PistonHeads.com Forum

iPhone ringtone, why so difficult?

Author
Discussion

skeggysteve

Original Poster:

5,005 posts

124 months

Thursday 19th September 2013
quotequote all
To set a song as a ringtone on my Android I just set it as a ringtone.

So why is it so complex on an iPhone - reduce length, change file extension, delete file, etc. etc.

Am I missing something obvious like a simple way to do it?


miniman

18,252 posts

169 months

Thursday 19th September 2013
quotequote all
Apple would rather you bought ringtones from the iTunes Store.

(sent from my iPad)

Black can man

21,171 posts

75 months

Thursday 19th September 2013
quotequote all
skeggysteve said:
To set a song as a ringtone on my Android I just set it as a ringtone.

So why is it so complex on an iPhone - reduce length, change file extension, delete file, etc. etc.

Am I missing something obvious like a simple way to do it?
I have done it, put it into you tube, there is plenty of young kids that will show you how it's done.

skeggysteve

Original Poster:

5,005 posts

124 months

Thursday 19th September 2013
quotequote all
miniman said:
Apple would rather you bought ringtones from the iTunes Store.

(sent from my iPad)
Yes, they want you to spend money was a thought I had!

Sent from my Windows laptop wink

Black can man said:
I have done it, put it into you tube, there is plenty of young kids that will show you how it's done.
I have seen these you tube videos you mention but my op was 'why is it so difficult on an iPhone and so easy on an Andriod'?.

NDA

12,020 posts

132 months

Friday 20th September 2013
quotequote all
Google and download iRinger for your PC. It's free and creates ringtones from anything. Very easy.
Advertisement

GhostDriver

843 posts

99 months

Friday 20th September 2013
quotequote all
NDA said:
Google and download iRinger for your PC. It's free and creates ringtones from anything. Very easy.
Creates them easy, but getting them on to the phone is still a PITA.
I Agree with OP.

Welcome to the bd closed world of Apple (Iphone 5 owner btw). Forgot how annoying it is, till I upgraded to ios7 and lost my jailbreak

NDA

12,020 posts

132 months

Friday 20th September 2013
quotequote all
Is it difficult to transfer them? From memory, it installs them automatically. I haven't used it for a while.