Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Friday 15th April 2011

Is This The New Hardcore GT3 RS LE Spec Sheet?

Tech spec for new Special edition GT3 RS '4.0' appears on the web. But is it a fake?



The internet (or at least the part of it most concerned with fast cars) has been abuzz in recent weeks with the rumour that Porsche is about to bring out a super-hardcore version of the 911 GT3 RS.

That car, say the whispers, will be a limited edition model with 500bhp from a bored-out 4.0-litre version of the 3.8-litre flat six from the 'regular' GT3. And now a spec sheet for the car has appeared on the webnet.

If this newly leaked spec sheet is true, then it will also cost around £160k with VAT, and will get ceramic brakes and an automatic nose-lift, but only as optional extras.

What the spec sheet also seems not to feature is the previously rumoured first appearance of Porsche's sportier version of the PDK twin-clutch transmission, the so-called PDK-S; the GT3 RS '4.0' instead seems to feature the more traditional RS fodder of a six-speed manual gearbox.

The problem is that there do seem to be a few troublesome points in the spec sheet: the word 'brake' is spelled 'break', the power figures are quoted in BHP instead of Porsche's more usual PS, and the model year is down as 2011 instead of 2012, which is more likely.

The question is, are these discrepancies due to the leaked document being an early draft or an elaborate hoax? We'll leave you to make up your mind on that one...


Riggers
2 3
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Ray Singh

Original Poster:

2,287 posts

117 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
£180k ? Gulp !!

glm1977

107 posts

48 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
a £1,600 light weight battery option - what on earth is the battery made of?

jon-

13,887 posts

103 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
glm1977 said:
a £1,600 light weight battery option - what on earth is the battery made of?
Unicorn tears and hope.

scotal

8,750 posts

166 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
glm1977 said:
a £1,600 light weight battery option - what on earth is the battery made of?
Lithium ION (or something like that) its an option on the Cayman R as well.

Slurms

1,178 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
written in english and priced in euros

Hmmm all very dubious.. That a the typos, this maybe the work of someone other than porsche methinks.
Advertisement

Muzzlepop

17 posts

44 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
jon- said:
Unicorn tears and hope.
LOL. You pay £1600 for the deletion of the battery and the addition of a winder handle.

MrTickle

1,679 posts

126 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
Doesn't look genuine to me. 20% VAT, English but priced in Euros?

ETA: Beaten to it!

Nero601

1,522 posts

83 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
Slurms said:
written in english and priced in euros

Hmmm all very dubious.. That a the typos, this maybe the work of someone other than porsche methinks.
Indeed smells like a week old Cod left in the sun scratchchin

[AJ]

3,037 posts

85 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
I'm rather convinced it's fake. Typos, mixing of Euros and UK VAT values. Yes the CGT and RS Spyder are priced in Euros, but they're LHD only. Also, Porsche always quote power figures in PS rather than BHP.

ajprice

10,221 posts

83 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all


hehe

Mubble

73 posts

72 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
Bloody hell, I bet the Porsche dealership sales guys have to attend monthly seminars teaching them the difference between the models. Never known a car company to milk a model so much.

Mermaid

18,449 posts

58 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
Porsche probably "leaked" the list to gently break the bad news to the faithful.

jon-

13,887 posts

103 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
Mubble said:
Bloody hell, I bet the Porsche dealership sales guys have to attend monthly seminars teaching them the difference between the models. Never known a car company to milk a model so much.
Don't be so dramatic. For the 997 there's only the 911 Carrera, 911 Carrera S, 911 Carrera Cabriolet, 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4, 911 Carrera 4S, 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet, 911 Black Edition, 911 Black Edition Cabriolet, 911 Carrera GTS, 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet, 911 Targa 4, 911 Targa 4S, 911 Turbo, 911 Turbo S, 911 Turbo Cabriolet, 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, 911 GT3, 911 GT3 RS, 911 GT2 RS and 911 Speedster.

Dead simple.

rob.e

2,656 posts

165 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
"Break"..?

Oh come on, really.

rolleyes

ge0rge

1,306 posts

92 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
Clearly a fake, far too good to be true,surely?!

Richard-G

1,224 posts

62 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
jon- said:
Mubble said:
Bloody hell, I bet the Porsche dealership sales guys have to attend monthly seminars teaching them the difference between the models. Never known a car company to milk a model so much.
Don't be so dramatic. For the 997 there's only the 911 Carrera, 911 Carrera S, 911 Carrera Cabriolet, 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4, 911 Carrera 4S, 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet, 911 Black Edition, 911 Black Edition Cabriolet, 911 Carrera GTS, 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet, 911 Targa 4, 911 Targa 4S, 911 Turbo, 911 Turbo S, 911 Turbo Cabriolet, 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, 911 GT3, 911 GT3 RS, 911 GT2 RS and 911 Speedster.

Dead simple.
sport classic

so many 911's that i cant tell my 997's from my 996's. All of them are great though, so all is forgiven

jamescarter1981

94 posts

127 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
Richard-G said:
jon- said:
Mubble said:
Bloody hell, I bet the Porsche dealership sales guys have to attend monthly seminars teaching them the difference between the models. Never known a car company to milk a model so much.
Don't be so dramatic. For the 997 there's only the 911 Carrera, 911 Carrera S, 911 Carrera Cabriolet, 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4, 911 Carrera 4S, 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet, 911 Black Edition, 911 Black Edition Cabriolet, 911 Carrera GTS, 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet, 911 Targa 4, 911 Targa 4S, 911 Turbo, 911 Turbo S, 911 Turbo Cabriolet, 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, 911 GT3, 911 GT3 RS, 911 GT2 RS and 911 Speedster.

Dead simple.
sport classic

so many 911's that i cant tell my 997's from my 996's. All of them are great though, so all is forgiven
Isn't there a GT2 Non RS version too??

Slinky

15,559 posts

136 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all


Hmmmm... Totally fictitious I believe..

Ikemi

6,725 posts

92 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
jon- said:
Don't be so dramatic. For the 997 there's only the 911 Carrera, 911 Carrera S, 911 Carrera Cabriolet, 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4, 911 Carrera 4S, 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet, 911 Black Edition, 911 Black Edition Cabriolet, 911 Carrera GTS, 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet, 911 Targa 4, 911 Targa 4S, 911 Turbo, 911 Turbo S, 911 Turbo Cabriolet, 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, 911 GT3, 911 GT3 RS, 911 GT2 RS and 911 Speedster.

Dead simple.
From an avid Lotus fan, what about;

Elise, Elise S, Elise 111S, Elise R, Elise 111R, Elise 135R, Elise Racetech, Elise Sports Racer, US Sport Elise, Elise Supercharged, Type 23, Type 25, Type 72, Type 49, Type 99T, Sport 135, Sport 190, Club Racer, Clark Type 25 ... and that's just the Series 2 models (I've probably missed some!)! wink

130R

4,822 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 15th April 2011 quote quote all
100% fake
2 3
Reply to Topic