Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

giggle

Original Poster:

427 posts

132 months

[news] 
Friday 19th April 2013 quote quote all
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/f...

Is this looking like a lot of Ferrari for the money in todays mad world or?

dom9

3,827 posts

96 months

[news] 
Friday 19th April 2013 quote quote all
giggle said:
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/f...

Is this looking like a lot of Ferrari for the money in todays mad world or?
I was thinking this, only the other day!

MitchT

8,252 posts

96 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th April 2013 quote quote all
I can still remember when you could pick one up for half that!

037

458 posts

34 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th April 2013 quote quote all
Is that car 'sitting' correctly ?

911944

186 posts

43 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th April 2013 quote quote all
When you consider it has the wrong wheels on and sold at auction for circa £70k a few months back, that particular car isn't good value.

The BB range in general is undervalued though, in my opinion.
Advertisement

giggle

Original Poster:

427 posts

132 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th April 2013 quote quote all
Great info already smile

Whats the most collectable BB and price today?

Any about?

giggle

Original Poster:

427 posts

132 months

JazzyO

1,115 posts

68 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th April 2013 quote quote all
Price is the worst driver for a Boxer purchase. Please take your time, look at several, drive several, and buy the best you can afford. Purchase price only smarts for a little while, feeding a dog smarts for a lot longer.

Personally I much prefer carb Boxers, but it depends what you prefer yourself. I would recommend trying to drive all models, they really are all quite different in character.

The best bargain was my own Boxer BTW, sold for way too little in Feb. frown Needs must and all that.

Onno

POORCARDEALER

7,151 posts

128 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th April 2013 quote quote all
One of the best shapes ever.

Seriously rapid and fantastic noise....

IMI A

3,229 posts

88 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th April 2013 quote quote all
Pretty expensive to keep in tip top health

kbird

221 posts

94 months

[news] 
Sunday 21st April 2013 quote quote all
I looked at this car this week, I was expecting concours for the money, it wasn't....

Edited by kbird on Sunday 21st April 13:59

Elex

329 posts

96 months

[news] 
Sunday 21st April 2013 quote quote all
Have the vendors explained why the car has 365 wheels on it?

6th Gear

1,940 posts

81 months

[news] 
Sunday 21st April 2013 quote quote all




10 out of 10.

Now that's a Ferrari.


Jonty355

4,081 posts

100 months

[news] 
Monday 22nd April 2013 quote quote all
I drove a Ferrari 512 BB a few months back and it was such a sweet thing to drive. Steering and clutch weren't as heavy as I expected, and the old girl still felt planted in the bends. And my god did she make a good noise!!!!

Definitely an undervalued car, I guess in some ways its the predocessor to the 288 GTO?

TIGA84

3,697 posts

118 months

wessexrfc

4,042 posts

73 months

[news] 
Monday 22nd April 2013 quote quote all
TIGA84 said:
Not quite up to speed with the exchange rate!!!! biglaugh

456mgt

2,121 posts

153 months

[news] 
Monday 22nd April 2013 quote quote all
TIGA84 said:
I reckon that's exactly the right spec for one of these- carbs and LHD. Carb'd cars make more power (and noise) and if you look at the location of the gear lever, it stays there for RHD, they just bend the lever itself...

Hornsey Boy

5 posts

56 months

[news] 
Monday 22nd April 2013 quote quote all
Undervalued cars in today’s classic car market

Strangely Jensen Buttons one was doing the rounds of the auction houses after it failed to sell at Bonhams a while back

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19280/lot/337/

Think one of the second league auction houses sold it end for about £75k last year, now that was a bargain

POORCARDEALER

7,151 posts

128 months

[news] 
Monday 22nd April 2013 quote quote all
Hornsey Boy said:
Undervalued cars in today’s classic car market

Strangely Jensen Buttons one was doing the rounds of the auction houses after it failed to sell at Bonhams a while back

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19280/lot/337/

Think one of the second league auction houses sold it end for about £75k last year, now that was a bargain
Fairly sure that's the car that was in JCT600s showmroom for several years in the 90s

subirg

300 posts

163 months

[news] 
Monday 22nd April 2013 quote quote all
Jonty355 said:
I drove a Ferrari 512 BB a few months back and it was such a sweet thing to drive. Steering and clutch weren't as heavy as I expected, and the old girl still felt planted in the bends. And my god did she make a good noise!!!!

Definitely an undervalued car, I guess in some ways its the predocessor to the 288 GTO?
Agreed it's a great car. Fancy one myself.

As for it being the predecessor to the 288GTO - not even close. They are not in the same league and nor do they donate any DNA to the GTO (for that, you need to look to the humble 308).
2
Reply to Topic