PistonHeads.com Forum

Mercedes Certificate of conformity??

Mercedes Certificate of conformity??

Author
Discussion

Nicko_12345

Original Poster:

1,082 posts

113 months

Wednesday 7th April 2010
quotequote all
Hi,

Can someone help me.... how would i go about getting a certificate of conformity for a sprinter that my brother has taken to France?

Thanks

Nick

Roo

11,081 posts

120 months

Wednesday 7th April 2010
quotequote all
Contact homologation at MB at Milton Keynes. Probably charge you around £100 for it.

TVR1

4,630 posts

138 months

Wednesday 7th April 2010
quotequote all
or....

have a look in the owners book pack, MB includes the Cert in them from new. Most owners ignore them 'cos they don't know what they are.

Marcellus

5,555 posts

132 months

Wednesday 7th April 2010
quotequote all
If it's to register in France then don't you need a cert from MB (France)?

Roo

11,081 posts

120 months

Wednesday 7th April 2010
quotequote all
Marcellus said:
If it's to register in France then don't you need a cert from MB (France)?
The CoC will show European compliance.
Advertisement

Nicko_12345

Original Poster:

1,082 posts

113 months

Wednesday 7th April 2010
quotequote all
Roo said:
Contact homologation at MB at Milton Keynes. Probably charge you around £100 for it.
Tried calling them today, just get put into a loop saying i have to fax them my request, is that normal?

flemke

21,010 posts

150 months

Wednesday 7th April 2010
quotequote all
Roo said:
Marcellus said:
If it's to register in France then don't you need a cert from MB (France)?
The CoC will show European compliance.
At least in UK, you need letter from UK office of certifying manafacturer.

Marcellus

5,555 posts

132 months

Wednesday 7th April 2010
quotequote all
flemke said:
Roo said:
Marcellus said:
If it's to register in France then don't you need a cert from MB (France)?
The CoC will show European compliance.
At least in UK, you need letter from UK office of certifying manafacturer.
And in my experience in France the letter has to come from the France office..... certainly for Land Rovers, Nissans, VW, Vauxhalls(Opels) & Fords!!

flemke

21,010 posts

150 months

Thursday 8th April 2010
quotequote all
Marcellus said:
flemke said:
Roo said:
Marcellus said:
If it's to register in France then don't you need a cert from MB (France)?
The CoC will show European compliance.
At least in UK, you need letter from UK office of certifying manafacturer.
And in my experience in France the letter has to come from the France office..... certainly for Land Rovers, Nissans, VW, Vauxhalls(Opels) & Fords!!
Yes, isn't it great of them to give us only the bad parts of EU integration?