Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

carreraboy

Original Poster:

798 posts

103 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
Here are the results some interesting readings ....

Mark Freeman 964 Carrera 2 3.8 Motec 327 BHP Flywheel 275 BHP Back Wheels

John Liles Orange 964 Carrera 2 3.6 298 BHP Flywheel 248 BHP Back Wheels

Steve Henson Standard 996 Carrera Cup GT3 413 BHP Flywheel 350 BHP Back Wheels

Kevin Sheehan Standard 89 LE 930 3.3 Turbo 330 BHP Flywheel 277 Back Wheels

Andrew Gibson 997 Carrera 2 367 BHP Flywheel 297 BHP Back Wheels

Richard Salmons 968CS Standard 233 BHP Flywheel 186 BHP Back Wheels

Nick Ramsey 993 Turbo 384.5 BHP Flywheel 330 BHP Back Wheels

Stewart Rix 993 Turbo 375 BHP

Kirk Nunn 993 Standard C2 Targa Varioram 291 BHP Flywheel 243 BHP Backwheels

Alasdair Mackenzie 993 C4S 309 BHP Flywheel 256 BHP Back Wheels

Marcus Ogilvey 964 Carrera 2 249 BHP Flywheel 207 BHP Back Wheels

_________________________

TEAM LEICHTBAU RACING

DR. Gafa Team Manager

Perfect Line (Minty) through Eau Rouge below
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dWxPamCQ9EM

ZWANZIG JAHRE T-SHIRTS only £10!
http://www.londonprintservice.com/porschepromo.htm...

Edited by carreraboy on Wednesday 10th October 11:47


Edited by carreraboy on Friday 12th October 09:55


Edited by carreraboy on Friday 12th October 09:56

MadMark911

1,567 posts

34 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
Interesting reading - all we need now is a 997 GT2/3 day! smile

Gibbo205

1,710 posts

92 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
Hi there

Was a great day and happy with my result. smile

MadMark911

1,567 posts

34 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
Gibbo205 said:
Hi there

Was a great day and happy with my result. smile
I think yours is called "a useful improvement on standard"! smile I would love to have known what my C2S was outputting .....

Gibbo205

1,710 posts

92 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
MadMark911 said:
I think yours is called "a useful improvement on standard"! smile I would love to have known what my C2S was outputting .....
What was done to yours m8?
Advertisement

nxi20

470 posts

90 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
carreraboy said:
Here are the results some interesting readings ....

Nick Ramsey 993 Turbo non run GT2 Actuators Fault
I don't know how this was missed, but my car did run successfully & I have the printout to prove it!

Engine: 384.5 bhp
Wheel: 330 bhp
Torque: 551 Nm (406 lbs/ft)

red997

342 posts

94 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
not wishing to stir the hornets nest, but are you sure on accurate power measurement ?
the 996 cup car seems high to me..

nxi20

470 posts

90 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
Would that be because yours was somewhat lower David wink

[fx]ducks for cover[/fx]

fioran0

1,824 posts

57 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
red997 said:
not wishing to stir the hornets nest, but are you sure on accurate power measurement ?
the 996 cup car seems high to me..
What year was the cup?
The wheel figure is about right for an early car

Edited by fioran0 on Wednesday 10th October 11:40

carreraboy

Original Poster:

798 posts

103 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
nxi20 said:
I don't know how this was missed, but my car did run successfully & I have the printout to prove it!

Engine: 384.5 bhp
Wheel: 330 bhp
Torque: 551 Nm (406 lbs/ft)
Very very very very sorry .... must have misunderstood Bob

MadMark911

1,567 posts

34 months

[news] 
Thursday 11th October 2012 quote quote all
Gibbo205 said:
What was done to yours m8?
Hi Gibbo - I think mine had some similar stuff to yours in the BMC Filter and the X51 Exhaust Manifolds (which probably did more for mid range torque than anything); but I had the IPD pleneum too.

MM.

carreraboy

Original Poster:

798 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 11th October 2012 quote quote all
The Cup Car is totally standard, other than a regular exhaust for track day compliance with the original Cup exhaust taken off, so presumably would have mad more than 413BHP .... Impressed with the 993 Targa again standard ..... and the 930 Turbo, which was dyno'd 15 years ago and exactly same result!

Will be having another day at Bob's next year probably October again and would like to invite all Pistonheaders to Join the Modifeid Register at Bob's again, well supported chaps ...

Magna

774 posts

68 months

[news] 
Thursday 11th October 2012 quote quote all
Anyone got any pics from the day?

carreraboy

Original Poster:

798 posts

103 months

stewart rix

159 posts

102 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
nxi20 said:
carreraboy said:
Here are the results some interesting readings ....

Nick Ramsey 993 Turbo non run GT2 Actuators Fault
I don't know how this was missed, but my car did run successfully & I have the printout to prove it!

Engine: 384.5 bhp
Wheel: 330 bhp
Torque: 551 Nm (406 lbs/ft)
That was mine that had the boost issue. Bob managed to get a reading of 375 engine bhp on less than WOT. He had tried a run twice on WOT and there was a big [turbo] pressure release each time, with boost fluctuating. The actuators are indeed from a GT2 (replaced by Bob a few months ago as he tried to track down a low boost issue), and the 'cycle valve' controller was also replaced before that. Now going to replace the cut off (dump/diverter) valves. Maybe next time I might get closer to the theoretical 430bhp rolleyes

STiG911

748 posts

52 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
The glow from under the 930!!! yikes

carreraboy

Original Poster:

798 posts

103 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
stewart rix said:
That was mine that had the boost issue. Bob managed to get a reading of 375 engine bhp on less than WOT. He had tried a run twice on WOT and there was a big [turbo] pressure release each time, with boost fluctuating. The actuators are indeed from a GT2 (replaced by Bob a few months ago as he tried to track down a low boost issue), and the 'cycle valve' controller was also replaced before that. Now going to replace the cut off (dump/diverter) valves. Maybe next time I might get closer to the theoretical 430bhp rolleyes
Sorry Stewart no added to list .... was a very busy day for me ..... thanks for coming.

Wozy68

3,097 posts

55 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
STiG911 said:
The glow from under the 930!!! yikes
eekeekeek fking ell


carreraboy

Original Poster:

798 posts

103 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
That Turbo glowing red!

red997

342 posts

94 months

[news] 
Tuesday 16th October 2012 quote quote all
lol
@Nick
had a very erratic initial reading from Bob -
others were far more consistent
2
Reply to Topic