PistonHeads.com Forum

Pagani Huayra

Author
Discussion

Storer

Original Poster:

4,129 posts

122 months

Monday 28th January 2013
quotequote all
One very special motor car.

The attention to detail is astounding.

And quick too. Getting close to the Ultima GTR720 on road tyres at a bit over 1min 13secs on Top Gear last night (yes, I'm sad).

Shame I will never be in the position of having the funds to spend £800K + on a car.

Ah well, back to my slow old GTR then!!!!!!!!!



Paul

dandare

504 posts

161 months

Tuesday 29th January 2013
quotequote all
Ok, I won't ignore you. smile
I think the Huayra looks really good too. Great details, some good styling points, and of course very fast. Much nicer than the Zonda, which looks, from the rear at least, like a home-made car, or so I always thought.

V8Dom

3,285 posts

109 months

Wednesday 30th January 2013
quotequote all
yes looks better but will never sound as good

Why oh why doesnt the factory give them a car to take on the track..Dom

Steve_D

10,104 posts

165 months

Thursday 31st January 2013
quotequote all
V8Dom said:
.....Why oh why doesnt the factory give them a car to take on the track..Dom
We've done this many times.

They don't want one on the show because it will piss all over the existing times then the likes of Pagani will never come back = end of the show.

Steve

spatz

1,783 posts

93 months

Saturday 2nd February 2013
quotequote all
could not have said it better !
Advertisement

epom

4,088 posts

68 months

Wednesday 13th January
quotequote all
The Silence surrounding this car baffles me to be honest. Very rarely spoken about. Very rarely included in any magazine tests. I know its not included in the Holy Trinity of Hypercars, but price wise it is certainly knocking on the same doors.
Has it been a flop ??

Gecko1978

1,308 posts

64 months

Wednesday 13th January
quotequote all
there are so few of them about its not relevant (Pagani in general) to the holly Trinity brands of Porsche Ferrari an Mclaren who have all competed at Le Man and in F1 (porsche v long ago). Still having been to the factory if I were super rich I would have one.

+49

69 posts

95 months

Wednesday 13th January
quotequote all
Gecko1978 said:
there are so few of them about its not relevant (Pagani in general) to the holly Trinity brands of Porsche Ferrari an Mclaren who have all competed at Le Man and in F1 (porsche v long ago). Still having been to the factory if I were super rich I would have one.
You say that but the Zonda seem to be mentioned and included in a lot more reviews back in the day than the Huayra does? And nobody knew what a Pagani was at all back then! At least there slightly more established now having the Zonda to their credit. Strange one really I personally think it’s the looks,Bit marmite even though I like it myself

DanPhoto

112 posts

29 months

Thursday 14th January
quotequote all
A Huayra needs to be seen close up to be fully appreciated. Detail-wise its faultless. For me, the interior is far and away the most impressive of any car. But I think the 'wide mouth' front end is what turns a lot of people off.
Check out the leaked pics of the new Huayra BC. It looks like they've closed up the front grill slightly making it look more aggressive.

will_

5,206 posts

110 months

Monday 18th January
quotequote all
epom said:
The Silence surrounding this car baffles me to be honest. Very rarely spoken about. Very rarely included in any magazine tests. I know its not included in the Holy Trinity of Hypercars, but price wise it is certainly knocking on the same doors.
Has it been a flop ??
It has a tough act to follow and, in my view, the Huayra doesn't appeal anywhere near as much as the Zonda, particularly on looks.

There are also very few about (relatively speaking) so they are somewhat more "off radar" - this is then a self-fulfilling prophecy that they aren't talked about as much!

red_duke

623 posts

88 months

Monday 18th January
quotequote all
Perhaps there's no enthusiasm for turbo engined cars at the Huayra's price point unless they're exotic hybrids?

MDL111

853 posts

84 months

Monday 18th January
quotequote all
red_duke said:
Perhaps there's no enthusiasm for turbo engined cars at the Huayra's price point unless they're exotic hybrids?
It does nothing for me - looks and engine - but I thought commercially they are a success - loads sold in the US and Asia/ME

epom

4,088 posts

68 months

Tuesday 19th January
quotequote all
A lot of sense spoken guys cheers. Hadn't really factored in the Far East tbh.