Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

HvdWeerden

Original Poster:

1,150 posts

83 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
If there is enough interest I will have another 10 brackets made in Stainless Steel.
Price will be UKP 15,- ex shipping. (Paypal to keep transaction costs low)

So far I have listed :

Scoobimax
PompeyTim
geappleton
greymrj
GadgeS3C




Han

Edited by HvdWeerden on Tuesday 26th June 20:07

PompeyTim

124 posts

83 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
I'll take one please Han.

geappleton

50 posts

84 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
I will take one also many thanksclap

greymrj

1,105 posts

87 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
Count me in too Han, mine is very tatty.cool Easy to pay by paypal when you want.

phillpot

7,613 posts

66 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all


Han if you look close you may see I made a little "mod". drilled a 6mm hole between the spot welds, brazed a nut on and a bolt screwed in to tighten against the valve.

The idea was to stop it moving and scratching the paint (normally there is only a clip at the rear). Still managed to chip the paint so hence the grey tape around it to act as a kind of grommet.
Advertisement

GadgeS3C

3,440 posts

47 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
Yes please Han.

Deeman

700 posts

65 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
YES PLEASE - if still space for my order. Pete

Ragtop

557 posts

84 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
Oldred_V8S - if you're getting one of these for a V8S, check it's suitable. My V8S uses a completely different assembly, which I assumed is to provide different balance for rear disc brakes, but I may be mistaken...



Graham

Barkychoc

7,380 posts

87 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
According to sierra manual V8S and poss later V6 has later brake valve as above.

v8s4me

2,243 posts

102 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
Mine's the same as Ragtop's.

Ragtop

557 posts

84 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
Barkychoc said:
According to sierra manual V8S and poss later V6 has later brake valve as above.
Well spotted.

According to my Sierra manual, "the deceleration control valve is fitted to models with rear drum brakes" eek and the one shown above on my V8S is the "early type" whilst the other is the "later type".

I'll never understand TVRs...

Graham

Ragtop

557 posts

84 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
Ragtop said:
On the plus side, for those so inclined a stainless steel bracket for this one will be a doddle. smile


HvdWeerden

Original Poster:

1,150 posts

83 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
phillpot said:
Han if you look close you may see I made a little "mod". drilled a 6mm hole between the spot welds, brazed a nut on and a bolt screwed in to tighten against the valve.

The idea was to stop it moving and scratching the paint (normally there is only a clip at the rear). Still managed to chip the paint so hence the grey tape around it to act as a kind of grommet.
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the tip , will have a look to improve the bracket.

Han

Deeman

700 posts

65 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
Han, sorry, having read RagTops response I checked the set up on my V8. I also have the different one, so please take me off your list. Apologies. Pete

Oldred_V8S

2,275 posts

121 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
Deeman said:
Han, sorry, having read RagTops response I checked the set up on my V8. I also have the different one, so please take me off your list. Apologies. Pete
Ragtop thanks for the feedback. Having taken a closer look mine is the same as yours.

Han please cancel my order if you would be so kind.
Reply to Topic