Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Thursday 24th June 2010

ROAR: Something For The TVR Fan This Weekend

Cheshire hotel hosts annual TVR fest


There'll be plenty of this...
There'll be plenty of this...
Apart from the famous PH Sunday Service, there's only one place to be this weekend (especially if you're a TVR fan), and that's at the TVR ROAR show.

This annual celebration of all things fast and loud from Blackpool comes once again from the Moorside Grange Hotel in Stockport, Cheshire.

The fun kicks off on Saturday with a treasure hunt in the Peak District, and a car detailing lecture.

On Sunday there will be all sorts of other activities, including a TVR concept show, off-road buggies and laser clay pigeon shooting. There will also be a 'noisiest TVR' competition, a 'most powerful TVR competition', and live demos on the rolling road.

For those less committed to cars, the hotel will be showing World Cup football, and the hotel offers luxury spa treatments, (though pre-booking is required, so best to get your skates on with that one).

The action takes place over Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. Although the hotel is fully booked for both the Friday and Saturday nights, there are places available at nearby hotels, so take a look at the ROAR website for more details.

Riggers
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Ride Drive

Original Poster:

94 posts

149 months

[news] 
Thursday 24th June 2010 quote quote all
Ride Drive will be there all weekend providing free sample driver coaching sessions around a 15-minute route. See you there!

Jules

robsco

5,802 posts

63 months

[news] 
Thursday 24th June 2010 quote quote all
Sounds like an excellent day, from one of the all time most charismatic marques smile wish I could be there.

countvonc

30 posts

79 months

[news] 
Thursday 24th June 2010 quote quote all
Don't forget the 'most likely to catch fire' competition. Always good for a laugh at a TVR meet.

halcyongriff500

47 posts

137 months

[news] 
Thursday 24th June 2010 quote quote all
Unfortunately, I am unable to attend due to other commitments, looks like a fantastic weekend.
countvonc's comment is typically ill-informed presumably from an envious non-TVR owner.
I've owned 12 TVRs over 25 years, some were daily drivers and run on a tight budget and I've never experienced any combustability issues.
I've had my current Griff over 5 years and she's almost boringly reliable, turn the key and away she goes, its that simple, the smile is conpulsory every time - still love it.


davido140

8,786 posts

113 months

[news] 
Friday 25th June 2010 quote quote all
halcyongriff500 said:
Unfortunately, I am unable to attend due to other commitments, looks like a fantastic weekend.
countvonc's comment is typically ill-informed presumably from an envious non-TVR owner.
I've owned 12 TVRs over 25 years, some were daily drivers and run on a tight budget and I've never experienced any combustability issues.
I've had my current Griff over 5 years and she's almost boringly reliable, turn the key and away she goes, its that simple, the smile is conpulsory every time - still love it.

Dont feed the troll! wink
Advertisement

macdeb

5,104 posts

142 months

[news] 
Monday 28th June 2010 quote quote all
countvonc said:
Don't forget the 'most likely to catch fire' competition. Always good for a laugh at a TVR meet.
Prick.

Killer Rhubarb

388 posts

65 months

[news] 
Saturday 3rd July 2010 quote quote all
macdeb said:
countvonc said:
Don't forget the 'most likely to catch fire' competition. Always good for a laugh at a TVR meet.
Prick.
Signed.
Reply to Topic