Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Redler

Original Poster:

23 posts

34 months

[news] 
Friday 15th June 2012 quote quote all
Good evening!

I have just bought myself a BMW Z4 2008 Msport in Carbon Blue.

I bought this second hand from an indipendent dealer several weeks ago. I have spoken to three different BMW dealerships about trying to connect my Iphone to my cars bluetooth handsfree but none of them can tell me how to do it.

I have read online that they should be able to plug it into their computer but all three dealerships have told me this can not be done!

I also descovered the bluetooth module is located in a fairly assesable place but after an hour of pulling the boot apart I am a little reluctant to dismantle the car again.

Can anybody confim how to pair the two divices and how I go about fetching the bluetooth code.

Many thanks!


a4cabrio

488 posts

46 months

[news] 
Friday 15th June 2012 quote quote all
They won't tell you how to do it as they want you to bring the car in so they can charge you for doing it.

Have you got idrive on your car?? I know how to connect via idrive, if not I can't help

Lost soul

7,824 posts

69 months

[news] 
Friday 15th June 2012 quote quote all
Redler said:
Good evening!

I have just bought myself a BMW Z4 2008 Msport in Carbon Blue.

I bought this second hand from an indipendent dealer several weeks ago. I have spoken to three different BMW dealerships about trying to connect my Iphone to my cars bluetooth handsfree but none of them can tell me how to do it.

I have read online that they should be able to plug it into their computer but all three dealerships have told me this can not be done!

I also descovered the bluetooth module is located in a fairly assesable place but after an hour of pulling the boot apart I am a little reluctant to dismantle the car again.

Can anybody confim how to pair the two divices and how I go about fetching the bluetooth code.

Many thanks!
You do not need to plug it in , hmmm how do you do it ,,,,,,, you have to pair it to the car but i do not remember how you do it , but it is all done over bluetooth


blippo1984

307 posts

33 months

[news] 
Friday 15th June 2012 quote quote all
Surely the advice is in the handbook that came with the car? Why wouldn't a dealer give this advice for free?


Redler

Original Poster:

23 posts

34 months

[news] 
Friday 15th June 2012 quote quote all
Thanks for the replies.

I asked the the dealership if they could give me the pass key code if I bought the car to them (hours labour or somthing I thought) but all were clueless and just suggested the obviouse number selections. I.e '0000' '1234' etc..

It dosent have the I drive feature unfortunatly.

I wasnt sure if there was a unique code for each car, factory reset for the bluetooth moduals etc...

Thank you
Advertisement

Bodie390

345 posts

74 months

[news] 
Saturday 16th June 2012 quote quote all
My 2004 E46 has Bluetooth, the pairing process requires a 4 digit passkey which is in my manuals.


Lost soul

7,824 posts

69 months

[news] 
Saturday 16th June 2012 quote quote all
Bodie390 said:
My 2004 E46 has Bluetooth, the pairing process requires a 4 digit passkey which is in my manuals.
Which i am guessing is 0000 as it normally is

a4cabrio

488 posts

46 months

[news] 
Saturday 16th June 2012 quote quote all
blippo1984 said:
Surely the advice is in the handbook that came with the car? Why wouldn't a dealer give this advice for free?
I phoned Leeds BMW a couple of weeks ago with a question about my idrive, the reply I was given was "sorry sir we don not just give out technical information, do you want me to book your car in for you?".

I'd only had the car a couple of days and was unsure about something, I wasn't asking anything in depth.

OldGermanHeaps

35 posts

65 months

[news] 
Saturday 16th June 2012 quote quote all
on the e53s the bluetooth pairing code is on a sticker on the bluetooth module. dont know if z4s are the same.

wlk

24 posts

31 months

[news] 
Saturday 16th June 2012 quote quote all
My passcode definitely wasn't 0000 (on an e46)

Bodie390

345 posts

74 months

[news] 
Saturday 16th June 2012 quote quote all
Lost soul said:
Which i am guessing is 0000 as it normally is
6924.

Muska

1,112 posts

69 months

[news] 
Saturday 16th June 2012 quote quote all
Having just recently bought a Z4 myself this was quite a task finding out how.

You'll need te pass code which should be in a sticker on the Bluetooth module which can be seen in the boot if you look behind where the passenger seat is. I'll photograph my slip later so you know which bit of the slip is the code. It as I remember it's the only 4 digit code there is on it and it's not the obvious numbers.

Now what was tricky.

Open the centre cubby hole and you should have a button on the arm with a talking face. Put the key in but don't turn yet. Hold the button for I think 5secs then continue holding and turn to position 1 and continue holding for another 5secs. The Nav screen should now display pairing or something along those lines. You'll find the phone will now see it and you can enter the code.

If you don't have the Nav screen I've no idea if it makes any difference.

I have a copy of the instructions someone emailed me, if you email me through my profile I'll send you a copy when I'm home.

Hope this helps

Redler

Original Poster:

23 posts

34 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
Many thanks for the replies so far.

Unfortunatly it isnt as easy as just opening the manul and punching 0000 in. Looks like after 2005 (possibly) BMW changed the bluetooth pair method.

Instead it is a random number combination that should have been stuck in the manual, but in many peoples experience this was not the case.

Managed to get a few tips from here and have been talking to a few through PM's so I think I have sussed it.

Many thanks!

KENZ

1,181 posts

80 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
You should have a Bluetooth manual that has the code with all the rest of your paperwork.
Reply to Topic