PistonHeads.com Forum

Where to find derelict / abandoned buildings

Where to find derelict / abandoned buildings

Author
Discussion

Republik

Original Poster:

4,525 posts

102 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
Does anyone know of any websites where derelict / abandoned buildings are listed for sale? It can be anything, a pub, a house, a watermill, a barn etc.

Mucho gracias.

Tony*T3

11,700 posts

159 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
Republik said:
Does anyone know of any websites where derelict / abandoned buildings are listed for sale? It can be anything, a pub, a house, a watermill, a barn etc.

Mucho gracias.
Wlak down any high street in britain, every third shop is now in that state....

jdw1234

6,015 posts

127 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/

Otherwise, if you are after property development opportunities I would list yourself with as many commercial estate agencies as possible and offer backhanders to get first dibs.


Republik

Original Poster:

4,525 posts

102 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
It's more of an opportunity to buy a building for the future, without planning permission. To develope say 10/20 years down the line. A la Grand Designs.

ETA: Thanks for the link.

Edited by Republik on Wednesday 18th February 10:05

Justin_Tvr

500 posts

97 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
Slighty off topic though always quite interesting to see if there is anything near you some real gems in there:


http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/

Advertisement

Emsman

6,569 posts

102 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
Republik said:
It's more of an opportunity to buy a building for the future, without planning permission. To develope say 10/20 years down the line. A la Grand Designs.

ETA: Thanks for the link.

Edited by Republik on Wednesday 18th February 10:05
Where i go shooting in Gretton near corby, there is a derilict farmhouse that stands on ground owned by what was british steel, so guessing now corus.

Its huge, sat in isolated ground, and has been empty for at least 20 years.

Its just about my dream property, i would love to be able to get hold of it and renovate it to my spec


spydersingh

694 posts

127 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
Are you thinking of becoming a squatter?!


Republik

Original Poster:

4,525 posts

102 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
Not a bad idea wink

spydersingh

694 posts

127 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
In that case I have a lovely property in the Ealing area for you to come and live in! Complete with skag ash trays made of old chinese takeaway boxes!

clarkmagpie

3,132 posts

107 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
i would love a bash at a barn or church conversion

scotal

8,751 posts

191 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
clarkmagpie said:
i would love a bash at a barn or church conversion
One of the PH surveyors will be on here in a bit to point out how difficult it is to do these well and bring them in even close to budget.
but otherwise I heartily agree.

Republik

Original Poster:

4,525 posts

102 months

Wednesday 18th February 2009
quotequote all
spydersingh said:
In that case I have a lovely property in the Ealing area for you to come and live in! Complete with skag ash trays made of old chinese takeaway boxes!
The commute would be a bit far to Manchester!