Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Famous Graham

26,553 posts

111 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Aren't "funny things written in cards", not, by definition?

PD9

1,758 posts

71 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Jasandjules said:
Thank f**k for that, the coffee machine will be free.
One of my favorites hehe

thegavster

6,008 posts

148 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
"Goodbye you ... now show this to your mum."

"About the Xmas party... there's been complications, call me"

Both those are courtesy of Rob Newman IIRC

monthefish

18,011 posts

117 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Famous Graham said:
Aren't "funny things written in cards", not, by definition?
I've chuckled at quite a few of the posts in this thread

(especially liked the one about the fiver/whiparound).hehe

TonyHetherington

31,843 posts

136 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Every so often a birthday card comes round to sign. So "Happy Birthday, all the best, from Tony" goes straight in.

Card on my desk.

"Happy Birthday, all the best, from Tony"

It was a leaving card, already signed by 60+ people.

Bugger!
Advertisement

thegavster

6,008 posts

148 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
TonyHetherington said:
Every so often a birthday card comes round to sign. So "Happy Birthday, all the best, from Tony" goes straight in.

Card on my desk.

"Happy Birthday, all the best, from Tony"

It was a leaving card, already signed by 60+ people.

Bugger!
Probably funnier for the recipient than 99% of the other things in there though biggrin

okgo

23,446 posts

84 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Chap here writes "sorry you're leaving" in EVERY card that comes round.


Steamer

9,314 posts

99 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
okgo said:
Chap here writes "sorry you're leaving" in EVERY card that comes round.
That must work a treat in the "Get Well Soon" and "Sorry to hear about your recent bereavement" cards!

rofl

Mr_Yogi

2,600 posts

141 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Someone in my department just writes "Best of British" in all the cards confused

V8S

8,471 posts

123 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
All these are inordinately funny, especially Tony's admission. biggrin

DrTre

12,428 posts

118 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
When you're new to a company and a colleague you have only fleetingly met gets rushed to hospital at the weekend, don't write a bland/blokey "Keep your pecker up" on the card without first finding out what's wrong with him...apparently his words were "Is he having a fking laugh?"

..Torsion of the testes as it turns out.

WorAl

10,877 posts

74 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
DrTre said:
When you're new to a company and a colleague you have only fleetingly met gets rushed to hospital at the weekend, don't write a bland/blokey "Keep your pecker up" on the card without first finding out what's wrong with him...apparently his words were "Is he having a fking laugh?"

..Torsion of the testes as it turns out.
rofl

Lastinclass

511 posts

66 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
I always write:

Remember every meeting has an idiot in it... if you can't stop them keep quiet!

Steamer

9,314 posts

99 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Lastinclass said:
I always write:

Remember every meeting has an idiot in it... if you can't stop them keep quiet!
or... if you can't spot them, it might just be the slexdistic person standing by the white board with a marker pen in his hand hehe

benoli

1,351 posts

75 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
thegavster said:
TonyHetherington said:
Every so often a birthday card comes round to sign. So "Happy Birthday, all the best, from Tony" goes straight in.

Card on my desk.

"Happy Birthday, all the best, from Tony"

It was a leaving card, already signed by 60+ people.

Bugger!
Probably funnier for the recipient than 99% of the other things in there though biggrin
could be worse . . could be a 'with condolences' card

dickyf

303 posts

111 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
staple your business card in. should give the right message especially if done so badly it sticks out of the side and wont go in the envelope properly.

Fastra

3,950 posts

95 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Put kisses under every name from the opposite sex that's already signed it and make them really regret leaving......!!!??

V8S

8,471 posts

123 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
dickyf said:
staple your business card in. should give the right message especially if done so badly it sticks out of the side and wont go in the envelope properly.
rofl

V8mate

37,016 posts

75 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
V8S said:
dickyf said:
staple your business card in. should give the right message especially if done so badly it sticks out of the side and wont go in the envelope properly.
rofl
hehe excellent!

snuffle

1,586 posts

68 months

[news] 
Tuesday 5th May 2009 quote quote all
Who ?
1
3 4
Reply to Topic