PistonHeads.com Forum

Baked Beans

Author
Discussion

TwigtheWonderkid

Original Poster:

19,090 posts

60 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Branston Baked Beans half price in Tesco, 35p a tin. The multipacks aren't reduced so it's much cheaper to by the singles.

As a baked bean eater of many decades experience, I think Branston make the best baked beans on the market. Far better than Heinz, whose baked beans are completely overrated imho.

That's all.

bebee

3,941 posts

135 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
TwigtheWonderkid said:
I think Branston make the best baked beans on the market.

That's all.
bks........ Chef's Larder.

TwigtheWonderkid

Original Poster:

19,090 posts

60 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
bebee said:
bks........ Chef's Larder.
Interesting. Never heard of them. Where can you get them. I'm always up for trying a new baked bean!

Arun_D

2,042 posts

105 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Been meaning to try Branston beans after the same comments about them were made here a while back.

I tend to agree about Heinz beans. Currently buying Tesco's own brand, but it can be overly sweet. Will give Branston or this other one a go, thanks.

mrsshpub

695 posts

94 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Heinz Five Beanz with a dash of Tabasco. lick
Advertisement

sherman

6,421 posts

125 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
TwigtheWonderkid said:
bebee said:
bks........ Chef's Larder.
Interesting. Never heard of them. Where can you get them. I'm always up for trying a new baked bean!
Chefs larder is a brand comonly found in the hospitality trade so it should be available from almost every cash and carry.

The only problem is that it will come in catering size tins.

zetec

3,777 posts

161 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Tesco's own brand beans are rank, I don't mean the dirt cheap ones either. Even the Mrs who hardly notices anything in food said they were yuk. Heinz or Branston for me.

gog440

8,036 posts

100 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Cant remember the name but the ones from Aldi are just as good as the Branston ones.

Symbolica

10,695 posts

125 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Branston are purveyors of the superior bean. Heinz come close for taste, but they always seem too watery.

Hackney

4,720 posts

118 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
TwigtheWonderkid said:
Branston Baked Beans half price in Tesco, 35p a tin. The multipacks aren't reduced so it's much cheaper to by the singles.

As a baked bean eater of many decades experience, I think Branston make the best baked beans on the market. Far better than Heinz, whose baked beans are completely overrated imho.

That's all.
Branson typically only sell on promotion so at a guess the multipack will be on promo shortly after the single run promotion ends.

Retailers would delist Branston if it wasn't for the heavy promotion programme

bebee

3,941 posts

135 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
sherman said:
TwigtheWonderkid said:
bebee said:
bks........ Chef's Larder.
Interesting. Never heard of them. Where can you get them. I'm always up for trying a new baked bean!
Chefs larder is a brand comonly found in the hospitality trade so it should be available from almost every cash and carry.

The only problem is that it will come in catering size tins.
This is correct, and I'm the very trade.

TwigtheWonderkid

Original Poster:

19,090 posts

60 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
bebee said:
sherman said:
TwigtheWonderkid said:
bebee said:
bks........ Chef's Larder.
Interesting. Never heard of them. Where can you get them. I'm always up for trying a new baked bean!
Chefs larder is a brand comonly found in the hospitality trade so it should be available from almost every cash and carry.

The only problem is that it will come in catering size tins.
This is correct, and I'm the very trade.
What the hell I am going to do with a tin of beans the size of an oil drum? If it isn't in a 410g tin, you can poke it!

spikeyhead

10,162 posts

107 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
mrsshpub said:
Heinz Five Beanz with a dash of Tabasco. lick
Don't you find that each of the five types of bean takes a different time to "digest" resulting in five separate periods of flatulence?

sherman

6,421 posts

125 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
TwigtheWonderkid said:
What the hell I am going to do with a tin of beans the size of an oil drum? If it isn't in a 410g tin, you can poke it!
You can get them in 840g size tins or 2.62kg tins . I can only find the 840g tins in 6 packs though . hehe

mrsshpub

695 posts

94 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
spikeyhead said:
mrsshpub said:
Heinz Five Beanz with a dash of Tabasco. lick
Don't you find that each of the five types of bean takes a different time to "digest" resulting in five separate periods of flatulence?
Is that really the sort of question you should be asking a lady? wink

Arun_D

2,042 posts

105 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Sounds like a 'yes' then smile

zcacogp

11,239 posts

154 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
'Nother vote for Branstons beans here. Nice to know I am not the only one.

Thanks for the heads-up on the offer. Will try and buy some ...


Oli.

DocJock

4,092 posts

150 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Branston's Bloomin' Big are the baked bean of choice in our household.

HOGEPH

4,452 posts

96 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
gog440 said:
Cant remember the name but the ones from Aldi are just as good as the Branston ones.
I am a Branston fan, but will give those a try on your recommendation!

RicksAlfas

7,164 posts

154 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
Branston for me too.
They taste like the old HP recipe to me.

Never liked Heinz. Watery and smoky.
yuck