Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

MADMAX2

Original Poster:

2,214 posts

79 months

[news] 
Saturday 23rd April 2011 quote quote all
Anywhere on internet or local west mids i can get one went out for a blast on the M40 this morn and doing several leptons i heard a ting sound and saw my splitter in the rear view mirror must have been coming off seemed ok when i sorted starter motor out

needs to be a metal one


Max

haircutmike

10,089 posts

89 months

[news] 
Saturday 23rd April 2011 quote quote all
Just put a plastic one on made from a scrap bit of gutter.

Mines still there after about 3 years.

lestershaw

1,573 posts

43 months

[news] 
Saturday 23rd April 2011 quote quote all
there is one on ebay for £25, i think it says its from act,
or do as Mike says
Lester

Graham

15,235 posts

169 months

[news] 
Saturday 23rd April 2011 quote quote all
Mine was missing when I bought the car in 99. It's still missing

SILICONE KID

11,766 posts

116 months

[news] 
Saturday 23rd April 2011 quote quote all
I have a spare one for £5 collection only..


Gizzer has a fabrication company ,think it is Gizzer who supplies a few products to ACT .Gizzer sent me two because it works out cheaper..I you look at the add on fleabay its the same product..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TVR-Griffith-Chimaera-Cerber...

Edited by SILICONE KID on Saturday 23 April 18:47

Advertisement

slideways

3,198 posts

106 months

[news] 
Saturday 23rd April 2011 quote quote all
Having a metal one up front would worry me, as they are held on the same as the plastic ones and if it came off, as they do,It could cause a fair bit of damage! I wouldn't want it ripping a hole in a tire at speed IYSWIM

SILICONE KID

11,766 posts

116 months

[news] 
Saturday 23rd April 2011 quote quote all
My car was set up very low with no problems over speed bumps so not a problem..

Voodoo13

306 posts

138 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
Anyone got a pic of this fitted to their car?

Flintstone

8,644 posts

132 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
MADMAX2 said:
Anywhere on internet or local west mids i can get one went out for a blast on the M40 this morn and doing several leptons i heard a ting sound and saw my splitter in the rear view mirror must have been coming off seemed ok when i sorted starter motor out

needs to be a metal one


Max
Can you say that all in one breath?

Simon says

11,286 posts

106 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
Flintstone said:
MADMAX2 said:
Anywhere on internet or local west mids i can get one went out for a blast on the M40 this morn and doing several leptons i heard a ting sound and saw my splitter in the rear view mirror must have been coming off seemed ok when i sorted starter motor out

needs to be a metal one


Max
Can you say that all in one breath?
He just did hehe

magpies

1,755 posts

67 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
anyone with a photo of one on the car - I'm looking for one to fit my S series

SILICONE KID

11,766 posts

116 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
Its a bit confusing,mine is fitted far back as possible with the scoop part to the front of the car,some have been fitted the other way..Which is correct..

carsy

2,029 posts

50 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
Mine hasn`t got one at all.frown Pictures of splitter n fixings needed please.

What is its main purpose? presumably does something for handling.

SILICONE KID

11,766 posts

116 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
Contact Gizzer ,he will post you one or even two! and give advice..

Flintstone

8,644 posts

132 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
carsy said:
What is its main purpose?
It makes a ting sound and then you see it in your rear view mirror. biggrin




Never had one on my 400 but did on the 500, not convinced they make much difference to be honest.

assynt road

307 posts

72 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
The spliters function is actualy to lower the air pressure under the bonnet, so as to help to stop it lifting at speed, it has nothing to do with the cars handling. It has been called a spliter, but really it ain't!. The flappy bit faces forward, opposite to the way you would expect, to cause drag and divert air down.

haircutmike

10,089 posts

89 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th April 2011 quote quote all
magpies said:
anyone with a photo of one on the car - I'm looking for one to fit my S series
My guttering one fitted about 3 years ago before I attacked the underside, (good god man it looks a state!).


Reply to Topic