Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

NDA

Original Poster:

10,990 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all

Sorry, majorly dull question.....

My daughter is going to a show tonight at Hammersmith. Could anyone advise where the best/easiest parking is in Hammersmith?

sday12

4,343 posts

91 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Free street parking a few streets away from venue.

NDA

Original Poster:

10,990 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Mrs NDA and daughter driving up this afternoon, they don't know the area at all - any clues would be helpful. smile

ScoobyDood

1,268 posts

39 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Take the A219 South from Hammersmith Apollo and park on Chancellor's Road (about 300yds along and 2nd right next the pub called the Distillers)

NDA

Original Poster:

10,990 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Cool. Will have her prog that into her sat nav. Thanks.
Advertisement

Willy Nilly

4,568 posts

47 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Leave the car at a train station near your/her house and go there on the underground.

NDA

Original Poster:

10,990 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
We live a long way out of London, she won't want to do a planes, trains and automobiles jobbie.

Turn7

10,404 posts

101 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Theres a pay&display under the flyover, but you need to get there early. Theres plenty of street parking within 5/10 minute walk down Queen Caroline street.

Edited by Turn7 on Saturday 7th April 11:56

Blues

8,462 posts

99 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
I drive there about once a month, and always park right next to the Apollo. As you look at the front of the building, there is a road that runs off he roundabout to the right of the Apollo. Turn in here, and turn immediately right (under the flyover). This is a parking area, and is free after 6:30 in the evening, I think it is some thing like £2 per hour before then.

Willy Nilly

4,568 posts

47 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
NDA said:
We live a long way out of London, she won't want to do a planes, trains and automobiles jobbie.
Then park at a station on the outskirts and get the train in. That's what I do anyway. Driving in London is a pain if you don't know where you are going. Despite what people say, I have always found the people on the underground very helpful.

McFly?????

NDA

Original Poster:

10,990 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Willy Nilly said:
NDA said:
We live a long way out of London, she won't want to do a planes, trains and automobiles jobbie.
Then park at a station on the outskirts and get the train in. That's what I do anyway. Driving in London is a pain if you don't know where you are going. Despite what people say, I have always found the people on the underground very helpful.

McFly?????
Yes, McFly. They're sooooo looking forward to it. Can't think of anything worse!

Mobile Chicane

17,349 posts

92 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Hammersmith is a complete PITA to reach by public transport.

None of the outer tube stations which feed it - Ealing Broadway, Heathrow, Richmond etc have any station parking, and by the time you've got somewhere like Turnham Green you might as well have driven the whole way anyway.

Lots and lots of safe on-street parking around Rainville Road and the streets which run between it and the Fulham Palace Road.

Immediately by the Apollo is a rather rough council estate where you wouldn't leave a nice car.

Willy Nilly

4,568 posts

47 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
NDA said:
Willy Nilly said:
NDA said:
We live a long way out of London, she won't want to do a planes, trains and automobiles jobbie.
Then park at a station on the outskirts and get the train in. That's what I do anyway. Driving in London is a pain if you don't know where you are going. Despite what people say, I have always found the people on the underground very helpful.

McFly?????
Yes, McFly. They're sooooo looking forward to it. Can't think of anything worse!
There is going to be a lot of squealing.

NDA

Original Poster:

10,990 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Mobile Chicane said:
Hammersmith is a complete PITA to reach by public transport.

None of the outer tube stations which feed it - Ealing Broadway, Heathrow, Richmond etc have any station parking, and by the time you've got somewhere like Turnham Green you might as well have driven the whole way anyway.

Lots and lots of safe on-street parking around Rainville Road and the streets which run between it and the Fulham Palace Road.

Immediately by the Apollo is a rather rough council estate where you wouldn't leave a nice car.
Kind of what I thought.

Thanks.

Mobile Chicane

17,349 posts

92 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
NDA said:
Mobile Chicane said:
Hammersmith is a complete PITA to reach by public transport.

None of the outer tube stations which feed it - Ealing Broadway, Heathrow, Richmond etc have any station parking, and by the time you've got somewhere like Turnham Green you might as well have driven the whole way anyway.

Lots and lots of safe on-street parking around Rainville Road and the streets which run between it and the Fulham Palace Road.

Immediately by the Apollo is a rather rough council estate where you wouldn't leave a nice car.
Kind of what I thought.

Thanks.
No worries - happy to help.

I worked in the area for many years and although driving in from Surrey cost more than public transport, I'd still rather take the car.

The area is nowhere near as seedy as it once was, but it still isn't somewhere I'd like to be messing around with public transport late at night.

NDA

Original Poster:

10,990 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Mobile Chicane said:
No worries - happy to help.

I worked in the area for many years and although driving in from Surrey cost more than public transport, I'd still rather take the car.

The area is nowhere near as seedy as it once was, but it still isn't somewhere I'd like to be messing around with public transport late at night.
Yes quite. I've told her to ditch the Chanel watch and other sparkly objects! There's a multi story near King Street that could be an option.

iva cosworth

11,444 posts

43 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Remember the flyover is still weight restricted so there is queues all day

while all commercials have to go round it.

Long queues eastbound in from M4 generallysmile

Crossflow Kid

7,016 posts

71 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Mobile Chicane said:
Hammersmith is a complete PITA to reach by public transport.

None of the outer tube stations which feed it - Ealing Broadway, Heathrow, Richmond etc have any station parking, and by the time you've got somewhere like Turnham Green you might as well have driven the whole way anyway.
Hmmm, you're doing it all wrong. The outlying stations along the LHR bit don't "feed" Hammersmith. The Piccadilly line feeds people OUT from London to the airport area. Not really meant as a long-distance car/train solution. You need the big railway for that...central London terminus, then tube out to 'ammersmiff.
And you know the flyover's all fked up at the moment*?

  • and for the rest of time.

LC2

168 posts

53 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
Mobile Chicane said:
Hammersmith is a complete PITA to reach by public transport.

None of the outer tube stations which feed it - Ealing Broadway, Heathrow, Richmond etc have any station parking, and by the time you've got somewhere like Turnham Green you might as well have driven the whole way anyway.

Lots and lots of safe on-street parking around Rainville Road and the streets which run between it and the Fulham Palace Road.

Immediately by the Apollo is a rather rough council estate where you wouldn't leave a nice car.
Osterley station (on the A4) has a decent sized car park, and is only a few stops down the Picadilly.

Plotloss

67,243 posts

150 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th April 2012 quote quote all
All of Hammersmith Zone A is free after 6.30pm

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Images/CPZ%20borough%20map_...


2
Reply to Topic