PistonHeads.com Forum

Toddington meet up on the way to chatsworth

Toddington meet up on the way to chatsworth

Author
Discussion

TOV!E

Original Poster:

1,867 posts

131 months

Monday 16th April 2012
quotequote all
Hi, was wondering if anybody is going up from the south via the MI as myself and another couple of TVRs could meet you at the Toddington Services on the Sunday morning?????????????

Dave_M

5,388 posts

121 months

Monday 16th April 2012
quotequote all
May be able to join you from J21 (Leicester Forest East)smile

spartridge

897 posts

107 months

Monday 16th April 2012
quotequote all
Sounds like a plan Gordon - what sort of time?

TOV!E

Original Poster:

1,867 posts

131 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
spartridge said:
Sounds like a plan Gordon - what sort of time?
Dont really know, how long will it take from Toddington to Chatsworth?????

I was thinking between 7-30/8.00 am.
But we are very flexible

Timja

1,587 posts

106 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
I would probably be up for this too.

TOV!E

Original Poster:

1,867 posts

131 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
Timja said:
I would probably be up for this too.
Good, i think the more the better should be a lovely run once we get passed the road works after junstion 13.
So do we all agree to meet at the services (north bound) between 7am and 7.30am.

Timja

1,587 posts

106 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
Last year I joined up with several from Northants TVR club at some services on the M1 and had a good run up (until my car broke down due to alternator!), so i would imagine (and hope) that many more people will be up for joining the run in!

spartridge

897 posts

107 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
yep - 7.30 sounds good!

TOV!E

Original Poster:

1,867 posts

131 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
Timja said:
Last year I joined up with several from Northants TVR club at some services on the M1 and had a good run up (until my car broke down due to alternator!), so i would imagine (and hope) that many more people will be up for joining the run in!
Good idea, maybe would could stop at a few services on the way to join up with more TIVs.

ratboiler

316 posts

88 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
Unfortunatley I cant make it but watch out for the new camera's on the back sides of the gantry's just as you come off the M25 onto the M1, I do the M1 everyday M25 to Junction 13 and they start from about the 3rd gantry from the M25, the road angel does not pick them up for some reason, and the tom tom is as good as useless for them. The speed camera's on the road works section do work as my brothers company have had a few speed tickets through.
Have a good time.

TOV!E

Original Poster:

1,867 posts

131 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
Thanks for the info, i know that the cameras work in the road works as my friend got caught doing 56mph on average......

Willikins

271 posts

104 months

Friday 20th April 2012
quotequote all
Can I come and play :-). Is it 730 at Toddington still?

Steve

TOV!E

Original Poster:

1,867 posts

131 months

Sunday 22nd April 2012
quotequote all
Willikins said:
Can I come and play :-). Is it 730 at Toddington still?

Steve
Yes of course you can join in, the more the merrier, look forward to meeting you.......

amazon

3,637 posts

108 months

Monday 23rd April 2012
quotequote all
TOV!E said:
Hi, was wondering if anybody is going up from the south via the MI as myself and another couple of TVRs could meet you at the Toddington Services on the Sunday morning?????????????
wavey Hi Gordon - haven't seen you for ages - looking forward to catching up, I hope we bump into each other - I'll look out for you (although I could be easioer to spot? laugh )




TOV!E

Original Poster:

1,867 posts

131 months

Monday 23rd April 2012
quotequote all
amazon said:
wavey Hi Gordon - haven't seen you for ages - looking forward to catching up, I hope we bump into each other - I'll look out for you (although I could be easioer to spot? laugh )
Hi Nicky, look forward to seeing you again, i will find you as you will be heads over every one else hehe.
Are you taking the Chim or Cerbie.???????
Love Gordon. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

amazon

3,637 posts

108 months

Monday 23rd April 2012
quotequote all
TOV!E said:
Hi Nicky, look forward to seeing you again, i will find you as you will be heads over every one else hehe.
Are you taking the Chim or Cerbie.???????
Love Gordon. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
smile Probably the Cerbera, but could change my mind at any point of course! LOL!

Looking forward to collecting all those Gordon! nuts

geoffphead

623 posts

98 months

Monday 23rd April 2012
quotequote all
Hi Guys i am hoping to join you too, fat bloke ,silver tusc S

cheers Geoff

TOV!E

Original Poster:

1,867 posts

131 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
geoffphead said:
Hi Guys i am hoping to join you too, fat bloke ,silver tusc S

cheers Geoff
Perfect Geoff, look forward to meeting you......Gordon

swimmer27

482 posts

79 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
I'm joining the M25 hopefully 6.45am ish at jctn 11 then thought I would go M40 / M42 / A42 then join the M1 near Kegworth for the last stint. My first time at Chatsworth..............I hope!!

Edited by swimmer27 on Tuesday 24th April 14:22

Willikins

271 posts

104 months

Saturday 28th April 2012
quotequote all
Morning all

Of to work this morning to try and catch up. This weather is putting me seriously behind so I may have to work tomorrow. If I am not there by 7.30 please dont wait. Have a good day if I don't make it.

Steve