Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 6 7
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

al bebak

Original Poster:

148 posts

43 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
there are plenty of football sayings, what ones do you not like.
the one that P****S me off is managers, players and pundits who say "id pay to watch him or them"
like they know what a rip off footy is nowadays and wouldnt dream of paying what is paid to watch footy.

another is "to be fair" 99% of the time it dont even fit with whatever there saying, it is just like players and managers need to say as they are footballers.

Steve McClaren, anything this T**T says gets my back up, he talks like he is the only person ever too know about football.

oh, and garth crooks does anyone get what he says.

essexplumber

7,405 posts

53 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
Andy Townsened sayin "Goals" instead of "Goal".

moist

11,635 posts

73 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
"you know" said a million times per second
starting every sentence with "yeah" or "no, I mean" ... yes Welbeck and Rooney, I mean you biggrin
fans calling other fans/teams/players 'scum' is a bit over the top lol

Cheib

8,431 posts

55 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
"It's a game of two halves"....and these people get paid to come out with this ste. Why not just have some vaguely intelligent analysts.....would you ever head Ferguson or Wenger say that ? No. So get these morons off the air!

Hammer67

2,980 posts

64 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
"Carlton Cole`s playing".

grumpy
Advertisement

mickk

14,837 posts

122 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
moist said:
"you know" said a million times per second
starting every sentence with "yeah" or "no, I mean" ... yes Welbeck and Rooney, I mean you biggrin
fans calling other fans/teams/players 'scum' is a bit over the top lol
Have I missed something with your user name??

rofl

Wacky Racer

21,417 posts

127 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
"We were in the ascendancy, then they scored six"......Mark Hughes

"There will be a response, there's no doubt about that"....Slur Alex.

"It eeeees most important"...Robert Mancini

You'll win nothing with kids........biggrin



"With this crushing defeat today, where do you go from here?"

"Newcastle next Tuesday"

mickk

14,837 posts

122 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
Harry Redknapp:

"This team could win the Premiership next season"

Zaxxon

4,057 posts

40 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
The team we ALL support.....as in the thread on this site.

Blackpuddin

5,461 posts

85 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
Done instead of did, eg the boy done well, in the whole of British life only footballers and managers do this as far as I can tell.
Ex-footballers now commentators latching onto words that they think make them look intelligent. Current mot du moment seems to be 'sumptuous', ie sumptuous pass there, the Spanish are playing sumptuous. That's another one, leaving the 'ly' off the end of adjectives. Clearly adverbs are a bit ghey.

moist

11,635 posts

73 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
mickk said:
moist said:
"you know" said a million times per second
starting every sentence with "yeah" or "no, I mean" ... yes Welbeck and Rooney, I mean you biggrin
fans calling other fans/teams/players 'scum' is a bit over the top lol
Have I missed something with your user name??

rofl
hehe

I just want to celebrate the great word yes

Black can man

14,924 posts

48 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
When describing a goal , the commentator will say never say he kicked the ball in the net it's always, drilled, slotted , hammered,poked,smashed,leathered,passed,slid,half volleyed ,guided , but never kicked

mickk

14,837 posts

122 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
moist said:
mickk said:
moist said:
"you know" said a million times per second
starting every sentence with "yeah" or "no, I mean" ... yes Welbeck and Rooney, I mean you biggrin
fans calling other fans/teams/players 'scum' is a bit over the top lol
Have I missed something with your user name??

rofl
hehe

I just want to celebrate the great word yes
I hope the mods block you from changing it back, no-one will ever take you seriously again...

scratchchin ..

Oh wait, what do I mean again!

hehe

moist

11,635 posts

73 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
mickk said:
I hope the mods block you from changing it back, no-one will ever take you seriously again...

scratchchin ..

Oh wait, what do I mean again!

hehe
biglaughbiglaugh

Change your name to 'flaps' and we can be forever happy

jcremonini

772 posts

47 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
Commentators and football fans who believe that a team should be, as an example, 3-0 up if they missed three good chances. If the first goal had gone in then none of what followed, including the later chances could have possibly happened in the same way.

RedWhiteMonkey

3,885 posts

62 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
"and now over to your commentators Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend."

wormburner

7,343 posts

133 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
Blackpuddin said:
Done instead of did, eg the boy done well, in the whole of British life only footballers and managers do this as far as I can tell.
Ex-footballers now commentators latching onto words that they think make them look intelligent. Current mot du moment seems to be 'sumptuous', ie sumptuous pass there, the Spanish are playing sumptuous. That's another one, leaving the 'ly' off the end of adjectives. Clearly adverbs are a bit ghey.
Redknapp. This is all Redknapp's fault.

"the boy done fab-luss".

spud989

1,166 posts

60 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
Black can man said:
When describing a goal , the commentator will say never say he kicked the ball in the net it's always, drilled, slotted , hammered,poked,smashed,leathered,passed,slid,half volleyed ,guided , but never kicked
Because it doesn't describe the quality of the action? Fairly self-explanatory really. Saying 'kicked' would make you sound like a moron.

HeatonNorris

1,649 posts

28 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
Ron Manager said:
Oooh, those Brazilians, you know, circa 1970, hmm, broke the mould,
didn't they, you know? Theory out the window, free expression of
football. Uncategorisable. Is that a word? It is now! You know, far
cry from the English game, isn't it? Small boys in the park, jumpers
for goalposts, rush goalie, two at the back, three in the middle, four
at the front. One's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly.
Don't quote me on that. Marvellous!

TwigtheWonderkid

10,026 posts

30 months

[news] 
Sunday 17th June 2012 quote quote all
People apparently giving more than 100%.

"Yes, he done great, gave 110% today!" As if someone else who gave 100% has been slacking!!
2 3 ... 6 7
Reply to Topic