PistonHeads.com Forum

One off one on

Author
Discussion

goldvxr8

Original Poster:

2,758 posts

63 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all





ARAF

19,393 posts

120 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
That bottom picture looks like it's glowing cherry red. hehe

stick100

7,017 posts

65 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
you went for the easy side first then

goldvxr8

Original Poster:

2,758 posts

63 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
stick100 said:
you went for the easy side first then
Er yes will do the next side sume time when I cen

snowwolf

11,004 posts

72 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
goldvxr8 said:
Er yes will do the next side sume time when I cen
These flanges you want made up goldy, are they going to be welded to the original pipe or a new pipe?
I will need the exact outside diameter of the pipe so I can bore it out so it fits nicely to be welded.

jameshsv

5,473 posts

57 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
snowwolf said:
goldvxr8 said:

Er yes will do the next side sume time when I cen


These flanges you want made up goldy, are they going to be welded to the original pipe or a new pipe?
I will need the exact outside diameter of the pipe so I can bore it out so it fits nicely to be welded.
NOW you have confused him and nice start goldylaugh

goldvxr8

Original Poster:

2,758 posts

63 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
snowwolf said:
These flanges you want made up goldy, are they going to be welded to the original pipe or a new pipe?
I will need the exact outside diameter of the pipe so I can bore it out so it fits nicely to be welded.
Hi snowy will be making them up as I go along so if you cen just make them as thay are
I think for now tar 3inch I think thay r

snowwolf

11,004 posts

72 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
goldvxr8 said:
Hi snowy will be making them up as I go along so if you cen just make them as thay are
I think for now tar 3inch I think thay r
Quits a bit of work in making them so will make them but will leave the hole until you know what size you need them bored too, it needs to be a proper fit on your pipe, I know I sound a bit anal about it but for them to last and not crack it has to be a good fit, you dont want to go down the route of welding the pipe to the face of the flange as the weld will fracture.

goldvxr8

Original Poster:

2,758 posts

63 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
snowwolf said:
Quits a bit of work in making them so will make them but will leave the hole until you know what size you need them bored too, it needs to be a proper fit on your pipe, I know I sound a bit anal about it but for them to last and not crack it has to be a good fit, you dont want to go down the route of welding the pipe to the face of the flange as the weld will fracture.
I have seen Sume 3 inch cat on eBay so I will be getting them to go on it at the cost of £119
So if you cen do 3 inch that be good tar

snowwolf

11,004 posts

72 months

Monday 9th July 2012
quotequote all
goldvxr8 said:
I have seen Sume 3 inch cat on eBay so I will be getting them to go on it at the cost of £119
So if you cen do 3 inch that be good tar
ok will do them 3 inch just making sure