Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 5 6
8 9 10
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

antspants

878 posts

61 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
g60luke said:
I am so glad that you know what people are doing when you are not there in the car with me wink
Its not just motorways, it is just every car that tries to tailgate/race/traffic light grandprix me is a TDi!
I would not mind if it was anything interesting wanting to fly past like the wail of a nice V10 Lambo or something!
Whereas you on the other hand know exactly what is going on in the other car that wants to make quicker progress than you? I'm not suggesting that tailgating is something to be admired, however somebody making a quicker getaway from the traffic lights is not necessarily racing and perhaps points to you having a bit of a chip on your shoulder about being overtaken? Do you have an older sibling who always beat you in peddle car racers?
I would suggest a window sticker stating "less than 10 cylinders don't even think about it you clown" would be a lovely addition to your current chariot.

scottishninja2

96 posts

57 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
I hate to agree with the original poster, but yes, i often find the people driving like tits on the road (seemingly wanting to prove themselves) are driving a VAG diesel.

However i also agree that this is probably just because they are company cars with no fuel concerns.

Stephen

busta

4,493 posts

119 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
Biker's Nemesis said:
doogz said:
g60luke said:
daemon said:
blueg33 said:
If the OP's username is an indication of his car then this is relevant

Golf G60 stats

Maximum power 162.2 PS (160 bhp) (119.3 kW)
@ 5600 rpm
Specific output 89.8 bhp/litre
1.47 bhp/cu in
Maximum torque 225.0 Nm (166 ft·lb) (22.9 kgm)
@ 4000 rpm

0-60 mph 8.30 s

Top speed 216 km/h (134 mph)

These are not big figures!

If this is the OP's car then it sounds like its the OP that has something to prove
Yes, no wonder hes burnt off by your average diesel car.
Havent got a G60 golf sorry to dissapoint smile
Had one about 10 years ago when I made my user name on various sites, although it was not standard then.
Have a 400bhp Mk1 golf, running 4wd now so slight under the 8.3 0-60 times, by about half actually!!! But love peoples assumptions.
Daily driver is a sluggish 350z GT4..
Sure.

That'll explain why you only bought said G60 last year, according to the Corrado forum.
rofl
And everyone conveniently misses this bit in the link the OP posted:

Chris Eyre on GTI International said:
The legend: the one and only ex-Mark Eliot Mk1 Golf, previously John Jones tuned and now owned by G60Luke, and in 4WD spec.



0-60 in 4.1, quarter in 12.8.

Still cutting it on the strip, well over 10 years after it was Inters regular in the '90s
http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1940...

Pull your necks in gents.

g60luke

Original Poster:

44 posts

65 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
antspants said:
g60luke said:
I am so glad that you know what people are doing when you are not there in the car with me wink
Its not just motorways, it is just every car that tries to tailgate/race/traffic light grandprix me is a TDi!
I would not mind if it was anything interesting wanting to fly past like the wail of a nice V10 Lambo or something!
Whereas you on the other hand know exactly what is going on in the other car that wants to make quicker progress than you? I'm not suggesting that tailgating is something to be admired, however somebody making a quicker getaway from the traffic lights is not necessarily racing and perhaps points to you having a bit of a chip on your shoulder about being overtaken? Do you have an older sibling who always beat you in peddle car racers?
I would suggest a window sticker stating "less than 10 cylinders don't even think about it you clown" would be a lovely addition to your current chariot.
That's a classic hypocrite for you. You assume to know what happens to me, but then shoot me down for not knowing what the other driver is doing!? As far as your answer all is clear now I have seen you drive a diesel from your profile.

g60luke

Original Poster:

44 posts

65 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
busta said:
Biker's Nemesis said:
doogz said:
g60luke said:
daemon said:
blueg33 said:
If the OP's username is an indication of his car then this is relevant

Golf G60 stats

Maximum power 162.2 PS (160 bhp) (119.3 kW)
@ 5600 rpm
Specific output 89.8 bhp/litre
1.47 bhp/cu in
Maximum torque 225.0 Nm (166 ft·lb) (22.9 kgm)
@ 4000 rpm

0-60 mph 8.30 s

Top speed 216 km/h (134 mph)

These are not big figures!

If this is the OP's car then it sounds like its the OP that has something to prove
Yes, no wonder hes burnt off by your average diesel car.
Havent got a G60 golf sorry to dissapoint smile
Had one about 10 years ago when I made my user name on various sites, although it was not standard then.
Have a 400bhp Mk1 golf, running 4wd now so slight under the 8.3 0-60 times, by about half actually!!! But love peoples assumptions.
Daily driver is a sluggish 350z GT4..
Sure.

That'll explain why you only bought said G60 last year, according to the Corrado forum.
rofl
And everyone conveniently misses this bit in the link the OP posted:

Chris Eyre on GTI International said:
The legend: the one and only ex-Mark Eliot Mk1 Golf, previously John Jones tuned and now owned by G60Luke, and in 4WD spec.



0-60 in 4.1, quarter in 12.8.

Still cutting it on the strip, well over 10 years after it was Inters regular in the '90s
http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1940...

Pull your necks in gents.
Cheers mate, I had noticed that too smile
Advertisement

muhuha

225 posts

77 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
Just buy a g-wizz, bumper cars ftw!

busta

4,493 posts

119 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
g60luke said:
busta said:
Biker's Nemesis said:
doogz said:
g60luke said:
daemon said:
blueg33 said:
If the OP's username is an indication of his car then this is relevant

Golf G60 stats

Maximum power 162.2 PS (160 bhp) (119.3 kW)
@ 5600 rpm
Specific output 89.8 bhp/litre
1.47 bhp/cu in
Maximum torque 225.0 Nm (166 ft·lb) (22.9 kgm)
@ 4000 rpm

0-60 mph 8.30 s

Top speed 216 km/h (134 mph)

These are not big figures!

If this is the OP's car then it sounds like its the OP that has something to prove
Yes, no wonder hes burnt off by your average diesel car.
Havent got a G60 golf sorry to dissapoint smile
Had one about 10 years ago when I made my user name on various sites, although it was not standard then.
Have a 400bhp Mk1 golf, running 4wd now so slight under the 8.3 0-60 times, by about half actually!!! But love peoples assumptions.
Daily driver is a sluggish 350z GT4..
Sure.

That'll explain why you only bought said G60 last year, according to the Corrado forum.
rofl
And everyone conveniently misses this bit in the link the OP posted:

Chris Eyre on GTI International said:
The legend: the one and only ex-Mark Eliot Mk1 Golf, previously John Jones tuned and now owned by G60Luke, and in 4WD spec.



0-60 in 4.1, quarter in 12.8.

Still cutting it on the strip, well over 10 years after it was Inters regular in the '90s
http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1940...

Pull your necks in gents.
Cheers mate, I had noticed that too smile
Your welcome. Make sure you put it in the garage section on your profile though. This is most people first port of call when sizing someone up on here and having nothing listed attracts the FBI style investigations that gets all the old boys on here excited and saying things like 'pwned', 'fail' and 'thread of the year' as they high 5 each other, even though they are on some odd tangent. smile

Balmoral Green

30,048 posts

134 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
Last week my daily drive was a diesel, this week it's a petrol. I haven't changed the way I drive. But if I had 'tried it on' with the OP last week, he would have said it was because I was in a diesel confused


Cost Captain

3,621 posts

66 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
g60luke said:
EDLT said:
Are you sure they aren't just driving normally and its you who's got the issues?
If you consider driving at legal pace on the motorway, with an oil burner licking your back window, then when you pull over they try to blow your doors off, I guess your right, it must be me smile
If you were displaying correct lane discipline you wouldn't have to move out their way. Therefore you obviously drive like a douche. End of.

Ozzie Osmond

16,221 posts

132 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
"performance diesel"

rofl

"Range Rover Sport"

roflrofl


HowMuchLonger

2,819 posts

79 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
Ozzie Osmond said:
"performance diesel"

rofl

"Range Rover Sport"

roflrofl
0-60mph
Mini Cooper S 7.4sec
Range Rover Diesel (nearly 3 tons) 7.5sec

The range rover is no slouch.

Mr2Mike

12,361 posts

141 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
busta said:
This is most people first port of call when sizing someone up on here and having nothing listed attracts the FBI style investigations that gets all the old boys on here excited and saying things like 'pwned', 'fail' and 'thread of the year' as they high 5 each other, even though they are on some odd tangent. smile
rofl

Herman Toothrot

5,753 posts

84 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
scottishninja2 said:
I hate to agree with the original poster, but yes, i often find the people driving like tits on the road (seemingly wanting to prove themselves) are driving a VAG diesel.

However i also agree that this is probably just because they are company cars with no fuel concerns.

Stephen
I also agree a noticeable number of those who suddenly quicken their pace on seeing a sports car catch up with them are driving a Tdi, often VAG. Maybe they think they are being courteous speeding up, but really it would be better if they stuck to their original pace and let me overtake as all they are doing is still holding me up. The nature of most diesels does mean relatively swift acceleration say from 40 to 50 exiting a bend, but when out of the small window of powerband thats it.

I'd been driving a 2010 2.0 TDI Passat the last 3 weeks and can understand why people may feel that they can put the foot down and that their cars are fast as the change in pace does make the cars feel fast - its just that they are not. The human body isn't good at measuring speed, sitting in the passenger seat of a VAG 2.0TDi I'm sure most people if unable to see the speedo would think them faster than petrol n/a cars that are a full 3 or 4 seconds faster to 60mph. Doing an actual measure, say cruising at 30mph to a specific point, booting it to the next specific point and then looking at the speedo is a good indicator. The Passat for example when booted over the same distance as my VX220 will read about 20mph slower terminal speed, if feels faster though.

g60luke

Original Poster:

44 posts

65 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
Cost Captain said:
g60luke said:
EDLT said:
Are you sure they aren't just driving normally and its you who's got the issues?
If you consider driving at legal pace on the motorway, with an oil burner licking your back window, then when you pull over they try to blow your doors off, I guess your right, it must be me smile
If you were displaying correct lane discipline you wouldn't have to move out their way. Therefore you obviously drive like a douche. End of.
Your right enough, I am not worth of going in the outside lane for even a nano second I bow to your greatness humbly
And I suppose it's my fault I stopped at the traffic lights too
I am a poor example of a human being wink

hombrepaulo

490 posts

57 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
Seriously guys, which one of you has my stick?

loose cannon

2,641 posts

127 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
why are vag owners that wasted 30k building something special out of an old golf etc trying to prove there car is faster than something that is actually fast out of the box ? wink

Funk

15,288 posts

95 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
To be brutally honest, listening to people like the OP bhing about 'diesel drivers' is getting a little boring. As are the comments about 'performance diesels'.

1) The 123d does 60 in 6.5sec (according to evo magazine)
2) It returns 35mpg even when I'm driving it like I stole it (my previous car would be mid-teens, and not significantly faster)
3) I'm screwing the Government out of about £2k a year in fuel tax compared to my previous car
4) I actually enjoy driving my current car more

I've been out on a number of runs with fellow PHers, and most will probably vouch that on a cross-country blast I don't spare the horses. I'm as much a pistonhead as anyone else, despite my car drinking from the 'dirty' pump.

Given a choice between my current keys (123d) and my previous keys (Focus ST260) I'd be taking the keys to the BM every time. Diesels have come a long way.

To the OP; if anyone is hassling you on the road, you're holding them up regardless of what they're in. Just get out of the way and let them past. They're not trying to 'race' you, they're not trying to 'prove' anything. They just want to travel faster than you are.


Signed,

A Tailgating, Diesel-Driving tt


<flashes xenons: "GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU MONGtt.">

flakeypaul

427 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
My 1.9dci produces so much torque at 1200rpm that when I put my foot down today my passenger actually died.

Mr GrimNasty

4,111 posts

56 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
My skoda diesel is so fast I can drive around the M25 eating my own smoke.

dvance

603 posts

54 months

[news] 
Monday 13th December 2010 quote quote all
BRMMA said:
try not to take it personally if you get tailgated, if and when you can either move over or they overtake you'll watch them just on the bumper of the car in front and they'll probably be a lot more stressed than you are just bimbling along
Excuse me what? Try not to take it personally when you're endangering the well being of my P&J as well as myself and (possibly) my passengers? You might want to rethink that sentence again. There's a reason why tailgating is illegal mad
1 2 ... 5 6
8 9 10
Reply to Topic