Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 10 11
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

racingpartners

Original Poster:

13 posts

112 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
TVR is for sale, trademarks and all !
www.businessesforsale.com/ft2/a426865.aspx

Confirmed Today, Al Melling plans to make rescue bid to purchase TVR and to reopen at Blackpool. The Purchase Bid is set for several million pounds and he has substantial additional funding from the US for new model development and overseas distribution.

He plans to manufacture Tuscans, Sagaris's and a new Wildcat, in addition there is a new V8 4 VALVE 5 litre AJP8 design under crate engines on the website http://mellingsportscars.com/

Blackpool is TVR's rightful place and deserves TVR back!




racingpartners

Original Poster:

13 posts

112 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
Remember Al Melling tried to keep Rolls Royce British, so he now tries again to save another British company. www.mcdeng.co.uk/html/consortium_bid.html




Edited by racingpartners on Saturday 3rd February 12:43



Edited by racingpartners on Saturday 3rd February 12:50

ntel

4,798 posts

127 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
All very good news, but where has it been "confirmed Today"?

racingpartners

Original Poster:

13 posts

112 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
ntel said:
All very good news, but where has it been "confirmed Today"?


Spoke to AL Melling !

CiderwithCerbie

1,420 posts

154 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
Well, well, well......

If this is true does that make Autocraft the new 'TVR Power'?

I am not amazed, especially since Melling said he cared abot what happened to TVR at the infamous Speed 6 lecture.

This could be very interesting indeed, esp the 32valve V8. I wonder if one of those will fit into my Cerb chassis? smash

Must pop out to but the out of date EVO story. I think TVR residuals may be about to turn a corner - hurray!
Advertisement

ntel

4,798 posts

127 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
CiderwithCerbie said:


This could be very interesting indeed, esp the 32valve V8. I wonder if one of those will fit into my Cerb chassis? smash


Well they do describe it as a "TVR Replacement" Engine.


Edited by ntel on Saturday 3rd February 13:08

ntel

4,798 posts

127 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
racingpartners said:
ntel said:
All very good news, but where has it been "confirmed Today"?


Spoke to AL Melling !


Does Mr Melling know that you have posted this then?

And would Mr Melling like a Ticket for the Thunder Ball so he can tell all the ex TVR workers? After all Rochdale isn't a long way away from Blackpool.


Edited by ntel on Saturday 3rd February 13:11

racingpartners

Original Poster:

13 posts

112 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
ntel said:
racingpartners said:
ntel said:
All very good news, but where has it been "confirmed Today"?


Spoke to AL Melling !


Does Mr Melling know that you have posted this then?

And would Mr Melling like a Ticket for the Thunder Ball so he can tell all the ex TVR workers? After all Rochdale isn't a long way away from Blackpool.


Edited by ntel on Saturday 3rd February 13:11


He knows now, I just emailed him the Pistonheads Link!

Larco

356 posts

157 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
Dave
Probably worth sending a couple of complimentary Thunder tickets to an address in Rochdale as if this news is true it could be quite a celebration next saturday.

(great minds think alike)

Edited by Larco on Saturday 3rd February 13:15

ntel

4,798 posts

127 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
Larco said:
Dave
Probably worth sending a couple of complimentary Thunder tickets to an address in Rochdale as if this news is true it could be quite a celebration next saturday.

(great minds think alike)

Edited by Larco on Saturday 3rd February 13:15


Who mentioned complimentary? If he wants to come he can bloody well pay like the rest of us Buying a few beers wouldn't go amiss either beer Although thinking about it Thunder Ball tickets are probably worth more than TVR at the moment



Edited by ntel on Saturday 3rd February 13:25

Larco

356 posts

157 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
You got a point .
Rick Wakeman is a director of the Melling consortium so I maybe be can do some impromptu Yes numbers such as 'Close to the edge' and 'wonderous stories' to name but a few. bow



Edited by Larco on Saturday 3rd February 13:46



Edited by Larco on Saturday 3rd February 13:46

roop

5,996 posts

171 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
Very interested to see how this develops. If the rumour is true and it goes ahead then Al, please PLEASE get a couple of seriously good production engineers and managers in to sort out the construction process - it's half the battle...!

steve-p

1,436 posts

169 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
Presumably it's a lot more appealing now than it was as a going concern, without the redundancy and debt liability baggage.

steve-p

1,436 posts

169 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
Larco said:
You got a point .
Rick Wakeman is a director of the Melling consortium so I maybe be can do some impromptu Yes numbers such as 'Close to the edge' and 'wonderous stories' to name but a few. bow

And let's not forget "A New Beginning"... or maybe "A Road to Ruin" laugh

jagdpanther

19,633 posts

106 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
Fan-smegging-tastic thumbup clap bow beer

zooooom

1,225 posts

147 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
bounce bounce bounceOH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE bounce bounce bounce
Can't take no more TVR buy out B.S.
readit readit readit www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=351029&f=13&h=0 yes yes yes hehe


And for those that doubted me your turn to eat humble pie

jagdpanther

19,633 posts

106 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
zooooom said:

And for those that doubted me your turn to eat humble pie



thumbup Your day has come thumbup

zooooom

1,225 posts

147 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
jagdpanther said:
zooooom said:

And for those that doubted me your turn to eat humble pie



thumbup Your day has come thumbup

Oh please lets hope so hehe

gridgway

1,001 posts

132 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
2005 turnover c19m, I wonder what the 2006 turnover was?
GRaham

gridgway

1,001 posts

132 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd February 2007 quote quote all
so, if I understand...this is incompatible with NS' stated plan to set up production elsewhere? So if noone has the wherewithall to buy the business, then that will be the end of TVR?
Graham
2 3 ... 10 11
Reply to Topic