Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

ross-456

Original Poster:

168 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
Just a quick question...
Will a Rolex be checked against the lost/stolen register when it goes to the service centre for a service?

I assume it would, as I can't imagine Rolex would want to work on a watch that wasn't in the correct ownership.

Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

aeropilot

8,767 posts

111 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
Yes.

Markp13

422 posts

44 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
Yes it would, so give it back to the guy you took it off.

Ikemi

6,689 posts

89 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
Is there something you're not telling us? hehe

Dominic H

2,975 posts

116 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
Yes, all watches returned for service are checked against the lost/stolen register.

DH
Advertisement

Miguel Alvarez

4,187 posts

54 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
Markp13 said:
Yes it would, so give it back to the guy you took it off.
lol.

ross-456

Original Poster:

168 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
Good to know, thanks for the replys.

I didn't get my Explorer II checked when I purchased it (privately) because I knew the seller.
But I did get it serviced at Bexley a couple of months ago, so all's well.

sneijder

5,006 posts

118 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
They've identified bodies from a Rolex serial number in the past ........

LHD

16,793 posts

71 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
sneijder said:
They've identified bodies from a Rolex serial number in the past ........
Really?

Jesus...

LukeBird

17,079 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 7th January 2011 quote quote all
LHD said:
sneijder said:
They've identified bodies from a Rolex serial number in the past ........
Really?

Jesus...
Presumably sneijder is referring to the chap who was found off the South Coast (I think his body was dumped in the sea) and when his body was found they worked out who he was by his Submariner and worked out an approximate time of death based on when it had wound down.

aeropilot

8,767 posts

111 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th January 2011 quote quote all
LHD said:
sneijder said:
They've identified bodies from a Rolex serial number in the past ........
Really?

Jesus...
Don't think Rolex was around in his era...... hehe

Edited by aeropilot on Saturday 8th January 11:08

Mr MoJo

4,695 posts

100 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th January 2011 quote quote all
aeropilot said:
LHD said:
sneijder said:
They've identified bodies from a Rolex serial number in the past ........
Really?

Jesus...
Don't think Rolex was around in his era...... hehe

Edited by aeropilot on Saturday 8th January 11:08
hehe

pikeyboy

1,967 posts

98 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th January 2011 quote quote all
Yeah a guy who I know had a sub serviced which he bought from a rather dubious source and they sent it back to the insurnace company of the previous owner as it was listed as stolen.

MarsellusWallace

1,155 posts

85 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th January 2011 quote quote all
pikeyboy said:
Yeah a guy who I know had a sub serviced which he bought from a rather dubious source and they sent it back to the insurnace company of the previous owner as it was listed as stolen.
Sounds like they do get recovered every now and again.Does anyone know if the register is international or does each country have its own?(ie if a stolen watch goes abroad and into Rolex for something then it doesnt appear on that countries lost/stolen register)

aeropilot

8,767 posts

111 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th January 2011 quote quote all
MarsellusWallace said:
pikeyboy said:
Yeah a guy who I know had a sub serviced which he bought from a rather dubious source and they sent it back to the insurnace company of the previous owner as it was listed as stolen.
Sounds like they do get recovered every now and again.Does anyone know if the register is international or does each country have its own?(ie if a stolen watch goes abroad and into Rolex for something then it doesnt appear on that countries lost/stolen register)
It's international, stolen database is managed by Rolex HQ in Geneva IIRC.
Reply to Topic