far and the premiums don't seem too far out considering I (chris) am only 25. The thing that seems odd is the excess which is £2k on the road with another £1k on top for track days. Is this normal???

I have had a look on the search for other threads but they are a bit out of date and can't find anything about people's excess.

Would be interested to hear your experiences.

Chris

Edited by AndyandChrisGTR on Tuesday 3rd April 22:26
My excess is £500 Flat with CCI. I suspect it's your age that counts against you.

AndyandChrisGTR

Original Poster:

188 posts

53 months

[news] 
Wednesday 4th April 2012 quote quote all
F.C. said:
My excess is £500 Flat with CCI. I suspect it's your age that counts against you.
Thats interesting. Andy did do a quote without me on it, obviously the premium was less but the £2k excess remained plus extra for the track. Andy is 50ish wink so it certainly seems excessive.

3Dee

3,131 posts

106 months

[news] 
Monday 14th May 2012 quote quote all
Seems that the forum search facility is screwed again.
Technical bods have changed this to a google search, but that also does not work!

After much manual searching I found this thread - I wanted to ring CCI to get a quote, but got stopped in my tracks when I realised that they have changed their number to an 0844 number!!!! WHAA? yikes

..and they have hidden/ discontinued the normal landline!

I have to snigger! This is the most ANTI-SALES and crazy situation I have come across and shows how stupid this fungal growth of premium rate numbers has got to!

Recon someone should start an 087* and 0844 sin bin! If advertised enough, maybe the users would start to rethink their strategy!

Anyhow - I rang for a call-back, and they did...

BEWARE builders - Appears that these days if you take out build/laid-up insurance it HAS to be for the full 12 months. ie if you are any where close to getting your car on the road within that year you will LOSE the whole premium on cancellation or by taking out full road cover! Which IMHO is rediculuous and further evidence of insurance company profiteering!
What is worse is that many don't tell you when you take it out (unless you read the small print!)

Anyhow, Footman James came through with £488 for the year (build cover)....waiting for CCI for build cover.

But the silly thing is that CCI quote for full on-the-road was, wait for it.... £515!!!!

So to have full on the road cover is only 27 quid more than Build cover, yet the risk to the insurance comany MUST IMHO be 100+ times more risky?????

Nothing makes sense any more! I am going to have a lie down!

Are there others to try?

Edited by 3Dee on Monday 14th May 12:54

DHGTR

1,137 posts

128 months

[news] 
Monday 14th May 2012 quote quote all
Try Classicline insurance (Hinckley). Most competitive for me over the last couple of years -£500 excess. I found CCI more expensive as well. Think Classicline charge 10% of your premium per track day aswell.

3Dee www.Saynoto0870.com for all your alternative numbers and to add as well.
Advertisement

3Dee

3,131 posts

106 months

[news] 
Monday 14th May 2012 quote quote all
Hi Dave,

Thanks,

I will give them a try...

Say no to... only have a landline number that was cut off! Obviously CCI got all worried-like about losing all that extra revenue when someone rang to get a quote! Silly people!

If everyone who rang complained bitterly, and demanded a call-back, then before long I would hope that they would review their policy! Smartish! But without lots of complaints they will merrily carry on, oblivious to the facts.

What is worse is that Doctors surgeries do this about 80% of them do! And this is despite a directive (2009)from the Gvt not to! Only 10% have changed back....

Anyhow, CCI's quote was 'GET THIS' £110 more for build insurance that for on-the-road insurance! How totally stupid is that?

Hope you are doing well!

Mr Grumpy!

khm

332 posts

86 months

[news] 
Monday 14th May 2012 quote quote all
with footman james, most places would not do the car with it not being on there 'books' and a one off

F.C.

3,150 posts

93 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th May 2012 quote quote all
3Dee said:
Hi Dave,

Thanks,

I will give them a try...

Say no to... only have a landline number that was cut off! Obviously CCI got all worried-like about losing all that extra revenue when someone rang to get a quote! Silly people!

If everyone who rang complained bitterly, and demanded a call-back, then before long I would hope that they would review their policy! Smartish! But without lots of complaints they will merrily carry on, oblivious to the facts.

What is worse is that Doctors surgeries do this about 80% of them do! And this is despite a directive (2009)from the Gvt not to! Only 10% have changed back....

Anyhow, CCI's quote was 'GET THIS' £110 more for build insurance that for on-the-road insurance! How totally stupid is that?

Hope you are doing well!

Mr Grumpy!
Probably due to not having active tracker fitted, a stolen car is a stolen car afterall and build insurance is just that, right up to the point of being ready for IVA in which case its just as likely to be stolen as any other Ultima, probably more so as it would be a new build ripe with new parts.

3Dee

3,131 posts

106 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th May 2012 quote quote all
Hmmmm...

ClassicLine - £571 Laid-up (pre IVA)
Full on the road (3k Miles) - £732 - £750 excess yikes

CCI - £515.93 Full on the road (3k Miles) - £1250 excess
- £630 Laid-up (pre IVA)

BUT CCI Laid up you lose the balance of premium if on road before end of 12 months!

...and CL allow you to pay the difference on the change....

...where's me calculator...

Anyone got better?

deadscoob

1,249 posts

145 months

[news] 
Tuesday 22nd May 2012 quote quote all
Who did you speak to at cci Keith?

Just called them and was told they don't do build insurance and the on the road was £1500!!

Classic insurance was £879 and msm was £1236 which they attributed to the 2 recent unfortunate losses.

Seems to have gone up hugely over the last year....

3Dee

3,131 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 22nd May 2012 quote quote all
deadscoob said:
Who did you speak to at cci Keith?

Just called them and was told they don't do build insurance and the on the road was £1500!!

Classic insurance was £879 and msm was £1236 which they attributed to the 2 recent unfortunate losses.

Seems to have gone up hugely over the last year....
Strictly speaking they don't do build insurance. I am not sure if the terminology was bent to suit but I believe it is a form of laid-up cover I got quoted for. They knew the car was not registered yet.

I am going to make my choice this week, cos mine goes up to a certain garage for a new exhaust next week.

MarkWebb

845 posts

102 months

[news] 
Tuesday 19th June 2012 quote quote all
Just got CCI cover including 5 tdays and 3000 miles for £500. Cheaper by @£100 than classicline. Spoke to Zowie who was great. Prob paid £100 for dialling 0844 LOL

deadscoob

1,249 posts

145 months

[news] 
Tuesday 19th June 2012 quote quote all
Would you mind posting a few details on this Mark, age etc. I got a quote from them and it was over £1k!

Thanks

MarkWebb

845 posts

102 months

[news] 
Tuesday 19th June 2012 quote quote all
Age 48. 3000 miles. value £39999 otherwise you need a tracker. Alarmed. Garaged. 3 points SP30. She was prepared to carry max no claims over from main vehicle. inc 5 track days

Storer

2,927 posts

100 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Had to renew my Ultima insurance a few days ago and it had gone up by 27% frown

It is now £409 with CCI for 4000 miles/year and agreed value of £53K (high for age but way less than it has cost me!!!!!!). All the usual CCI bits inc £250 XS, £1250XS on track for the 5 days a year.

Just insured my wife's new toy with them too. Mercedes SL500 for 6000 miles for £453. With same terms as Ultima.


Paul

BTW the Merc is a lot of car for the money (£17k for an 05 with 52K miles). Leather everywhere, everything electric (and working), nice V8 soundtrack especially when the panoramic metal/glass roof is in the boot!

V8Dom

2,718 posts

87 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Storer said:
BTW the Merc is a lot of car for the money (£17k for an 05 with 52K miles). Leather everywhere, everything electric (and working), nice V8 soundtrack especially when the panoramic metal/glass roof is in the boot!

What are you trying to say??? Ultima too hard core now??biggrin

Dom

Storer

2,927 posts

100 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Hi Dom

The Ultima is too hardcore for my wife rolleyes

She will just not ride in it so we needed something else, and she wanted something special to complement her E class estate workhorse that is replacing her old BMW.

Besides, the Ultima will be coming off the road over winter so it will be fun if I need some (and if I'm allowed to borrow it!!!!).


Paul
Reply to Topic