PistonHeads.com Forum

Porsche crash in Harrogate!!

Porsche crash in Harrogate!!

Author
Discussion

blueyonder

Original Poster:

1,779 posts

117 months

Wednesday 22nd July 2009
quotequote all
Just posted this in the Yorkshire forum! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire...

Shocking....condolences to the friends and family of the victims! frown Not sure of the circumstances but seems no one else was involved? Take it easy out there guys!

sambaman

3,991 posts

131 months

Wednesday 22nd July 2009
quotequote all
yup,....pretty Damn sad...



Husband and wife killed in car crash on Plumpton Road, near Follifoot, Harrogate
9:26am Wednesday 22nd July 2009

By Nicola Fifield »

A HUSBAND and wife have died after the black Porsche they were travelling in came off the road and crashed in North Yorkshire.

The accident happened shortly before 10pm yesterday on Plumpton Road, just outside Follifoot, near Harrogate.

Police said they had been travelling from the direction of the A661 towards the village of Follifoot.

The male driver and his wife – who are both from the local area – were pronounced dead at the scene.

North Yorkshire Police is asking witnesses or anyone who saw the vehicle before the crash to contact TC Stuart Holden on 0845 60 60 247.


monthefish

18,829 posts

138 months

Wednesday 22nd July 2009
quotequote all
Still surprises annoys me that supposedly 'neutral' news reporters such as the BBC use sensationalist headlines such as "Couple die in Porsche road crash", as if the fact that it was a Porsche had any bearing on the crash.

I doubt the headline would have been "Couple die in Toyota road crash" if it had been a Toyota they were in.


RichardR

2,813 posts

175 months

Wednesday 22nd July 2009
quotequote all
monthefish said:
Still surprises annoys me that supposedly 'neutral' news reporters such as the BBC use sensationalist headlines such as "Couple die in Porsche road crash", as if the fact that it was a Porsche had any bearing on the crash.

I doubt the headline would have been "Couple die in Toyota road crash" if it had been a Toyota they were in.
That's because the paper can use the combination of the words 'Porsche' and 'crash' infer fast, reckless driving! rolleyes

Adrian Gumball

398 posts

109 months

Wednesday 22nd July 2009
quotequote all
I used to work along that road- it is a death trap. Turning out of villages, with cars going 65mph ish was dangerous.
Advertisement

blueyonder

Original Poster:

1,779 posts

117 months

Wednesday 22nd July 2009
quotequote all
....and I think the weather may have been a contributory factor...it was stairodding it there around that time! Could have aquaplaned!

monthefish

18,829 posts

138 months

Wednesday 22nd July 2009
quotequote all
RichardR said:
monthefish said:
Still surprises annoys me that supposedly 'neutral' news reporters such as the BBC use sensationalist headlines such as "Couple die in Porsche road crash", as if the fact that it was a Porsche had any bearing on the crash.

I doubt the headline would have been "Couple die in Toyota road crash" if it had been a Toyota they were in.
That's because the paper can use the combination of the words 'Porsche' and 'crash' infer fast, reckless driving! rolleyes
Strictly speaking, the paper 'implies'. (It is the readers who 'infer') wink

RichardR

2,813 posts

175 months

Wednesday 22nd July 2009
quotequote all
monthefish said:
RichardR said:
monthefish said:
Still surprises annoys me that supposedly 'neutral' news reporters such as the BBC use sensationalist headlines such as "Couple die in Porsche road crash", as if the fact that it was a Porsche had any bearing on the crash.

I doubt the headline would have been "Couple die in Toyota road crash" if it had been a Toyota they were in.
That's because the paper can use the combination of the words 'Porsche' and 'crash' infer fast, reckless driving! rolleyes
Strictly speaking, the paper 'implies'. (It is the readers who 'infer') wink
I'm glad you spotted my deliberate mistake! getmecoat