Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 5 6
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

fiveoclockhero1

Original Poster:

649 posts

69 months

[news] 
Tuesday 14th January quote quote all
2014 dates for TT and TDT released today. Rockingham has been added this year and the Brands GP race is to be a combined TT and TDT race. At present there is no Cadwell for TDT, only TT however another race scheduled for June/July is yet to be announced.

I will be competing again in my VX220 in Team Trophy as a single driver and will also do some Trackday Trophy dates with a novice driver. We will start with the double header at Snetterton on 5/6th April.

Anyone else planning on competing?

http://www.trackdaytrophy.co.uk/calendar-2014.aspx

http://www.team-trophy.co.uk/calendar-2014.aspx

moc

154 posts

94 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th January quote quote all
Yeah, Bromers and I will be starting off in TDT then doing TT later in the year in the Mini.

Snetterton first race too biggrin

steeviegeebies

59 posts

30 months

[news] 
Sunday 19th January quote quote all
Yes - Team Trophy series alongside AMOC Intermarque Champs for me this yr (both are MSV). The TT/TDT share a superb classification system, meaning you get close racing in each class. I love it and will be back for a 4th season with them.

harryowl

1,053 posts

66 months

[news] 
Sunday 19th January quote quote all
Would've been doing but the calendar is pretty crap(living up north), so we're doing 750MC roadsports instead (which is cheaper as well).

jeff666

1,241 posts

76 months

[news] 
Sunday 19th January quote quote all
I shall be helping 2 guys out this year, both in the Team Trophy, running BMW M3 3.0 ltrs, looking forward to Snett in April.


Advertisement

Output Flange

14,320 posts

96 months

[news] 
Monday 20th January quote quote all
I'm thinking about doing a couple of TT races alongside the CSCC Future Classics.

Are there many compulsory sponsor stickers required for the TT?

ribiero

77 posts

51 months

[news] 
Monday 20th January quote quote all
jeff666 said:
I shall be helping 2 guys out this year, both in the Team Trophy, running BMW M3 3.0 ltrs, looking forward to Snett in April.

How cool does that 4 door look smilesmokin

fiveoclockhero1

Original Poster:

649 posts

69 months

[news] 
Monday 20th January quote quote all
Output Flange said:
I'm thinking about doing a couple of TT races alongside the CSCC Future Classics.

Are there many compulsory sponsor stickers required for the TT?
When you register for the series (£80 last year) you get a sticker pack, all of which have to be on the car. Last season there was a TT/TDT screen banner, two TT/TDT smaller stickers, two MSVR stickers, two MSV stickers and six sponsor stickers as well as class stickers on the sunstrip and rear screen.



Edited by fiveoclockhero1 on Monday 20th January 16:06

fiveoclockhero1

Original Poster:

649 posts

69 months

[news] 
Wednesday 5th February quote quote all
Team registration opened at 3pm on Monday and over 60 teams are registered after 24 hours so looks like there are going to be full grids at most if not all races the same as last season.

Soul Reaver

356 posts

77 months

[news] 
Thursday 6th February quote quote all
I'm in Team Trophy in the Audi

jeff666

1,241 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 31st March quote quote all
Not long to go for this now, weather forecast is a bit vague
at the moment.

jj.

438 posts

155 months

[news] 
Tuesday 1st April quote quote all
jeff666 said:
Not long to go for this now, weather forecast is a bit vague
at the moment.
We entered for the Trackday Trophy - would be nice to get confirmation that we are actually IN the race.!??? Bearing in mind we need to book a hotel for the Friday night before, and it's currently eerrrr Tuesday.

Really MSV, you can't send out confirmation any earlier...? stuff! needs to get organised you know...!
jj

jeff666

1,241 posts

76 months

[news] 
Tuesday 1st April quote quote all
jj. said:
jeff666 said:
Not long to go for this now, weather forecast is a bit vague
at the moment.
We entered for the Trackday Trophy - would be nice to get confirmation that we are actually IN the race.!??? Bearing in mind we need to book a hotel for the Friday night before, and it's currently eerrrr Tuesday.

Really MSV, you can't send out confirmation any earlier...? stuff! needs to get organised you know...!
jj
Hey I aint the organiser bud, maybe a quick phone call would be in order ? but I can imagine you feel a bit frustrated, hope it all works out ok.

fiveoclockhero1

Original Poster:

649 posts

69 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd April quote quote all
jj. said:
We entered for the Trackday Trophy - would be nice to get confirmation that we are actually IN the race.!??? Bearing in mind we need to book a hotel for the Friday night before, and it's currently eerrrr Tuesday.

Really MSV, you can't send out confirmation any earlier...? stuff! needs to get organised you know...!
jj
We've never received a confirmation. AFAIK if they accept your payment then you have a place. The races you have booked appear on your team page when you have logged in on the TT/TDT web site. If its on there then you're in.
What is a bit much is that there is no entries list on the MSVR web site with only 3 days to go.

jj.

438 posts

155 months

[news] 
Monday 7th April quote quote all
fiveoclockhero1 said:
2014 dates for TT and TDT released today. Rockingham has been added this year and the Brands GP race is to be a combined TT and TDT race. At present there is no Cadwell for TDT, only TT however another race scheduled for June/July is yet to be announced.
I will be competing again in my VX220 in Team Trophy as a single driver and will also do some Trackday Trophy dates with a novice driver. We will start with the double header at Snetterton on 5/6th April.
Anyone else planning on competing?
What happened in the Trackday Trophy on Saturday, you & the 968 were whipping everyone, then I saw you in the pits before the pitstop window opened, with the bonnet off..? I assume some sort of problem..?
jj

fiveoclockhero1

Original Poster:

649 posts

69 months

[news] 
Tuesday 8th April quote quote all
jj. said:
What happened in the Trackday Trophy on Saturday, you & the 968 were whipping everyone, then I saw you in the pits before the pitstop window opened, with the bonnet off..? I assume some sort of problem..?
jj
Gear cable popped off and I was stuck in third. It happened on about the 4th lap just past the pit entrance so I had to do a whole lap before coming in. Lap timer showed 6 minutes for two laps and the pit stop when we were doing 2.20's so lost about 1m 20s. Went in P1, came out p14. Managed to get back up to P9 and then my mate went out and eventually got us to 5th and a third in class. Could have been worse.
We were in Team Trophy the next day also. I went out first, we were P10 when I came in and 4th in class. Second driver went out and was chasing a BMW in the same class and a backmarker in a misfiring Fiesta saw the BMW, pulled over, didnt see the VX and turned hard into its drivers side. Bent wishbones, damaged wheel, snapped steering arm, damaged front clam and door. Race over.
Repairs are ongoing and we'll be at Oulton Park to try again.

ChrisChros87

51 posts

30 months

[news] 
Friday 11th April quote quote all
whose is the golf? is it just that slow and noisy or did it have a problem?

jj.

438 posts

155 months

[news] 
Friday 11th April quote quote all
If anyone is interesting in viewing the race from our perspective.
http://youtu.be/RfDyZ1Duy3E
jj

ringweekends

488 posts

138 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th April quote quote all
jj. said:
If anyone is interesting in viewing the race from our perspective.
http://youtu.be/RfDyZ1Duy3E
jj
Congratulations!
What you proved there is neat, tidy, consistent lapping along with staying out of trouble puts you right in with a shout.

Very well driven by both of you.

We're registered again, will be dusting off the Silver st for Rockingham, Oulton TT, Brands GP, and Cadwell TT. www.explodingfistracing.com

Again, superb drive chaps!

jj.

438 posts

155 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th April quote quote all
Yeah thanks for that, it was some good driving by both drivers, and some good luck from our side, and some unfortunate luck from other teams/cars that helped us along. We would never have beaten the VX220 & 968 as their lap times were far superior to ours. But I suppose as the old saying goes, 'to finish first, first you have to finish..!'.

We were both thrilled to have won!!

Looking at doing the Team Trophy at Silverstone, as it's full GP and 20 miles up the road from us, be rude not to really,
jj
2 3 ... 5 6
Reply to Topic