Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Dave_ST220

Original Poster:

8,106 posts

88 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th June 2008 quote quote all
Is there any way you can find an owner of a car? I really wish i'd got this plate when it came out-ST07 ZZO, a car search says it is registered to the following car :-

ST07ZZO - SILVER VAUXHALL CORSA HATCHBACK 1.2i 16V Life 5dr (2006 - Model On) Manual 1229cc

Is there any way to trace the owner? I'd like to offer them some ££ for their plate! Thanks for any help. ST03 ZZO is valued at £250 but the boss(Mrs) says no frown

DucatiGary

7,765 posts

108 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th June 2008 quote quote all
phone dval and tell them you are calling from botchit and scarper clampitforfun ltd and say you have a car impounded and need to find the owner.

dvla will give all details everything

markmullen

14,584 posts

117 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th June 2008 quote quote all
If the person had parked on your property and you needed the RK's address to post on the ticket you could apply through DVLA for their details, the fee is around £2.50 IIRC.

Shame thatwink

Dave_ST220

Original Poster:

8,106 posts

88 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th June 2008 quote quote all
Cheers guys, so a call to DVLA is all that is needed?!Don't they check you are a registered clamping company?!

[TW]Fox

11,015 posts

129 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th June 2008 quote quote all
You do realise you can't fit that plate to your ST220 unless its a March 07 or newer, right? Reason I ask is becuase not mant of them are!

Edited by [TW]Fox on Tuesday 24th June 17:05

Advertisement

Dave_ST220

Original Poster:

8,106 posts

88 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th June 2008 quote quote all
[TW]Fox said:
You do realise you can't fit that plate to your ST220 unless its a March 07 or newer, right? Reason I ask is becuase not mant of them are!

Edited by [TW]Fox on Tuesday 24th June 17:05
Mine is an 07 plate, i wish i had got the plate when DVA had got it but having juts spent £21k on the car and wifey being pregnant i thought funds were better spent elsewhere!! Mine was one of the last saloons built-i got the order in just in time!

Dave_ST220

Original Poster:

8,106 posts

88 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th June 2008 quote quote all
Hmm, seems you have to fill in a declaration on a form which would make any BS story illegal. I don't fancy getting into trouble over this so i guess i'll have to try some Vauxhall forums. Good old data protection act.

[TW]Fox

11,015 posts

129 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
Did you really buy a £21k Mk3 Mondeo weeks before the Mk4 came out?

Blimey - you must be loaded to have ignored the more or less identical used ST220's for £6k and pick a new one for £21k.

Fantastic cars but damn thats a lot of cash to blow on a Mondeo.

Polarbert

17,392 posts

114 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
Whats the plate meant to say? You could get a dateless plate for 250 quid. scratchchin

phylet

300 posts

81 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
Polarbert said:
Whats the plate meant to say? You could get a dateless plate for 250 quid. scratchchin
ST (07) 220 perhaps?

A new Mondeo is indeed a scary thought though. A braver man than i, sir.

Edited by phylet on Thursday 26th June 03:16

arryb

6,087 posts

85 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
Why not just get the 03 plate? I'm not sure you'd get anyone to go through that hassle of changing their plate unless you offer that kind of cash anyway.....

FlossyThePig

3,164 posts

126 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
Should this topic be merged with "Are private number plates a bit naff?"

Dave_ST220

Original Poster:

8,106 posts

88 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
[TW]Fox said:
Did you really buy a £21k Mk3 Mondeo weeks before the Mk4 came out?

Blimey - you must be loaded to have ignored the more or less identical used ST220's for £6k and pick a new one for £21k.

Fantastic cars but damn thats a lot of cash to blow on a Mondeo.
Find me a fully loaded ST220 saloon in perfect condition with every factory option, i searched for two years whilst saving up and not once found the spec i wanted. I'd never buy a new model again(riddled with problems) and Ford have not released a petrol Mk4 ST(and probably won't-closest is Titanium X Sport). A 6K ST220 won't be anything like new and certainly won't have every option. I'm keeping the car for 10 years+ so what it loses means nothing to me. The plate it supposed to look like ST 07 220, if you think that's naff then that's your opinion.

Dave_ST220

Original Poster:

8,106 posts

88 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
arryb said:
Why not just get the 03 plate? I'm not sure you'd get anyone to go through that hassle of changing their plate unless you offer that kind of cash anyway.....
It makes an 07 car look like an 03?? I'm not bothered but wifey says i should hav got the 07 one..which i should! I even tried to say the 03 could mean 3L!!!!

Dave_ST220

Original Poster:

8,106 posts

88 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
BTW, does anyone know what happens to plates that DVLA had for sale? Do they hold them until sold or would a date sensitive plate like this shift into the general pool of plates once 07 & had been and gone? Just wondering if the person who has it paid the fee(in which case they are unlikely to ever sell it as they wanted it) or just ended up with it! Also, if the latter was the case is there anyway to find what area of the country the ST prefix is for?

Muzzer

3,814 posts

104 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
Dave_ST220 said:
BTW, does anyone know what happens to plates that DVLA had for sale? Do they hold them until sold or would a date sensitive plate like this shift into the general pool of plates once 07 & had been and gone? Just wondering if the person who has it paid the fee(in which case they are unlikely to ever sell it as they wanted it) or just ended up with it! Also, if the latter was the case is there anyway to find what area of the country the ST prefix is for?
ST is Dundee area - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_car_number_pl...

However, the car could conceivably be anywhere now. IINM if the DVLA think the plate has a value they keep it reserved until it's sold (up to a certain point) so if they thought it had a value in 07 then they would have sold it to someone who wanted it.

That said, I can't see why someone would want this on a Corsa (or a Mondeo smile) so I can't imagine that they've paid for it.

Good luck

[TW]Fox

11,015 posts

129 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th June 2008 quote quote all
Dave_ST220 said:
A 6K ST220 won't be anything like new
If thats the case I wouldnt have bought one at all - if I was spending £21k on a car to last 10 years I wouldnt want one that, by 4-5 years old, felt nothing like it did when it was new.

Still, I love the cars, but damn, 21k. Blimey.

Good luck with your plate smile
Reply to Topic