PistonHeads.com Forum

Sunday Night Restaurant

Sunday Night Restaurant

Author
Discussion

Burrow01

Original Poster:

1,290 posts

104 months

Tuesday 12th June 2012
quotequote all
Hi
I suspect by Sunday night the taste of meat barbecued over beer soaked charcoal may have paled a bit, and as I'll be in France I'm thinking of treating myself to a decent meal out on the Sunday night before leaving for Blighty on the Monday morning

Any recommendations or is everything a burnt out wreck in town after the race?

Irish

3,990 posts

151 months

Tuesday 12th June 2012
quotequote all
Oooh, sticky on this. If they will let the ripe in smile

davidd

5,605 posts

196 months

Tuesday 12th June 2012
quotequote all
We've usually ended up in town on sunday evening, generally pretty quiet (well compared to friday!). You'll find somewhere on or just off the market sq...

rdjohn

2,077 posts

107 months

Wednesday 13th June 2012
quotequote all
http://www.camilleconstantin.com/restauration-gast...

This depends on your interpretations of decent and budget, and is just down the road in La Fleche.

Chef's wife speaks English, but you will have to book.

If the weather is good, it has a nice terrace overlooking Le Loire

Gibo993

936 posts

177 months

Wednesday 13th June 2012
quotequote all
Head to Honfluer after the race, best most picturesque way to finish the weekend, nice Hotel/Shower top meal and a few glasses of good Vino.
Advertisement

Burrow01

Original Poster:

1,290 posts

104 months

Wednesday 13th June 2012
quotequote all
Gibo993 said:
Head to Honfluer after the race, best most picturesque way to finish the weekend, nice Hotel/Shower top meal and a few glasses of good Vino.
Yep have done that in the past, very nice there, but looking to stay @ Le Mans for a wind down before setting off back

Dblue

2,707 posts

112 months

Wednesday 13th June 2012
quotequote all
rdjohn said:
http://www.camilleconstantin.com/restauration-gast...

This depends on your interpretations of decent and budget, and is just down the road in La Fleche.

Chef's wife speaks English, but you will have to book.

If the weather is good, it has a nice terrace overlooking Le Loire
Looks very nice indeed. Michelin says its closed on Sunday Evenings unfortunately. That's pretty common in France, Sunday lunch is a big deal there. Families go out for lunch to restaurants in the way that we have a roast dinner here. Consequence is that the restaurants are most often shut in the evenings

rdjohn

2,077 posts

107 months

Wednesday 13th June 2012
quotequote all
Dblue said:
Looks very nice indeed. Michelin says its closed on Sunday Evenings unfortunately. That's pretty common in France, Sunday lunch is a big deal there. Families go out for lunch to restaurants in the way that we have a roast dinner here. Consequence is that the restaurants are most often shut in the evenings
Drat, I had missed that, I was planning to book there for 8 of us after the Classic.

Dblue

2,707 posts

112 months

Wednesday 13th June 2012
quotequote all
rdjohn said:
Dblue said:
Looks very nice indeed. Michelin says its closed on Sunday Evenings unfortunately. That's pretty common in France, Sunday lunch is a big deal there. Families go out for lunch to restaurants in the way that we have a roast dinner here. Consequence is that the restaurants are most often shut in the evenings
Drat, I had missed that, I was planning to book there for 8 of us after the Classic.
Ring em up anyway, the guide is not always right and it looks excellent.