PistonHeads.com Forum

Huayra/Veyron Video from EVO

Huayra/Veyron Video from EVO

Author
Discussion

spydersingh

Original Poster:

693 posts

112 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all

Justices

3,046 posts

61 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all

burwoodman

3,263 posts

143 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
harry breaks wind at 1.36

Pork

8,862 posts

131 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Love that when reviewing the Euro 1.8m Veyron, Harry says "girls will love this" haha...

Cheib

9,968 posts

72 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Anyone else find Harry's amaterish wobbly head production annoying ? He's reviewing £2mil's worth of cars and producing something that most 14yr old kids could better technically. Mr Harris's vids are night and day in comparison.

Pork

8,862 posts

131 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
burwoodman said:
harry breaks wind at 1.36
hehe

JazzyO

1,115 posts

78 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Huayra sounds terrible in my view. And what's with that colour lighting stuff? Really Horacio, that's just naff.


Onno

AndrewD

5,692 posts

181 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
JazzyO said:
Huayra sounds terrible in my view
I fully agree

raptor600

1,356 posts

43 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Why is he so amazed by the lights which change colour? My sisters Mini One does that!

raptor600

1,356 posts

43 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
AndrewD said:
JazzyO said:
Huayra sounds terrible in my view
I fully agree
I could not disagree more. I think it sounds epic.

AndrewD

5,692 posts

181 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
raptor600 said:
AndrewD said:
JazzyO said:
Huayra sounds terrible in my view
I fully agree
I could not disagree more. I think it sounds epic.
All power to your elbow. It sounds like a bus - let me know when you get those ear transplants wink

JazzyO

1,115 posts

78 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
raptor600 said:
I think it sounds epic.
Can you explain what is epic about it? Where is the proper supercar howl? To me is sounds like a Dyson.


Onno

Streetrod

5,498 posts

103 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
JazzyO said:
raptor600 said:
I think it sounds epic.
Can you explain what is epic about it? Where is the proper supercar howl? To me is sounds like a Dyson.


Onno
I hear what your saying (See what I did there?) But who says that all supercars have to sound like those that have gone before?

will_

5,118 posts

100 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
AndrewD said:
JazzyO said:
Huayra sounds terrible in my view
I fully agree
Me too.

But it does shift though!

Afraid the Huayra is not a car I'd aspire to own, unlike the Zonda.

graeme4130

1,693 posts

78 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Streetrod said:
JazzyO said:
raptor600 said:
I think it sounds epic.
Can you explain what is epic about it? Where is the proper supercar howl? To me is sounds like a Dyson.


Onno
I hear what your saying (See what I did there?) But who says that all supercars have to sound like those that have gone before?
I think it's fair to say that lots of the 'noise' will be lost through the recording and then reproduction of whatever you'll be watching the video on
Fwiw, it isn't sound that great at FOS

Vid would've been a whole load better if he'd driven the Bugatti

LongLiveTazio

2,670 posts

94 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Streetrod said:
I hear what your saying (See what I did there?) But who says that all supercars have to sound like those that have gone before?
Veyron: slagged off for sounding 'industrial'.

Huayra: praised for sounding 'different', the implication being that one has to attune one's ears to Horacio's ethos...

Still haven't seen anything about it I like. I find it bizarre that the editor of a mag which has criticised cars for dubious Halfords-esque add-ons is entranced by colour-changing lights and heavily lacquered carbon fibre. Jeez. It's all trinketry and baubles, fair play if people like it but certainly not my cup of tea.

AndrewD

5,692 posts

181 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
I take what evo say about Pagani with a pinch of salt personally, they're too close to it all IMO

Cheib

9,968 posts

72 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
AndrewD said:
raptor600 said:
AndrewD said:
JazzyO said:
Huayra sounds terrible in my view
I fully agree
I could not disagree more. I think it sounds epic.
All power to your elbow. It sounds like a bus - let me know when you get those ear transplants wink
I'm in the bus camp.....sounds god awful

Petrolhead95

6,621 posts

51 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
I couldn't imagine keeping my sanity for very long in that car, that noise was starting to annoy me after a few minutes.

crimbo

1,082 posts

125 months

Saturday 20th October 2012
quotequote all
Seems to ride and sound like a milk float. Zonda for me please