Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 31 32
34 35 ... 53 54
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

callmedave

1,527 posts

33 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
tim2100 said:
callmedave said:
Drive a bit more carefully!

Ive done 8 deliveries and serviced the truck once wink
Pah, no fun in that! I may have made contact with a car/sign/barrier once or ten times hehe
Yes, its a very realistic sim, isnt it!? smile

Alex@POD

3,788 posts

103 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
LouD86 said:
Where is this whole money cheat business?

I fancy a 2nd profile to find out what I can do, planning wise.

Can you unlock upgrades earlier?

Thanks!
On my previous profile I used a program called "Cheat Engine", you point it at the running program you want to "cheat" on, find the value you want to change (money, xp, whatever), and change it. Simple as that.

It's not a cheat in the gaming sense of the term, where you do some tricky code thing to "unlock all mods" for example, but if you ramp up your xp all the mods will be unlocked.

Be warned though, it takes away from the appeal of the game and makes it a little pointless imho.

sunoco69

4,019 posts

53 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
Shame there isn't a US version of this. Fancy doing coast to coast or Route 66 lol.

smartypants

22,248 posts

57 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
Bad news: Demo has run out.

Good news: Full game has arrived


smile

callmedave

1,527 posts

33 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
sunoco69 said:
Shame there isn't a US version of this. Fancy doing coast to coast or Route 66 lol.
There is a US trucking game, think it was '18 wheels of steel' or something similar. its not as good as this but it is american routes, picking/dropping freight, buy a truck, hire drivers etc.

Maybe theres a mod to add 'merica, - is there a mod to add destinations (more cities/countries) to ETS2?
Advertisement

vonuber

6,500 posts

53 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
tim2100 said:
This came yesterday.

So far, I did a couple of jobs and then jumped for a Bank loan and brought a poverty spec truck.

I serviced the truck then did one job, earned ~6,000 and then the truck needed a service which the tab told me it was ~8,500.

Dammit.
Pff, I've had service bills in the 40k region.

Caulkhead

4,938 posts

45 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
tim2100 said:
callmedave said:
Drive a bit more carefully!

Ive done 8 deliveries and serviced the truck once wink
Pah, no fun in that! I may have made contact with a car/sign/barrier once or ten times hehe
Dunno what truck you drive but I found the 6x2 chassis has the most grip and 4x2 the least in tighter corners so if you're losing it on corners try the 6x2.

I've just added a sixth garage but instead of stocking it with 6x2 500bhp versions from each manufacturer, I've filled it with a max spec 6x4 Renault, Volvo, Scania, MAN and Merc all tricked out with custom paint and loaded with accessories. I've then transferred my top drivers to one of these top trucks as a promotion. I think I may be playing it too much. frown

MysteryLemon

4,295 posts

79 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
Alex@POD said:
On my previous profile I used a program called "Cheat Engine", you point it at the running program you want to "cheat" on, find the value you want to change (money, xp, whatever), and change it. Simple as that.

It's not a cheat in the gaming sense of the term, where you do some tricky code thing to "unlock all mods" for example, but if you ramp up your xp all the mods will be unlocked.

Be warned though, it takes away from the appeal of the game and makes it a little pointless imho.
I always thought of these programs as being called a trainer. Atleast that's what I've found them called for a number of games in the past.

shakotan

7,051 posts

84 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
callmedave said:
sunoco69 said:
Shame there isn't a US version of this. Fancy doing coast to coast or Route 66 lol.
There is a US trucking game, think it was '18 wheels of steel' or something similar. its not as good as this but it is american routes, picking/dropping freight, buy a truck, hire drivers etc.

Maybe theres a mod to add 'merica, - is there a mod to add destinations (more cities/countries) to ETS2?
Not a mod, but there is to be an official 'Eastern European' expansion pack shortly.

Alex@POD

3,788 posts

103 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
MysteryLemon said:
I always thought of these programs as being called a trainer. Atleast that's what I've found them called for a number of games in the past.
They may well be, I was only quoting what it says under the icon on my desktop thumbup

sunoco69

4,019 posts

53 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
Cheat Happens has "trainer" that allows all skills, money, no damage and something else that i cant remember.

Spoils the game though.

Maty

966 posts

101 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
Had a nightmare before!

Spent all my money bar €400 on a new truck, didn't realise you had to pay 1500 to hire a driver! No worries, new truck can sit there and I'll just do another job. Picked up a 500 mile journey to Strasbourg then realised I would be playing the fuel light game towards the end. No matter my one and only staff member was due to finish a job in 10 hours so I'd get an income from that and then fill up.

Didn't work out like that, crashed twice (38% damage) and got 2 fines. Cue going over drawn and the bank having to give me an overdraft. I refuse to get loans! Finished up arriving in Strasbourg with only fumes to spare, in desperate need of a rest and the Volvo constantly cutting out!

Profit from job spent on fuel, repairs, some sleep and a new guy called Jorge who was the best of a bad bunch!

No money left again now!

How do you make drivers more efficient? The first one is only 11% efficient, this is not acceptable!

dudleybloke

8,671 posts

74 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
started playing the demo this afternoon. i think i need to buy a controller though as keys are a bit crap.

Alex@POD

3,788 posts

103 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
Maty said:
Had a nightmare before!

Spent all my money bar €400 on a new truck, didn't realise you had to pay 1500 to hire a driver! No worries, new truck can sit there and I'll just do another job. Picked up a 500 mile journey to Strasbourg then realised I would be playing the fuel light game towards the end. No matter my one and only staff member was due to finish a job in 10 hours so I'd get an income from that and then fill up.

Didn't work out like that, crashed twice (38% damage) and got 2 fines. Cue going over drawn and the bank having to give me an overdraft. I refuse to get loans! Finished up arriving in Strasbourg with only fumes to spare, in desperate need of a rest and the Volvo constantly cutting out!

Profit from job spent on fuel, repairs, some sleep and a new guy called Jorge who was the best of a bad bunch!

No money left again now!

How do you make drivers more efficient? The first one is only 11% efficient, this is not acceptable!
The new drivers will get there as they improve over time, for the overdraft I wouldn't worry too much, the bank don't usually start chasing for a while and you make the money back pretty quickly!

JayT

10,974 posts

45 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
I have rolled my first truck today! bounce

44mph, corner and me trying to prove a point to a blue Megane estate. I finished across the entire junction, diagonal and on my side! hehe

gog440

6,887 posts

78 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
JayT said:
I have rolled my first truck today! bounce

44mph, corner and me trying to prove a point to a blue Megane estate. I finished across the entire junction, diagonal and on my side! hehe
Poor effort there jt

Trying to get a load of ore to somewhere tonight I put the bd thing on its side, on its roof, jacknifed it and had a multi vehicle accident. Most of the crashes caused by trying to make up time after the first crash, the bloody load seemed to move around a lot and kept throwing me off the road. I made a 30k loss on that run frown

FiF

24,390 posts

139 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
Been having a trawl through the mods to see if there is one for realistic drivers hours regs, but there doesn't seem to be one. Which is a shame, as the game is too easy. 50k euro for taking a JCB from Torino to Edinburgh. Yep that's real. Still took the job mind.

On a similar note, does anyone know if the time on a longer ferry crossing counts as rest hours? I know the rules IRL, obviously, but wondered about the game engine.

sidaorb

5,002 posts

94 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th March 2013 quote quote all
FiF said:
On a similar note, does anyone know if the time on a longer ferry crossing counts as rest hours? I know the rules IRL, obviously, but wondered about the game engine.
Yep fresh as a daisy after the long crossings.

redtwin

7,277 posts

70 months

[news] 
Wednesday 6th March 2013 quote quote all
FiF said:
On a similar note, does anyone know if the time on a longer ferry crossing counts as rest hours?
Does it not in reality?. I would have thought that if the truck is switched off for the required minimum time for a rest (assuming that is the case in the UK) then it could be counted as rest as you couldn't be unloading or anything else of the sort.

crazy about cars

3,856 posts

57 months

[news] 
Wednesday 6th March 2013 quote quote all
Sounds very realistic. Did anyone check the truck stops for prostittutes?
1 2 ... 31 32
34 35 ... 53 54
Reply to Topic