Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 263 264
266 267 ... 348 349
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Salgar

3,030 posts

71 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
D4MJT said:
Quick question re this if I may folks..

What's the difference like graphically between the PS3 version and the XBox version, or are they the same / on a par?
Eurogamer always answer this exact question in more detail than I ever care to read about.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-g...

I think the TL;DR is that they're very similar and you're unlikely to notice a difference while kicking over cows and crashing planes into police cars.

trooperiziz

8,530 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Salgar said:
D4MJT said:
Quick question re this if I may folks..

What's the difference like graphically between the PS3 version and the XBox version, or are they the same / on a par?
Eurogamer always answer this exact question in more detail than I ever care to read about.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-g...

I think the TL;DR is that they're very similar and you're unlikely to notice a difference while kicking over cows and crashing planes into police cars.
Summary is:
PS3 looks a tiny bit better.
Xbox runs a tiny bit faster when the screen is busy.


Salgar

3,030 posts

71 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
trooperiziz said:
Salgar said:
D4MJT said:
Quick question re this if I may folks..

What's the difference like graphically between the PS3 version and the XBox version, or are they the same / on a par?
Eurogamer always answer this exact question in more detail than I ever care to read about.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-g...

I think the TL;DR is that they're very similar and you're unlikely to notice a difference while kicking over cows and crashing planes into police cars.
Summary is:
PS3 looks a tiny bit better.
Xbox runs a tiny bit faster when the screen is busy.
Yeah, that's what I said smile

93Jay

3,301 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
D4MJT said:
Quick question re this if I may folks..

What's the difference like graphically between the PS3 version and the XBox version, or are they the same / on a par?
Not graphically but I found the handling of cars on PS3 way too sharp, it was hard to control a car generally.

Much easier on the xbox though.


scarble

4,504 posts

44 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
S3_Graham said:
on one of the later missions I managed to grab one of the super lambo's. Bit like a Gallardo (buyable from the dealership). Not seen one on the road at all but it was in the car park, I stole it and went via my house in a mission.
With the Aventi back end?
I think I had one of the street once, parked roughly around where the Bug spawns.

D4MJT said:
Quick question re this if I may folks..
What's the difference like graphically between the PS3 version and the XBox version, or are they the same / on a par?
Clearly PS3 is far better wink

trooperiziz said:
Summary is:
PS3 looks a tiny bit better.
Xbox runs a tiny bit faster when the screen is busy.
Haven't noticed any stutter or tearing on my ps3 at all (but then mine has been thoroughly cleaned and has proper thermal grease, not like the cheap factory stuff)
Advertisement

P-Jay

6,694 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
scarble said:
Haven't noticed any stutter or tearing on my ps3 at all (but then mine has been thoroughly cleaned and has proper thermal grease, not like the cheap factory stuff)
Mine's played up once or twice, the easiest way for me to replicate it is by taking a tuned up motor from Michaels garage, my Murci clone is best/worst, leaving his house turning left and heading south at a zillion miles per house through red lights etc, there's so much going on it can't keep up and the screen freezes for a second and starts again, gives you a wonderful view of how much stuff it going on at once.

D4MJT

811 posts

45 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Haha, that'll do me, thanks folks

Guvernator

3,483 posts

52 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Can whoever has the power please free up some PS3 crew slots (can't believe 300 people have joined already) as I'd like to get in on some crew action when it goes live.

Thanks

Also does anyone have more details on what the online play will actually involve? I remember trying online on GTA IV and wasn't too impressed to be honest. The game\shooting mechanics weren't really suited to online play IMO but I am hoping this one will be an improvement

Jayyylo

611 posts

34 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
I've just left the original crew and joined the PH speed matters group. Can we please have the same group image?

ChrisBuer

504 posts

112 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Jayyylo said:
I've just left the original crew and joined the PH speed matters group. Can we please have the same group image?
Thanks biggrin

I managed to get a spot. Happy days smile

scarble

4,504 posts

44 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Guvernator said:
Can whoever has the power please free up some PS3 crew slots (can't believe 300 people have joined already) as I'd like to get in on some crew action when it goes live.
Thanks
Also does anyone have more details on what the online play will actually involve? I remember trying online on GTA IV and wasn't too impressed to be honest. The game\shooting mechanics weren't really suited to online play IMO but I am hoping this one will be an improvement
I think a few of us will be fighting eachother to clean the crew up tonight but it's hard to know who we can kick and we don't want to kick people if we're not sure, would be a bit harsh! Maybe we will end up with an overflow crew, wait and see. I guess the 1st is drawing close! Don't expect to get online on the 1st though, it'll be up and down like <insert innuendo>.

Personally I loved online on IV, but then I'm happy to just race around the streets biggrin
V will (supposedly) allow you to set up your own race routes, set up heists, buy safe houses, buy cars to store in your safe house garages. It's going to be a laugh and there will be many great PH heists, often including high speed getaways (or more likely high speed crashes) and we will race across the state in articulated lorries, attempt to land a helicopter/plane on/parachute on to various moving things. We will have boats vs. cars, dirt track races in Futos, who can get to the top of chillidad fastest in an Infernus, base jumping, base jumping into the army base, tank battles... you may not be amused but I sure will biggrin

Jayyylo said:
I've just left the original crew and joined the PH speed matters group. Can we please have the same group image?
Took me about an hour to do that and there's no way to copy & paste so I (or someone else, someone xboxy) will have to do it again (or do boxers not have the talent wink)

Edition87

354 posts

26 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Hey Guys, first post but long time reader!
Been following this thread for a while and signed up to the social club too on the ps3 side.

Some news was posted by R* yesterday about GTA online if it answers any questions you may have;
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news/article/51422/...

Capture the flag!!

I cant wait for the launch, more so the racing as i loved racing in V but im not too keen on the driving physics yet so dont think it will be as fun..

Add me if you like i'll be active most days

Social club: AdmP_J4
PSN: AdmP_

Edited by Edition87 on Thursday 26th September 14:47

Guvernator

3,483 posts

52 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Thanks Scarble, I'll try and join up tonight (if I can) or if not I'll just join the subs bench biggrin

From what you've said sounds like V online will be a blast, just a shame that the internet will probably break for a few days when it goes online. Really how hard can it be for a company with the money\resources of Rockstar to get the right capacity up and running? Surely it's just a matter of working out how many copies have sold and then revving up the right number of servers to cope. Hell I thought that was what these fancy on demand "cloud services" were designed for but every time without fail it goes pear shaped.

Salgar

3,030 posts

71 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Edition87 said:
Hey Guys, first post but long time reader!
Been following this thread for a while and signed up to the social club too on the ps3 side.

Some news was posted by R* yesterday about GTA online if it answers any questions you may have;
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news/article/51422/...

Capture the flag!!

I cant wait for the launch, more so the racing as i loved racing in V but im not too keen on the driving physics yet so dont think it will be as fun..

Add me if you like i'll be active most days

Social club: AdmP_J4
PSN: AdmP_

Edited by Edition87 on Thursday 26th September 14:47
Good Lurking, welcome

waughie

104 posts

60 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Can someone add me to the wiki please, I can't figure it out!

Gamertag = excessions
Social club = excessions45

andycambo

795 posts

61 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
I've left the PS3 original crew so there should be a space free now.

Butter Face

8,888 posts

47 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Trevors mum? Wtf

Graham

15,373 posts

171 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Guvernator said:
Thanks Scarble, I'll try and join up tonight (if I can) or if not I'll just join the subs bench biggrin

From what you've said sounds like V online will be a blast, just a shame that the internet will probably break for a few days when it goes online. Really how hard can it be for a company with the money\resources of Rockstar to get the right capacity up and running? Surely it's just a matter of working out how many copies have sold and then revving up the right number of servers to cope. Hell I thought that was what these fancy on demand "cloud services" were designed for but every time without fail it goes pear shaped.
not quite that simple, as you cant load test with that bigger load... Its a bit like building a 300mph car and expecting it to go right out of the box.. you know what it needs to do and you can drive it around all day at 100 mph but when you push it to the max unexpected things start happening...


but they do seem to have underestimated by a big margin on just the app and the photos so far !! which doesn't bode well..


I only just managed to save my first photo last night !

Guvernator

3,483 posts

52 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
Graham said:
not quite that simple, as you cant load test with that bigger load... Its a bit like building a 300mph car and expecting it to go right out of the box.. you know what it needs to do and you can drive it around all day at 100 mph but when you push it to the max unexpected things start happening...


but they do seem to have underestimated by a big margin on just the app and the photos so far !! which doesn't bode well..


I only just managed to save my first photo last night !
Surely that is what that expensive and complicated stress testing\load creating kit is for. I know it's not exactly the same as running it live but you can get pretty close to real life load conditions these days by simulating thousands of users if need be.

With my cynical hat on I just think that rather then spending loads of money spinning up extra server farms, they go for the cheaper option of taking the hit for the first few days because they KNOW it will calm down after that to more reasonable levels anyway. So they get a few thousand pissed off users for a couple of days, everyone will shut up after a few days anyway so why spend the money?

SmoothCriminal

1,400 posts

86 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th September 2013 quote quote all
waughie said:
Can someone add me to the wiki please, I can't figure it out!

Gamertag = excessions
Social club = excessions45
I took it you was a 360 user
1 2 ... 263 264
266 267 ... 348 349
Reply to Topic