Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

andydw

Original Poster:

252 posts

39 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
Picked my cerb up from racing Green yesterday, and they have a Typhon there, in a rather revolting pink. (I mean, pink??) Chap said they built it from bits left over but didn't know anything else. Can anybody shed some light on this - I thought all the Typhons were accounted for. Just curious is all.

V8 GRF

6,647 posts

94 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
andydw said:
Picked my cerb up from racing Green yesterday, and they have a Typhon there, in a rather revolting pink. (I mean, pink??) Chap said they built it from bits left over but didn't know anything else. Can anybody shed some light on this - I thought all the Typhons were accounted for. Just curious is all.
You're correct all the factory ones have been accounted for so this one must be from bits and pieces, there was a spare chassis in the Weham 'Barn' when TVR where in there a few years ago so maybe it's based on that.

Are you sure the pink was paint, hopefully it was primer?

Cats

587 posts

58 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
Just been in there and got blank looks from everyone.
Not been on the wacky baccy have you? laugh

andydw

Original Poster:

252 posts

39 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
Cats said:
Just been in there and got blank looks from everyone.
Not been on the wacky baccy have you? laugh
I swear to god it was there. In a locked up cage sort of affair at the back of the workshop. Wish I'd bloody photographed it now. It appeared complete, maybe it was in for some work?

Cats

587 posts

58 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
Only Donkeyapple's orange one - perhaps the lights were a bit strange (or the wacky baccy lol)
Advertisement

andydw

Original Poster:

252 posts

39 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Cats said:
Only Donkeyapple's orange one - perhaps the lights were a bit strange (or the wacky baccy lol)
I suppose it could have been orange but not a vivid orange. Chris, who mans the showroom on sundays, said it was built by them but had no other info. Got a pic of donkeyapple's car?

V8 GRF

6,647 posts

94 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
This


andydw

Original Poster:

252 posts

39 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
V8 GRF said:
This

Hmmmm. S'pose it's possible. Do we know if it was in that weekend - and why Chris said they'd built it?

andydw

Original Poster:

252 posts

39 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
I think this is it (taken from an old thread on the car)




One post in that thread said:

"The owner has given exclusive rights to the release of information about his car to Sprint magazine.
Sprint have decided that they will publish the full specification and the build report as a single article at the end of the build period.
May I therefore ask that everyone remain patient, respect the owner's wishes and wait for the Sprint article to appear later this year.
Best Regards, Chas at Racing Green TVR."

This was in 2010, so based on my experience with RG they are probably still working on it! Unless someone knows different....

This is the original thread:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...

Don1

10,646 posts

92 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Donkeyapple has had his car for over a year now - it's in for stuff... (I'm sure he'll be along in a bit!)

quattrophenia

1,021 posts

82 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Don1 said:
Donkeyapple has had his car for over a year now - it's in for stuff... (I'm sure he'll be along in a bit!)
I'm sure he will if his pride and joy has been painted pink whilst in for the tappets adjusting

DonkeyApple

16,450 posts

53 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
quattrophenia said:
Don1 said:
Donkeyapple has had his car for over a year now - it's in for stuff... (I'm sure he'll be along in a bit!)
I'm sure he will if his pride and joy has been painted pink whilst in for the tappets adjusting
wink

It's currently having a broken electric window fixed. biggrin


DonkeyApple

16,450 posts

53 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
andydw said:
V8 GRF said:
This

Hmmmm. S'pose it's possible. Do we know if it was in that weekend - and why Chris said they'd built it?
I'm not sure why either. wink

It was built by Trevor Cooper and his team in the factory in 2004.



Don1

10,646 posts

92 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
DonkeyApple said:
wink

It's currently having a broken electric window fixed. biggrin
Mine is in at the moment as well...

DonkeyApple

16,450 posts

53 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Don1 said:
Mine is in at the moment as well...
Mine should have been out this week but upon fitting the mended window controller it was discovered that there was also an issue with the switch so that has been sent off now.

Hopefully it will be sorted in time for the TitT event but I suspect not.

What's up with yours?

Don1

10,646 posts

92 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Nothing bad (except the bill) - small service, MOT, tracker fitting, rear lights being sorted and that's it.

Might have to break out TVR #2 for the Thunder...

andydw

Original Poster:

252 posts

39 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
DonkeyApple said:
wink

It's currently having a broken electric window fixed. biggrin
Is that your car in the pic I posted from the other thread - the one with the top-secret spec? Cos that looks pink (ish)

DonkeyApple

16,450 posts

53 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
andydw said:
Is that your car in the pic I posted from the other thread - the one with the top-secret spec? Cos that looks pink (ish)
Yes. smile.

It has a tendency to look somewhat flat and salmon pink under fluorescent lighting.

Not a great fan of the colour but it is the original colour and I decided not to change it for that purpose.

My gut feeling is that TVR skimped on the number of coats really needed. Although it was rather dirty when I dropped it off, which doesn't help.

Not sure why someone is saying it was built from bits though. This is the only one TVR fitted with SC and participated in the infamous spinning episode when their sequential box locked up at speed. biggrin

All we've done is fit an RG FFF engine and gearbox. The car did come from Multipart with several boxes of Typhon bits and bobs and spare parts.

andydw

Original Poster:

252 posts

39 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
DonkeyApple said:
Yes. smile.

It has a tendency to look somewhat flat and salmon pink under fluorescent lighting.

Not a great fan of the colour but it is the original colour and I decided not to change it for that purpose.

My gut feeling is that TVR skimped on the number of coats really needed. Although it was rather dirty when I dropped it off, which doesn't help.

Not sure why someone is saying it was built from bits though. This is the only one TVR fitted with SC and participated in the infamous spinning episode when their sequential box locked up at speed. biggrin

All we've done is fit an RG FFF engine and gearbox. The car did come from Multipart with several boxes of Typhon bits and bobs and spare parts.
Ah, so the mystery is resolved. Thought another Typhon had surfaced, its the ultimate TVR in my eyes, I would kill to own one.

Sorry to dis the colour but it didn't look good in that light, understand why you've not changed it in a way, though you have changed engine and gearbox. I'm sure it gives you much pleasure.

DonkeyApple

16,450 posts

53 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
andydw said:
Ah, so the mystery is resolved. Thought another Typhon had surfaced, its the ultimate TVR in my eyes, I would kill to own one.

Sorry to dis the colour but it didn't look good in that light, understand why you've not changed it in a way, though you have changed engine and gearbox. I'm sure it gives you much pleasure.
I don't mind remarks about the colour. smile

When we got it the engine and gearbox were out. The gearbox was standard so we replaced it with a high torque unit with a very high final drive for long distance cruising. The engine was built for FI and as TVR couldn't get it to work and no one since has managed a marketable solution we option for a newly built FFF unit.

Variable cam timing is on the list over winter and then a final tidy up and it'll be complete. But even in its current guise it's an amazing mile muncher.
2
Reply to Topic