Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 4
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

slapmatt

Original Poster:

1,132 posts

105 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th October 2005 quote quote all
Is there a 944 Owners Club Web site, preferrable UK-based?

I can't find anything. Thanks!

cuneus

5,762 posts

125 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th October 2005 quote quote all
porsche.titanic.co.uk

(it is an email list though)


944turbo.org.uk

diver944

1,803 posts

159 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th October 2005 quote quote all
Or come to the 944 Register at www.porscheclubgbforum.com (I'm the moderator )

tr7v8

4,633 posts

111 months

[news] 
Thursday 20th October 2005 quote quote all
Or Porsche Net @
www.porsche-1.net/

Jim

AndyCowman

288 posts

133 months

[news] 
Tuesday 22nd May 2012 quote quote all
TIPEC Forums are free to use and pretty good!

http://forums.tipec.net/viewforum.php?f=25&sid...


Advertisement

GC8

14,908 posts

73 months

[news] 
Tuesday 22nd May 2012 quote quote all
green944 said:
Youve revived a SEVEN YEAR OLD thread!

pauljmcnulty

795 posts

122 months

[news] 
Tuesday 22nd May 2012 quote quote all
GC8 said:
Youve revived a SEVEN YEAR OLD thread!
That MUST be a record? biggrin


GC8

14,908 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 23rd May 2012 quote quote all
The only proper answer to the question is: PCGB 944 fourm, or TIPEC 924,944,968 forum.

green944

138 posts

29 months

[news] 
Thursday 24th May 2012 quote quote all
The porsche 944 owners club is the way to go for all front engined porsches.A whole forum and club dedicated to the front engined models,Meets,free technical help,and a cool free sticker for your car(the upfront porsche club)join the forum and club for free today.
http://prsche924.freeforums.org/index.php

pauljmcnulty

795 posts

122 months

[news] 
Thursday 24th May 2012 quote quote all
More adverts, please! rolleyes

blade7

4,842 posts

99 months

[news] 
Friday 25th May 2012 quote quote all
Rennlist.

GC8

14,908 posts

73 months

[news] 
Friday 25th May 2012 quote quote all
If you can stand it!

For 944s Id suggest PCGB and TIPEC, in that order.
For 924s Id suggest 924.org.

Im aware of the 924 owners club and I wouldnt recommend it. There are a couple of decent people, but my experience was poor.

starman5861

4 posts

36 months

[news] 
Friday 25th May 2012 quote quote all
GC8 said:
If you can stand it!

For 944s Id suggest PCGB and TIPEC, in that order.
For 924s Id suggest 924.org.

Im aware of the 924 owners club and I wouldnt recommend it. There are a couple of decent people, but my experience was poor.
Most of the decent ones went to the 924 Enthusiasts Club http://prsche924.freeforums.org when it started up. This is now incorporated into The Upfront Porsche Club.

pauljmcnulty

795 posts

122 months

[news] 
Friday 25th May 2012 quote quote all
starman5861 said:
Most of the decent ones went to the 924 Enthusiasts Club
Were they the group who got the incredible turnout of 924s at the Silverstone centre last month?

A9XXC

617 posts

32 months

[news] 
Saturday 26th May 2012 quote quote all
This was organised on the PCGB 944 Forum in March, for PCGB members and non-members.

19 cars on a very vet windy and cold winter Sunday.

Square dash, 2.5, S, 2.7, S2, 220 Turbo, 250 Turbo, Cab, modified and standard only missing a Turbo Cab!



Edited by A9XXC on Saturday 26th May 00:29

GC8

14,908 posts

73 months

[news] 
Saturday 26th May 2012 quote quote all
Have you fiddled with the colours there Mike? That Turbo is redder than a Guards car has ever been.

Carrera RSR

25 posts

49 months

[news] 
Saturday 26th May 2012 quote quote all
pauljmcnulty said:
starman5861 said:
Most of the decent ones went to the 924 Enthusiasts Club
Were they the group who got the incredible turnout of 924s at the Silverstone centre last month?
No, that incredible 65 car turnout at Silverstone was organised by the Porsche 924 Owners Club with help from Porsche Cars GB.

GC8 - there have been some issues with a few ex members of the 924 OC some 2.5 years ago and recently this year. Both camps set up alternative clubs, one promoted here, which took a minority with them. Its good they set up their own camp to be honest. Happy we still retain the committed core and now have well over 250 members and heading for 300 by the end of this year.

All clubs have their place, and it's not a bad thing to have your toes in a couple to get the best out of your Porsche ownership.

pauljmcnulty

795 posts

122 months

[news] 
Saturday 26th May 2012 quote quote all
Carrera RSR said:
there have been some issues with a few ex members of the 924 OC some 2.5 years ago and recently this year. Both camps set up alternative clubs, one promoted here, which took a minority with them. Its good they set up their own camp to be honest.
Nice to see it's not only PCGB that have internal disputes every so often!

Conian

7,921 posts

84 months

[news] 
Saturday 26th May 2012 quote quote all
GC8 said:
Have you fiddled with the colours there Mike? That Turbo is redder than a Guards car has ever been.
I think it's Indian Red AND been shopped
It's also the photo that convinced me not to have my wheels done black even thought I'd thought for a long time that I should get it done.

Carrera RSR

25 posts

49 months

[news] 
Saturday 26th May 2012 quote quote all
pauljmcnulty said:
Carrera RSR said:
there have been some issues with a few ex members of the 924 OC some 2.5 years ago and recently this year. Both camps set up alternative clubs, one promoted here, which took a minority with them. Its good they set up their own camp to be honest.
Nice to see it's not only PCGB that have internal disputes every so often!
Yep, a clash of opinions, personalities or ill chosen words on a forum etc can create a mountain out of a molehill. Life's to short and at the end of the day, they're only cars (clubs)!!
2 3 4
Reply to Topic