Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Streetrod

Original Poster:

5,275 posts

92 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Look I am a dyed in the wool Hotrodder of 35 years standing who also happens to love classics, supercars, boats, planes, basically anything with a large engine that goes fast. Which is why I find this video so entertaining.

It’s a comparison between an Aventador and a Rat Rod (I hate that expression by the way) in Southern California. I love the way this video is structured and some of the conclusions these guys come too. One of the best conclusions is that women apparently prefer the Hotrod.

Personally I am not a fan of the "Rat Rod" look, I prefer my Hotrods to have a little more engineering integrity, but enough of that check out the video, its funthumbup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rArpyMXT2ew&fea...

Mods please don’t move this to the video section as I think it deserves a larger audience

VR6 Turbo

1,434 posts

40 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Streetrod said:
Look I am a dyed in the wool Hotrodder of 35 years standing who also happens to love classics, supercars, boats, planes, basically anything with a large engine that goes fast. Which is why I find this video so entertaining.

It’s a comparison between an Aventador and a Rat Rod (I hate that expression by the way) in Southern California. I love the way this video is structured and some of the conclusions these guys come too. One of the best conclusions is that women apparently prefer the Hotrod.

Personally I am not a fan of the "Rat Rod" look, I prefer my Hotrods to have a little more engineering integrity, but enough of that check out the video, its funthumbup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rArpyMXT2ew&fea...

Mods please don’t move this to the video section as I think it deserves a larger audience
Great video. I would have the sailor jerrys Rod in a heart beat, even if Id look like a total bellend in this country.

LCR265

1,220 posts

47 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Nice video, thanks. Couple of laugh out loud moments in there too.

Fartgalen

4,991 posts

93 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
I guess I'm a dude.

Jamie VTS

708 posts

33 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Thanks, I enjoyed watching that!
Advertisement

cpl_payne

471 posts

69 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Thank you, that was fun to watch! Definitely leaning more towards rat than bling, but that particular one is just too impractical.

Garlick

40,600 posts

126 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Very cool.

Envious of their ability to 'pop to the beach'. God I love California.

Streetrod

Original Poster:

5,275 posts

92 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Garlick said:
Very cool.

Envious of their ability to 'pop to the beach'. God I love California.
Hey you and me both. There is a load of crap than goes down in the States but the whole Hotrod and car culture of Southern California is like a magnet too me. Loads of happy memories

rhinochopig

17,059 posts

84 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Great vid that thanks.

Gaz.

50,238 posts

137 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Not keen on rat rods at all, but a big fan of painted & glazed hotrods.

fozzymandeus

684 posts

32 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
I thought those two were cool.

They managed to yap on about cars for ages without once screaming "POWER" and "WHAT A MACHINE", yet managed to be entertaining.

More of them please.

I like how they deconstructed the Lambo too... they spoke a lot of sense about it, really.

traffman

1,596 posts

95 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
I really enjoyed that !
Thank you !

SteellFJ

498 posts

53 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
really enjoyed that!

two of my favourite cars/styles!

300bhp/ton

29,629 posts

76 months

[news] 
Wednesday 27th June 2012 quote quote all
Cool vid smile

And I love rods. But that thing sucks big time. Such a pointless vehicle frown

Streetrod

Original Poster:

5,275 posts

92 months

[news] 
Thursday 28th June 2012 quote quote all
300bhp/ton said:
Cool vid smile

And I love rods. But that thing sucks big time. Such a pointless vehicle frown
One mans pointless is another mans fun chariot biggrin

300bhp/ton

29,629 posts

76 months

[news] 
Thursday 28th June 2012 quote quote all
Streetrod said:
One mans pointless is another mans fun chariot biggrin
I guess. Although I don't really understand why you'd want to make something that performs badly or worse.

I guess it's the age old divide between the Hot Rodders and Customs/Street Rods. One is built to perform, the other is built to look like it might perform.

Jag-D

19,633 posts

105 months

[news] 
Thursday 28th June 2012 quote quote all
Top video

The Rat Rod looked like hell to drive and a complete pain in the arse...but I still would

irocfan

5,344 posts

76 months

[news] 
Thursday 28th June 2012 quote quote all
Streetrod said:
One mans pointless is another mans fun chariot biggrin
+1

davetibbs

136 posts

32 months

[news] 
Thursday 28th June 2012 quote quote all
I understand (I think!) the point of Rat Rods - to spend all the money on the engine and not give a crap if the body falls apart around it.

So why, then, does the engine in that Rat Rod run like st? I'd at least try to scrape some money together so it could idle properly :P

hairykrishna

9,802 posts

89 months

[news] 
Thursday 28th June 2012 quote quote all
davetibbs said:
I understand (I think!) the point of Rat Rods - to spend all the money on the engine and not give a crap if the body falls apart around it.
That was the original point. These days it seems a term for cars people have deliberately, and at great expense, made to look like they're fked.
2
Reply to Topic