Whilst searching for a learner car for my daughter, I stumbled across an under-priced, 1 owner Fiesta with accompanying pics, submitted by a local private advertiser on Gumtree. Not only was the price alarming; the Google location map suggested it was on an industrial estate and the only contact was via a concealed email button. A certain scam? I was sufficiently intrigued, had a spare five minutes, so decided to reply.
I enclose the emails for information. NB:-I have removed our email addresses - his typically was an anonymous Gmail address and at no time did he sign off with a name.
The car is in Greece
Here is how we will go about delivery and payment for the car which will be through a international company Safeitransaction and i will also give you the chance to receive and inspect the car before i receive the payment for it, work like an escrow services.
We will use a international shipping company Safeitransaction as a third party wich will guarantee to both of us a secure transaction.
You can visit the Safeitransaction company website here:http://safeitransaction.com/
I will explain to you step by step how this transaction will work.
1. First you have to send me your full shipping informations ( Full Name , Address , Phone number ).
2. After I receive your shipping info, i'll go to a Safeitransaction company location and leave the car and the documents on your name and address as the intended receiver..
3. The shipping company will check the car, also the legal papers to see that everything it`s OK with them.
4. After that you will receive a notification from the shipping company Safeitransaction as a confirmation that the car and the documents are in their custody and they will send you also the tracking number to check your delivery and also the payment instructions.
5. After you will check your delivery and you will see that everything it`s OK then immediately you will have to send the payment to Safeitransaction and they will hold the payment until you will send your confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agreed to keep the car.
6. The shipping company will verify the payment, and if everything is in order, they will bring the car to your place for inspection.
7. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it,then the shipping company will transfer the money to me and the deal is closed. You can go to your mechanic for inspection to confirm you that the car is OK and to Police so they can tell you that the car it's not stolen or something like that.
8. Also, you will have 5 days time to check the car and if by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return the vehicle to Safeitransaction with no expense and the company will send all your money back but i am sure you'll love the car the day you'll get it. I will pay for shipping which will take only 3-5 days.
Please give me a reply if you accept the deal in this way,and let me know asap so i can stop talking with my other clients.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Me wrote:
Thanks for background. Is the car in the UK. So how will the deal be closed?
Sent from my iPhone
On 16 Jul 2010, at 21:22, He wrote:
I sell this car because of the financial crisis i moved back to my home country in Greece. I brought the car in Greece with me, but as the crisis is getting worse i can't afford to keep it anymore. I lived with my wife in United Kingdom for around 7 years with my work and when i come back in Greece my company already had bought me another car. Now i will have to sell this one as i don`t need 2 cars. Probably you are wondering why i am selling it for such a low price, because the market price for right handed vehicles is low here in Greece and having a lower price than the UK market will bring me a buyer faster than having a high one. Also the car is registered in United Kingdom and this is one of the reasons that i sell it in United Kingdom. If you realy want to buy the car just let me know in the next e-mail and i will explain you better how this deal will be closed.
Look forward to receiving your answer asap.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Me wrote:
Hi thanks for the email. Sounds fine is it possible to view tomorrow Sat?
Sent from my iPhone
On 16 Jul 2010, at 19:36, He wrote:
> I am glad that you are interested in my car, the price i want to sell the car is £1,100. The car is in excellent condition, no damage, never involved in any accidents, no scratches, garage kept, one owner, (non-smoker), TAX 5 months, MOT 5 months. The interior is also in perfect shape. The engine is also in great condition, no problem with it. The title is clear and the vehicle come with Full Service History.
> Look forward to receiving your answer asap.