Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

samdale

Original Poster:

2,122 posts

72 months

[news] 
Wednesday 8th July 2009 quote quote all
i've got to have one for a job starting in september. just wondering what exactly it is/what to expect?

also a "non-evidential drug screening test"

what exactly does that mean/involve?

what common things make people fail either of these?


chrisj_abz

807 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 8th July 2009 quote quote all
Ukooa medical isnt too much

BMI check, hearing test in the little booth, urine sample, quick physical check testing reflexes etc

not many people fail and if they do its usually the BMI one (where im sometimes struggling, oops)

Drug test is usually just another urine sample, dunno what the non evidentiary bit is for though.

mdotd

2,566 posts

72 months

[news] 
Wednesday 8th July 2009 quote quote all
The non-evidential will use a urine sample to check against either the 5 or 9 major drug groups (depinding on which medical your company has chosen - we use the 9 point); failure on either one of them usually means the company can pull your offer of employment.

King Herald

19,663 posts

104 months

[news] 
Thursday 9th July 2009 quote quote all
mdotd said:
The non-evidential will use a urine sample to check against either the 5 or 9 major drug groups (depinding on which medical your company has chosen - we use the 9 point); failure on either one of them usually means the company can pull your offer of employment.
I did one last time I was home, fairly simple.

Only bit I don't like is having to stuff a poo sample in the little jar. I remember one I did one years ago, where I filled it to the brim, patted it down nicely with the little ice cream spoon they give you, but was later told just a small chunk of poo is adequate. biggrin

Urban_Ninja

1,885 posts

77 months

[news] 
Thursday 9th July 2009 quote quote all
King Herald said:
mdotd said:
The non-evidential will use a urine sample to check against either the 5 or 9 major drug groups (depinding on which medical your company has chosen - we use the 9 point); failure on either one of them usually means the company can pull your offer of employment.
I did one last time I was home, fairly simple.

Only bit I don't like is having to stuff a poo sample in the little jar. I remember one I did one years ago, where I filled it to the brim, patted it down nicely with the little ice cream spoon they give you, but was later told just a small chunk of poo is adequate. biggrin
biggrin
Advertisement

King Herald

19,663 posts

104 months

[news] 
Thursday 9th July 2009 quote quote all
Urban_Ninja said:
King Herald said:
mdotd said:
The non-evidential will use a urine sample to check against either the 5 or 9 major drug groups (depinding on which medical your company has chosen - we use the 9 point); failure on either one of them usually means the company can pull your offer of employment.
I did one last time I was home, fairly simple.

Only bit I don't like is having to stuff a poo sample in the little jar. I remember one I did one years ago, where I filled it to the brim, patted it down nicely with the little ice cream spoon they give you, but was later told just a small chunk of poo is adequate. biggrin
biggrin
I suppose when they do the prostate examination I could always ask the Doc to scrape out what is left under his fingernail and put that in the jar?

hehehehe

samdale

Original Poster:

2,122 posts

72 months

[news] 
Saturday 11th July 2009 quote quote all
hmm nice to know what to expect, and also a few tactics on turd gathering.



not that im worried about failing or anything whistle
Reply to Topic